Login |  Register |  FAQ

Yay! Titan Legions this summer!

Post subject: Yay! Titan Legions this summer!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Jervis just posted this schedule for playtest rules to be released in the forseeable future:

I]Rather than keeping on trying to juggle all of the lists, I have decided to concentrate on them one 'group' at a time over a period of 2 months, with the aim of getting a 'more or less' finished lists sorted out. Once a group is sorted, I'll move onto the next one. By 'group' I mean the set of lists that will be released in the same year, and by 'more or less finished' I means that I'll be happy to tweak points values and improve the wording of rules, but that the structure and contents of the list will be pretty much finalised.

The order that I plan to work through the lists is as follows. Apologies to those that find their favorite army waaaay down the list.

1. (March-April '04): Biel-Tann Eldar, Feral Ork, Siege Regiment of Krieg, PLUS Black Templars.

2. (May-June '04): Chaos Space Marine, Chaos Lost & Damned, Ulthwe Eldar, Cadians, PLUS Blood Angels

3. (July-August '04): Necrons, Adeptus Mechanicus/Titan Legions, Imperial Fists, PLUS Orkamedies Gargant Bigmob

4. (September-October '04): Hive Fleet Kraken, Iyanden Eldar, Sisters of Battle (Salem), PLUS Siam Hann Eldar

5. (November-December '04): Tau, Hive Fleet Kraken Splinter Fleet, Blood Axe Mercenaries, PLUS Dark Angels

[/I]

Looking very much forward to this summer rules-wise! :)

Cheers![

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nuts. I was hoping for Air War to be out then.
Oh well, I suppose I'll have to wait for the flyboys for a bit longer, and it's not exactly as if I wouldn't like Titan rules.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm still waiting for E:A to reach the US !  :o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nuts. I was hoping for Air War to be out then.
Oh well, I suppose I'll have to wait for the flyboys for a bit longer, and it's not exactly as if I wouldn't like Titan rules.

Oh, sorry, It's not the ATIII rules; it's just the Adeptus Mecchaniccus/Titan Legions army list. Also to be included with those is a list called "Orkimedes' Gargant Big Mobs". Pretty exciting IMO! :)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That is interesting ! :;):

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I'm assuming these are "beta" lists not actual printed books that will be available for download?

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes. I think these are just the initial draft army lists. But judging from the way they are batched together i believe it is safe to assume that we will see the contents of each printed book resemble what is released together (eg. CSM, Cultists, Ulthwe, Cadians, Blood Angels in one book.) There does seem to be certain thematic resemblances for each month's releases.

Cheers! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:50 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Yep.  They definitely line up with the projected releases.  #1 is Swordwind, #2 is the chaos release, #4 is the Nids release, #3 and #5 are a bit odd, but could definitely be the Necron and Tau releases (at least the projected releases at this point).

And I'm rather interested in the AT/Orkimedies test lists.  I've been itching to buy some new gargants anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:25 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote (Warmaster Nice @ 15 2004 Mar.,19:16)
Yes. I think these are just the initial draft army lists. But judging from the way they are batched together i believe it is safe to assume that we will see the contents of each printed book resemble what is released together (eg. CSM, Cultists, Ulthwe, Cadians, Blood Angels in one book.) There does seem to be certain thematic resemblances for each month's releases.

Cheers! :)

The first 4 I get but Blood Angels?  If this was an EoT themed release then Space Wolves would be far more appropriate.

Not that I am complaining mind. My chosen SM army for Epic A is Blood Angels- they had the red spray paint instock when I bought my first few Epic A blisters.

That and I thought that the BA army list would n't be too different from the Codex Astartes Chapters apart from the addition of Death Company and Baal predators. Unlike say the Black Templars who have no devastators. Thus I could start painting and basing my army, playing smaller games using the Codex Astartes army list and then move across to the Blood Angel list if it was released.

And now I find out that BA list will be ready early than I had hoped!!  Woo-hoo!!

:)

James

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actuallly it makes pretty good sense: Diddn't Jimbo have a pic on his site of what appeared to be an Epic scale Baal Predator?
Also there's the whole "Black Rage and Flesh Tearers possibly turning chaos"-discussion which might have some sort of influence on this choice... But i do agree: If this was an EOT related thing Space Wolves would seem much more appropriate. BTW I wonder how long it will be before we see aa SW list... :cool:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Typical, I spend ages choosing a SM chapter that I hoped wouldn't be given a list and force me to potentially change/remove various units from my early ideas, steering clear of Space Wolves, etc. and decided on the relitively "plain" Imperial Fists... and what happens! A list is gonna come out for Imperial Fists! There isn't even a mention of Space Wolves on that post and I thought they'd be one of the first to be given a unique list.

Apart from that, I'm glad to see the sheer number of armies that are going to be given unique army lists. Giving the player a huge range of army choices will hopefully make E:A a lot more characterful (especially at tournaments) than some of the other games and previous editions of Epic. Good to see.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Orkimedes = gargantz = lotz = Gargant-size Landa?
If Orkimedes = Armageddon then gargantz + lotz = Tellyporta
If Tellyporta = big teleport device = Big model of Tellyporta
Or gargantz + lotz = Big Landa
Then HUZZAH!!!!!!

Perhaps Deffsta's time has come at last?

Then again, should I start or should I wait for the list?

Things to do:
- List Gargants
- dust Deffsta
- design Landa
- design Tellyporta (you never know..)
- clear space in display cabinet
- submit post #500 to Epicomms..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Now this is good news! I'll be waiting for the Marine and especially Titan Legion lists.   :cool:

And Vanvlak, don't forget the "Deff's Hed" Gargant mob with the Boss Gargant Supa Sta Destroyer.  :p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Titan Legions list...sounds like an excuse for lots of Titans! Plus, will we see the return of knights and ordinati?

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:59 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Aww nuts. I guess that I am the only who is not ecstatic about Titan Legions. I have two Warhounds in my Epic Marine force that I am (very, very slowly) building - Romulus and Remus.  :D  I wanted one to be an Inferus pattern weapon fit, but I only know the cost of the standard weapon fit.

If the Infernus is a different points cost, I will either have to change the army to accomodate, or get a single standard weapon fit, just in case!  :(