Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next

Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!

Post subject: Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rang FW and spoke with Simon this morning, all the bitz that were missing are being replaced, there is, however a 4-week delay on my gargantuan squiggoths.

He confirmed that there has been misinformation and the models that have been removed are up for review to determine whether retooling is financially viable for them.

There is hope.

D.

[b]Bearded Dice[/b]: [url]http://bearded-dice.co.uk[/url]

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yep I hate painting the more stuff that is there for washes and drybrushes the better!

As tot he fantasy stuff (http://arena-deathmatch.com/onlineshop/onlineshop.php), its well fantasy. Truely its all rather generic now.

Likewise a robot with a gun is done to death - I think the only copyrightable thing on it is the green tube and the name, and even then Lego might have done something first with those tubes!

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (daemonkin @ 22 Jun. 2009, 10:44 )

He confirmed that there has been misinformation and the models that have been removed are up for review to determine whether retooling is financially viable for them.

If that is the case it would sound like FW would like to keep epic stuff on sale, if at all possible. We might see a reduced range consisting of the more popular models.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (illuvitar @ 22 Jun. 2009, 08:42 )

@ warmaster
im afraid im seeing this whole proxy painting conundrum from the opposite side of the fence.

i want the most detailed models i can get exactly cause i know im a SUCK painter  :)) yes thats right i actually do realize it ( and youve all seen the pics ive posted so you know). and really having the detail there and useing "tricks" (basic dry brushing and inking) is the only way i am generally happy with the way my figs come out.

No worries mate :) The point I was trying to make was just that I felt people had been a bit harsh in judging the quality of older models recently. Differnt designs allows different things and simple models aren't necessarily always bad. With CAD it is easy to get caught up in tiny details that almost won't show on the production models. Ask Otterman how much I've been nagging him about werther a component should be 0.1 mm in one direction or the other on the new EW Guild MBT :D
The important thing is to have options available to as many people as possible, to keep Epic alive with minimal GW support.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (alansa @ 22 Jun. 2009, 12:09 )

Quote: (daemonkin @ 22 Jun. 2009, 10:44 )

If that is the case it would sound like FW would like to keep epic stuff on sale, if at all possible. We might see a reduced range consisting of the more popular models.

That would be great news. I just hope they would be a bit more open about these sort of decisions so people don't panic like this again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think that's always been said to be the case here, the FW guy I spoke to first thing that Monday did confide the likely option was that they would disappear however. I understand that if they decide retooling a mould is not financially viable that model will be gone, not just that they will carry on using the old mould.

The only thing that really will convince them is sales and  evidence of desire for future sales, if there has been a significant enough upswing since models started disappearing that could persuade them to keep some (I suspect all is unlikely).

Time will tell, but if there are models you want it's probably safest to pick them up now incase the possibility to goes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Somewhat random but a neat terminator army here
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=172455

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I have faith the Skelly Robot conundrum will be successfully resolved ... :alien:  One way or another ... Or Both !!!   :))    I'll stick with mine and others' assessment that all the Epic F/W that will be available by 2010 are AI minis. Sorry Boyz ... that's the way I see it ...  :ghost:  And the Tony Titan game doesn't play into my plans, if it ever comes about since I don't need/want bigger (probably fairly expensive) Titans ...   I'm much more concerned about the 5 Maly variants ... as hoping for F/W support does not seem likely, IMO ... But as always ... we'll just wait & see ...     :blues:  8v)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My FW order arrived today; all in good nick with the exception of 1 mangled hull heavy bolter for a baneblade and a missing gargantuan squiggoth (guess I'm in the same boat as Daemonkin here).

V interested to see how this plays out - even though the writing is on the wall, I'd be staggered if FW stopped doing Epic minis entirely, although past experiance with GW means this wouldn't come as a surprise...

Reedar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The first of my three  :whistle: panic orders has arrived in very good condition, some warped lascannon turrets for the Baneblades, but nothing major.

As for contacting FW, I hope people convince them that carrying the entire Tau range would be a good thing. There are just too many things missing right now for me to order half an army. I also think the message to FW should be that we want the new 40K stuff, only in Epic scale. Fanlists would compete to include them, and it would be a good thing for Epic.

I also have to agree with Warmaster Nice. If models lack in detail, it is perfectly possible to paint shapes/textures/lines that even look better than if the lines existed in the first place. I would say that this is the most important aspect of painting 6mm models, the painting needs to help (and sometimes fool) the eye to understand the shape of the model. Flat (not detailed) areas can also be used for markings, adding baggage or ammo crates and so on. Details are nice, but not indispensible.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Frak me.. My order arrived today and no Epic other than the ruined librarium. I want my Gargantuan Squiggoth. And here I ordered quickly after I heard things were goin bye-bye. Hope it isnt too long before they arrive. They are probably doing panic-casting right now and saying "WTF is up with these Epic players!"  :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (silentbob27 @ 22 Jun. 2009, 20:38 )

"WTF is up with these Epic players!"  

Oh...we just wanted one of the best wargames out there to be supported...that's all!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Man of kent @ 22 Jun. 2009, 22:09 )

Quote: (silentbob27 @ 22 Jun. 2009, 20:38 )

"WTF is up with these Epic players!"  

Oh...we just wanted one of the best wargames out there to be supported...that's all!

Cybershadow: Can we please have this quote installed as a subtitle to the Tactical Command banner on these forums   :))  :))  :))  :))  :))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

*Joke/On*...do you think that would work as a defence in court? ;-)! *Joke/Off*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So where are the FW Epic Warhounds then? Getting restocked?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next