Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next

Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!

Post subject: Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is all wishful thinking, the chances still are that Project "M" will be rejected, and the whole epic range cancelled.

Requesting FW make brand new models (other than those we present them with) at this juncture will achieve nothing.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 21:08 )

A dozen tournaments of 15-20 people a time are not going to convince Forgeworld to sell anything.

One email by Forgeworld to their mailing list does more Marketing than the UK Epic Tournament scene could manage in ten years.

One Official downloadable army list on the Forgeworld website provides more Support for Epic's rules than any of the worldwide Rules Committees could achieve in ten years.

Development and Models, I think there's space for us to contribute.

Oh I know that :)

Its more to show we are puting our heart into it!

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Latest from TMP
Red3actual 19 Jun 2009 5:16 p.m. PST
I actually have received an email. They say the hammerheads/railguns are on backorder….doesn't seem to jive with the rumors…unless they want me to wait til January when they decide what the fate of the molds are…

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd do it if I knew what they all were - care to put a note in for the gun?

- Malcador Tank - Battlecannon, 2x Lascannons, Hull Heavy Bolter
- Malcador Defender Tank - 7x Heavy Bolters Hull Demolisher Cannon (in Epic that'd be 3x Twin Heavy Bolters & a Demolisher Cannon)
- Malcador Annihilator Tank - Twin Lascannon, 2x Lascannons, Hull Demolisher Cannon
- Valdor - Neutrino Laser Projector (lightweight Volcano Cannon, probably TK(1))
- Minotaur - Twin Earthshaker Tank

other proposed varients

I've proposed to Forgeworld a small, limited risk release to test the waters, which has a small chance of actually working.

I'm not going to write to them again to add 'let's make some new designs of tank too!' to the proposal because they'd reject that with extreme prejudice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Can your designs be cast in metal? if so, are there other manufacturers that could produce the stuff (E/W, DRM etc)? Note that Netepic is coming to the London tournament next weekend, and I am sure he would like a look at your work.

Vitai lampada
Sir Hemry Newbolt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Your models look better detailed and nicer than any of the existing Russes and could well be used by people as proxies for Russes, Basilisks, Shadowswords, ect. People who care may well offer to buy larger numbers of them than they otherwise would because interest in them would be crucial to the future of any official new models.

Random thought that may or may not be a good idea; could Groover publish an article over on BoLS about this pitch with photos (possibly written by yourself), saying if you want FW epic back and if you want new models please contact them and say so and how many. BoLS having a much greater readership than here and it's a sort of power to the people thing. No hint of other fan made efforts or any possibility they might ever be available in any other fashion than FW should be made, possibly not even that they are made on computer in case that notion worries GW. Thoughts E&C?

Regardless of whether this succeeds or fails, if I ever meet you at some future tournament I shall have to buy you a pint as a thanks for all the good efforts you've put into epic E&C :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ginger: They're FW's designs, not E&C's, he's just debigified them, so EW/DRM can't sell them due to copyright and all that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 21:23 )

other proposed varients

I've proposed to Forgeworld a small, limited risk release to test the waters, which has a small chance of actually working.

I'm not going to write to them again to add 'let's make some new designs of tank too!' to the proposal because they'd reject that with extreme prejudice.

I would have thought otherwise acually. Look here is the donkey work of de bigging and here is some concept stuff. Whats more interesting? Plus the Malacador army is quite interesting, example of single sourcing world production maybe?

Hell if FW started seeing Epic as a way to fund concepts we would be rolling in models!

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:34 )

Also, some parts of Otterman's petite crabes would need work before they reach FW standard (especially the heads, which I am sorry to say are clearly not retail standard on the 1:4 scale 'big' crabes)

I still have a half-finished head on my desk, if it interests anyone.

Also: what Zombocom said.  That would be a Very Bad Thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (GlynG @ 20 Jun. 2009, 21:44 )

Random thought that may or may not be a good idea; could Groover publish an article over on BoLS about this pitch with photos (possibly written by yourself), saying if you want FW epic back and if you want new models please contact them and say so and how many. BoLS having a much greater readership than here and it's a sort of power to the people thing. No hint of other fan made efforts or any possibility they might ever be available in any other fashion than FW should be made, possibly not even that they are made on computer in case that notion worries GW. Thoughts E&C?

Hell, yes, I think widespread pressure is the way to go, and how many people would love to see FW taking on quality new stuff from fans?

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (GlynG @ 20 Jun. 2009, 21:44 )

Random thought that may or may not be a good idea; could Groover publish an article over on BoLS about this pitch with photos (possibly written by yourself), saying if you want FW epic back and if you want new models please contact them and say so and how many. BoLS having a much greater readership than here and it's a sort of power to the people thing... Thoughts E&C?

I think if we were to try an email campaign, this would be a good thing to ask of our man Groov3r.

The question remains as to whether bombarding Forgeworld with 'Produce Epic Malcadors! I would buy 20!' is a good idea, or just likely to irritate.

Regardless of whether this succeeds or fails, if I ever meet you at some future tournament I shall have to buy you a pint as a thanks for all the good efforts you've put into epic E&C :)

Cheers, I try my best, and whilst there's a little hope I don't see a reason not to try...

...and I'll try to suppress my Alcohol allergy long enough to down the pint. :))

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zombocom @ 20 Jun. 2009, 21:46 )

Ginger: They're FW's designs, not E&C's, he's just debigified them, so EW/DRM can't sell them due to copyright and all that.

Well, I can understand copyrighting the name etc, but I didn't think that applied to different scale items as well. You learn a new thing every day . . .

Vitai lampada
Sir Hemry Newbolt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:15 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

This is in no way a criticism of the Malcadors that look like they will be fantastic. However I can't see how they would be a significant seller for FW - they are for a minor armylist with few players. I know there was a poll with large numbers but, to be blunt, talk is cheap - how many of those would actually come through when they price it up and think 3 for £15(can't see FW being less than that) and I need enough for 2 companies - so about £100 in all.

That without the issue of FW making rules which I think would be a disaster given that their FW rules are widley considered rubbish - and they play that game, and also their track record of interaction with the epic community - that they weren't planning Chaos flyers, weren't axeing the range etc.

I think they should be left to make their own decision over E&Cs pitch any kind of concerted emailing will just be counterproductive IMO. They have a limited staff who are just going to be irritated by continual emailing - and it has never done any good anyway.

Like E&C I've heard that they aren't interested in doing infantry anymore - which I can't say I'm suprised at as they must have to replace so many orders thanks to damage and miscasts. All we might get back is the Ork+IG range to complement the SG range.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:34 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

They (WF) told me that we (the epic community) can influence (hope so) what they will keep and what not to keep! by sending them @ mail what we would like to buy if/when epic stuff is back on stock!

:agree:

Harridan, no. Not without a supporting Tyranid range of models.

Roads, I also doubt it, terrain has never sold well for Forgeworld.

Tony C doesn't like Epic infantry.

:shutup:

Didn't we try something like this before, sent F/W a list of our names saying we want more Epic stuff  ... or something like that ?!

Yep. Clearly effective!  :no:

Part of my suggestion to Tony C was that FW take over Official development of Epic

:vD

Also I hope that FW doesn't try to make up the units themselves. So far they haven't done that good a job at it. Do they play Epic even there (they didn't used to right, but time may have changed this)?

Please dont let FW write Epic!  :p

This is all wishful thinking, the chances still are that Project "M" will be rejected, and the whole epic range cancelled.

Unfortunately, entirely true. I fully expect to see no more Epic reappear beyond AI and Titans.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There's a huge difference in giving your name and a email compared to buying lots of minis. I guess if people were buying their minis then they would still produce them. :mad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next