Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 34  Next

Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!

Post subject: Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Tooninki @ 20 Jun. 2009, 19:11 )

They (WF) told me that we (the epic community) can influence (hope so) what they will keep and what not to keep! by sending them @ mail what we would like to buy if/when epic stuff is back on stock!
Also we can send them suggestions how to repack them! (model wise)
So do we make a poll what we would like to keep & what we can lose without crying!?

Didn't we try something like this before, sent F/W a list of our names saying we want more Epic stuff  ... or something like that ?!   :rock:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:22 )

I would rather Forgeworld produced them, even if I personally made a loss on the project (due to money already invested in having Bronzes / multiple prototypes made).

As I said ... I'll take what I can get ...  :vD  And where I can get it !!  :;):  8v)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Legion 4 @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:23 )

They (WF) told me that we (the epic community) can influence (hope so) what they will keep and what not to keep! by sending them @ mail what we would like to buy if/when epic stuff is back on stock!
So do we make a poll what we would like to keep & what we can lose without crying!?

Didn't we try something like this before, sent F/W a list of our names saying we want more Epic stuff  ... or something like that ?!   :rock:

Indeed, I handed that list of signitures to Tony C personally a couple of years ago.

However, that list was asking Forgeworld's Core Studio to make some new Epic models which is different to what we're considering now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So taking the current minis range (inc those minis that are out of stock) and make a list based on that on what we would like to keep with repack suggestions. (like more FW:s w/Pathfinders & drones.S ingle Shvy:s)
Others they can just forget.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Hena @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:26 )

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 21:38 )

If you want that, well, I sent Tony C (head of Forgeworld) a couple of Epic scale Malcador tanks a few days ago, along with pictures of the other Malcador tanks I've designed. I pitched him the idea of trying out a small release such as the five Malcador class tanks in order to gauge the practicality of releasing new Epic models (I'd like to be able to offer him other community created models in the future if a limited release went well).

With the model on the table in front of them, and a clear demand for the models... ?

Ok. Any chance for some different miniature for this? Like properly scaled Defiler for example.

They don't have a properly scaled Defiler sitting on their desks at this very moment, and it would take quite a while to get one to them.

Also, some parts of Otterman's petite crabes would need work before they reach FW standard (especially the heads, which I am sorry to say are clearly not retail standard on the 1:4 scale 'big' crabes), but also I believe they need some more detailing on the leg armour in order to match the 40k one?

Why? Because it would have an army already using it instead of making a new mini which isn't used by any list. That will not give you proper sell ratio by a long shot.

Part of my suggestion to Tony C was that FW take over Official development of Epic by making an army list to serve the Malcadors available as a download from the FW website.

I chose the Malcadors to centre this pitch around because:

- They're a small range of models (5 models total required)
- No other models would be required to make the full army (unlike Chaos which needs a lot of models)

Tony C. told me when we met that he's adverse to just putting out models without proper support for them.

Chaos Demon engines could be part of that as well (the khorne things).

That's expanding the range of models released without any particular focus. Also neither of the Khorne Daemon Engines (Blood Slaughterer or Brass Scorpion) currently exist in Epic scale at full retail quality and would probably take six weeks or so before we could have some ready, and that's if someone started designing them today...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think FW epic Space Marines would sell loads and have thought it bonkers they released niche armies like Tau and Grey Knights without doing the most popular and highest selling army of W40k, especially when they sculpted some and semi-released others (Rhinos and Land Raiders on the THTs).

I'd sell the most of a chapter of crappy marine models I have and buy up a 3-4k of FW marines them for sure. It's on my list of things to suggest when I write to them, hopefully this weekend. I'll also mention wanting the Malcadors :)

They have bumped the price up of AI kept models £1 recently I think. Considering the silly price and mostly crappy detail of GW epic models atm I don't mind if they do bump the prices up a little to keep them profitable and still supported.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:26 )

Quote: (Legion 4 @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:23 )

Indeed, I handed that list of signitures to Tony C personally a couple of years ago.

However, that list was asking Forgeworld's Core Studio to make some new Epic models which is different to what we're considering now.

Ah ... I see ... Well at this point all we can do is try ...   :agree:   E&C ... looks like you are pointman ... :;):

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (GlynG @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:37 )

I think FW epic Space Marines would sell loads and have thought it bonkers they released niche armies like Tau and Grey Knights without doing the most popular and highest selling army of W40k, especially when they sculpted some and semi-released others (Rhinos and Land Raiders on the THTs).

I'd sell the most of a chapter of crappy marine models I have and buy up a 3-4k of FW marines them for sure. It's on my list of things to suggest when I write to them, hopefully this weekend. I'll also mention wanting the Malcadors :)

I'd buy lots too.

Heck I bought enough multi-part marines to make a Devestator formation at £2 per model!

My advice when writting a letter is to keep it concise and understandable. Keep the list of requests short and succinct, and don't go asking for models like Decimators or Death Wheels or Feral Titans, as FW honestly have no idea what those are or why they'd be wanted.

Stick to stuff they already have, or could put into production rapidly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Hena @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:43 )

Making a list up to use the Malcador will not mean that anyone will use it. Most the lists seem to have very little testing so making stuff up to try to sell a model doesn't really sound a good idea. I'd much rather see the work done to do a proper head to Defiler and rescaling the model to proper size. It won't take that long and probalities to sell it is a lot higher.

Without a list under their aegis (note I don't say control, I think there could be wiggle room for a role for the ERC if they go for the Malcadors) Forgeworld is unlikely to put out models.

Also I hope that FW doesn't try to make up the units themselves. So far they haven't done that good a job at it. Do they play Epic even there (they didn't used to right, but time may have changed this)?

Noone at GWHQ plays Epic on a regular basis.

That's expanding the range of models released without any particular focus. Also neither of the Khorne Daemon Engines (Blood Slaughterer or Brass Scorpion) currently exist in Epic scale at full retail quality.
Eh? That's making units available to already existing list, LatD.

Neither the Blood Slaughterer or the Brass Scorpion exist in the L&TD army list.

Overall I'd much rather see it taking a month or two longer if the model has in reality a chance to sell better. I don't see that in Malcador.
Before I took the 'would you buy a Malcador Defender from Forgeworld' poll down, it had 350+ tanks wanted votes, and that's just one of the five tanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 11:38 )

If you want that, well, I sent Tony C (head of Forgeworld) a couple of Epic scale Malcador tanks...

That's cool, and I'm sure IG models sell best for FW, but I'm not too interested in IG. I'd probably be more interested if I ran IG, or had a more traitor-oriented LaTD.

I wish they'd fill in the blanks in some of the other "official" lists that are out there first. Chaos especially. Daemon engines, doomwheels, altars, daemon princes, greater daemons, dreadnoughts, knights and titans, etc. I've made some of my own, but I'd love some pro-crafted pieces down the line (my feral, doomwheel and altars look sort of "homemade" next to my recently-added crabbies).

Beyond that, I'd love to see them keep stocking Tau (I'd hoped to pick them up next year after my current Epic & 40k armies are "finished"), and then fill in the other missing armies.

Of course, wishlisting just seems pointless. GW won't increase support for side games because it will detract from the "core". New players are reticent to try a game that isn't supported. FW would be crazy to make models for a game that isn't a draw for new players. It's a fun little circle... all because GW isn't a "Game Company" anymore but instead it's a "28+mm Warhammer and Lord of the Rings Miniature Producer".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:34 )

Part of my suggestion to Tony C was that FW take over Official development of Epic by making an army list to serve the Malcadors available as a download from the FW website.

Would it not be better to say here is the model, here is the army list and these are the dozen xisting tournies a year we will hawk it.

So Development - Check
Model - Check
Support - Check
Marketing - Check

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (The_Real_Chris @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:58 )

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 20:34 )

Would it not be better to say here is the model, here is the army list and these are the dozen xisting tournies a year we will hawk it.

So Development - Check
Model - Check
Support - Check
Marketing - Check

A dozen tournaments of 15-20 people a time are not going to convince Forgeworld to sell anything.

One email by Forgeworld to their mailing list does more Marketing than the UK Epic Tournament scene could manage in ten years.

One Official downloadable army list on the Forgeworld website provides more Support for Epic's rules than any of the worldwide Rules Committees could achieve in ten years.

Development and Models, I think there's space for us to contribute.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 20 Jun. 2009, 19:38 )

If you want that, well, I sent Tony C (head of Forgeworld) a couple of Epic scale Malcador tanks a few days ago, along with pictures of the other Malcador tanks I've designed. I pitched him the idea of trying out a small release such as the five Malcador class tanks in order to gauge the practicality of releasing new Epic models (I'd like to be able to offer him other community created models in the future if a limited release went well).

Is it worth a concerted group emailing, saying :

"I would like to buy:
- XX Malcador Tanks
- XX Malcador Defender Tanks
- XX Malcador Annihilator Tanks
- X Valdors
- X Minotaurs"?

I'd do it if I knew what they all were - care to put a note in for the gun? Basic has Hve bolter, Annihilator lascannon, defender Valdor has a missing hull bit and very big gun, Minotaur has 2 earthshakers.
But otherwise I'd want a company/companies of suitable stuff. Prob two basic companies plus command tanks, maybe a company of artillary, a pack of the stugs.

Stick it on TMP as well though in the news? Something like can you convice forgeworld to sell these models?

I would suggest a hull pack and guns pack for those models that a suitable, so twice as many turrets as hulls, possibly with three common and one each of uncommon?

If you made those other proposed varients could they go in to such a pack?

General Plumer, 191x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 34  Next