Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic UK Codex Titanicus released (AM, Ork, Nid and Eldar)

Post subject: Epic UK Codex Titanicus released (AM, Ork, Nid and Eldar)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heads up for those that might be interested - Epic UK have released a new Epic Armageddon Codex Titanicus, with tournament usable lists for AM Titan Legion (including the newer Warbringer and Warmaster titans), Ork Gargant Big Mobs, Eldar Titan Clans and Nid Biotitan lists. May be of interest of some of you elsewhere in the work to use in your Armageddon games as I don't know when or if some of these factions will get a tournament approved Net-EA version.

http://epic-uk.co.uk/lists/CodexAT.pdf

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Epic UK Codex Titanicus released (AM, Ork, Nid and Eldar
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for posting this as it made me paint up my models for AT2018 and give the list a whirl. (Credit also goes to Ian, IJW as well.)

I’d like to offer some feedback on the list after a few games and after attending Counter-attack at Bristol. Overall I like the list, a lot more than the previous ATML list and will continue to use it for Epic in preference to other options.

Currently the armyforge builder has a few errors for list construction, support warhounds have no options to specify their weapon load-outs although they do as a battle formation of 2. You cannot add a 3rd knight to a battle formation either. The army claims you can. Another query I have with the builder is in regards to upgrades. The wording in the army list says that formations can take each different upgrade once but the army-builder allowed each upgrade once per model. So formations of 2 knights would be able each take seneschal & veteran upgrades.

Moving on to feedback on the list itself and how it played:

The list seemed quite interesting to use and quite fun if played well but it also felt very fragile and somewhat hopeless into some foes. At the Bristol event I face squats, black legion and nids. Lost narrowly to the squats, got completely annihilated by the black legion but won against the nids (nids was a 4k game compared to the others games at 2.5k). I am not very good at Epic Armageddon so that certainly colours my perception somewhat. I prefer direct firepower over engagements and the activation disadvantage can feel crippling at times when combined the relative mediocre strategy rating. (I don’t think I will want to put the list down against marine or chaos lists even for friendly games.)

The bigger titans are imposing and have plenty of presence on the table but it is quite easy for opponents to avoid them. Knight formations are odd, I have been running a pair of single acastus knights and questorus knights as pairs or singles. Usually trying to get seneschal upgrades on them for helping clear blast but in the future I suspect veterans will be preferred to make them fearless. ATSKNF is a weird rule to me at at helps enormously against suppression and being broken due to blasts but the knight formations are so small that they are still horribly vulnerable to getting hacked down as they are not amazing when opponents engage them. I tend to over-extend but they feel very odd. Trying to kill the with basic weaponry is via failed saves is a challenge for most as re-enforced armour with a 5+ invulnerable can be very hard to get though. (Dice dependant of course.) However they can melt from combats if you don’t make them fearless.

Warhounds are fragile and I regret taking them in some respects. The firepower and weapon options are quite good but they are the easiest thing in the army to break, frighteningly fragile and that combined with the low activation count to make it painfully easy to lose them. If not outright killed, broken before getting to activate happened often and rallying is always a stressful coin-flip. The size of the AT2018 figure doesn’t help them in this respect at all as the large base and model makes it very easy to gain los of sight a lot of them time.

I’ll be persevering with the list for the time being.

Post subject: Re: Epic UK Codex Titanicus released (AM, Ork, Nid and Eldar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is this the best thread for list questions and feedback?

More queries. Comparing the AT list to the similar and earlier AMTL list, most of the weapon profiles appear to have been a straight copy & paste but there are some differences and weapons that don’t make sense to me.

First is the sunfury plasma annihilator, it’s a strictly worse titan plasma cannon (4x MW 3+ vs 4x MW 2+). The support weapon version in the AMTL list is 3+ but that has a 90cm range. All are slow firing so there’s no difference there but as it stands I can’t see myself taking it as an option. It just pales in comparison to the others.

Is there a reason for the macro gatling blaster? It has the same profile as the reaver’s gatling blaster. Is it just a hangover for the traditional naming convention for the warlord?

Edit:
The Mori quake cannon has 2 different profiles. On the warbringer titan it has 120cm range, 4bp and is macro weapon + slow-firing. As a warlord arm weapon option the range is reduced to 60cm. Compared to the AMTL version it has 1 additional barrage point but should it be 120cm or 60cm range. (Background wise the warbringer has a warlord weapon mounted on the carapace, so they should be the same. Whichever the case, it feels a hard sell compared to a belicosa volcano cannon or any other warlord arm weapons due to the slow-firing rule.

The warmaster looks a hot mess, mostly for the guns. The revelator missiles seem worthless and the suzerain plasma is just the same as the sunfury. For 1500pts it seems a very peculiar choice.

Is there a reason why warhounds have no character options, even when taken as a battle formation pair?