Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 34  Next

Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!

Post subject: Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:46 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote: (GR00V3R @ 19 Jun. 2009, 15:29 )

With regard to the Nightbringer and his mates, obviously, the designer would need to take the C'Tan concept to a different place--the things are pretty much gods, though, so surely they could choose to appear however they wanted, providing the model designer infinite socpe. Besides, who needs a C'Tan when you could have a Skeleton Liche Lord Riding A Noxious Cloud?

Exactly, eg compare the 1st edition Slaanesh Keeper of secrets and all the subsequent variations (eg Warhammer versions with bull and other heads, Warmaster version with snake body, FW version which just looks like big daemonette). All they have in common is 4 arms, apart from that they are rather wildly different.

I imagine the Deceiver has lots of forms in particular.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

E/W ... Android Skeletal Warriors ...  I see a prefect fit ...  Execute Plan C  ...  :ghost:  :alien:  Now !!   :O

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Or "Undead Skeleton Warriors with Big F###-Off Guns".  :))

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Call me Nigel but surely between DRM

and the maybe happening plastic robots from the liberty league aren't a lot of Necron needs met?

Hell DRM have the Tyranid proxies there as well, 8 different critters at last count.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, I'd much rather an option to get good sized armies of the fabulous perfect Tyranids and Necrons as seen!  

Yet another here vaguely Necron/Tyranid knock-off model out there doesn't interest me that much and it would tragic to make such perfect models and only be able to get hold of mangled and changed versions with different guns and details :sad:

Good call with EWs for wider and saleable but I would jump at the chance to get loads of 'premium as is' resin ones unofficially between friends if there were the option :whistle:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Rug @ 19 Jun. 2009, 09:10 )

Isn't night bringer just a big old grim reaper with his base covered with beetles and insects?

This.  I'd say GW has as much exclusive right to it as they do to robot skeletons and space-bug-monsters.  Speaking of which...

Hell DRM have the Tyranid proxies there as well

Between this thread and others I've seen a lot of wishlisting for tyranids, and it's made me wonder.  Why aren't people happy with the skyth?
I mean, I have an idea or two why, but I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Vermis @ 19 Jun. 2009, 12:22 )

Quote: (Rug @ 19 Jun. 2009, 09:10 )

Isn't night bringer just a big old grim reaper with his base covered with beetles and insects?

This.  I'd say GW has as much exclusive right to it as they do to robot skeletons and space-bug-monsters.  Speaking of which...

Hell DRM have the Tyranid proxies there as well

Between this thread and others I've seen a lot of wishlisting for tyranids, and it's made me wonder.  Why aren't people happy with the skyth?
I mean, I have an idea or two why, but I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

There are probably 3 problems with the Skyth

1) The range isn't complete yet so a coherent Skyth proxy army isn't doable, you still need to fold in other models. This will eventually sort itself out

2) They aren't Tyranids, Tyranids have a distinctive identifiable style and the Skyth aren't it. Personally I don't think it's much of a problem but the full range needs to be available.

3) The mapping from Skyth models to Tyranid units in the army list isn't very coherent. It amounts to getting the models and making it up as you go along.

The Tyranid list has 4 small units (Inf), 5 Medium (LV), 6 Big (AV) and 6 Large (WE). The available Skyth models probably only cover 4 small, 1 medium (Claw warriors) and 1 big (Skyth medium beasts don't seem distinctive enough to differentiate between the the Tyranid AV's as they are).  Essentially you can't build a Tyranid list from Skyth models yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Vermis @ 19 Jun. 2009, 12:22 )

Because while they look generally nidish, they don't like specifically like any particular nids. People like the GW designs, and want to have those designs in epic scale, which of course DRM can't do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I have the DRM Andys & Skyth ... Like'm and certainly believe you could work out a Necron or 'Nid army ...  I think E/W making some sort of Robo Skellys with hi-tech weapons, etc. as mentioned is an excellent idea ("Plan C").  For a lot of reasons ... Besides you can't have too many alien killer android types ... :vD  I'm really not sure where WGF Deathbots are going ?  And if they come thru ... fine, I'll have F/W Chaos Andys, DRM, E/W & WGF Andys ... it's a big galaxy/universe. I think too many are "wedded" to the idea that you have to have exact doppelgangers of G/W Necrons & 'Nids. :glare:  There are obvious reasons why that may be a problem ...  However, if the lovely Greens of both armies mentioned, that E&C posted goes "Plan B", ie. "Covert Casting" ... That would be very acceptable ...  At this point we already have an "Underground Railroad" established for this sort of operation.  :blues:  Compounded by F/W's recent decision, I believe those who can excute/active Plans B & C should do so. That may be easier said then done. :sulk: I think, and don't kid yourself, there is a very, very good chance(98%+), IMO, the only Epic scale models that will be in the F/W catalogue will be AI by 2010.  Don't count the Tony's Titan Game ... that at this point is a little more then wishfull thinking/day dreaming.  And really won't affect the 'Nid/Necron situation ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:24 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Quote: (Man of kent @ 19 Jun. 2009, 00:03 )

Can you tell us anything more CS?

I dont think that it would be totally fair. The impression that I got was that this was a complete 'fan-written' thing (with a chance of getting it 'out there' later when it is done), and very much a work in progress. It may never even come out, but Jervis said that he was having fun writing and playing it himself.

In addition, it is in no way related to the 40K background/universe.

The point is, I doubt that a Titan-game from FW would register highly on his radar.

*The above is almost total speculation on my part, and Jervis may actually be waiting for this Titan game with more anicipation than the rest of us!  :p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (CyberShadow @ 19 Jun. 2009, 19:24 )

In addition, it is in no way related to the 40K background/universe.

It's Man-O-War II isn't it?  Come on, you can tell us!  *LAUGH*

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

its goning to be based on battletech right !!

oh wait hang on they did that... tau.

cough. maybe the global financal problems meant G/W  had to cull there orginal ideas department.. ..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GW haven't had an original ideas department for many years. They've only got the rip-off James Cameron and Micheal Moorcock departments.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

...looks like all the useful stuff has gone now...:-(. Glad i picked up a giant Squiggoth in my mass buy; what a lovely model!
R>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 34  Next