Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next

Armyforge Update (Online EA Force Creator)

Post subject: Re: Armyforge Update (Online EA Force Creator)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo wrote:
I have checked the .json files on the Github and the code does not seem complicated, at least for adding and modifying things.

I think i have read here that people sends you files with the lists to add but i do not know the details or anything else on how it works.

PM me if i can be of any help.

Submissions can be processed using github, collaboration on code is what it's designed for after all. The files to change are in:
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/tree ... /war/lists
Just fork the repo, modify and test your changes and create a pull request. Github has instructions for how to use forks, pull requests, branching etc.

I am not sure who other than kyuss and adam77 can approve pull requests but I am happy to also do this if they want to give me access, all it takes is to check the changes against the official source and build them locally to check they work.

New lists are a lot more work than changing something that exists, but I think there might still be some IG changes that didnt make their way through all the variant lists.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo wrote:
Thanks to both Kyuss and Adam for the effort.

Unfortunately, i come to you with some work about something i do not see what is wrong with it. If i make any list with NetEA Saim-Hann, save the link, and use it again to load the list, i am greeted with an small window on top telling me ''Sorry, there was an error loading the army.'' and redirects me to it with just the name i added on top when i put one on it.
I have tested with different browsers and on both mobile and laptop and got the same. Tried to reduce the URL to the minimum and add different formations and the only thing that gets past is the name we can add for the list.

This has not happened to me with any other list and i see no mention on this thread of it.

I will see if I can have a look myself; in the meantime you should be able to tell which part of the list is at fault by checking the console in Chrome developer tools (or equivalent in other browsers). This assumes you have some programming experience to interpret it though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK I looked at the issue, it is because the loader expects that formation IDs are >= 500 and everything else is an upgrade. All the formation IDs for this list are < 500 so it tries to load them as upgrades. You would only find this issue with the list when loading, as the constraint on formation IDs doesnt exist anywhere else.

You can fix it for yourself by fixing all the formation IDs (a bit of a pain as you have to change all references to them in upgradeConstraints and formationConstraints). Though I will submit a PR to improve the code to not make this assumption. You can check my version out locally if you want:
https://github.com/andyjenkinson/snapfi ... mation-ids

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Kyrt wrote:
Submissions can be processed using github, collaboration on code is what it's designed for after all. The files to change are in:
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/tree ... /war/lists
Just fork the repo, modify and test your changes and create a pull request. Github has instructions for how to use forks, pull requests, branching etc.

Ok, thank you, i will check around. I am more familiar with leeching from Github than at working with it but seems doable.

Kyrt wrote:
OK I looked at the issue, it is because the loader expects that formation IDs are >= 500 and everything else is an upgrade. All the formation IDs for this list are < 500 so it tries to load them as upgrades. You would only find this issue with the list when loading, as the constraint on formation IDs doesnt exist anywhere else.

You can fix it for yourself by fixing all the formation IDs (a bit of a pain as you have to change all references to them in upgradeConstraints and formationConstraints). Though I will submit a PR to improve the code to not make this assumption. You can check my version out locally if you want:
https://github.com/andyjenkinson/snapfi ... mation-ids

Thanks.

::) I gave up too easily thinking it could be anywhere in the code, not only on the list's. After i read this i found it in less than a minute, and noticed also other things about how it works.

I will see what i can do about doing it myself. I suppose that i will need to use new IDs but as from what i see by checking other lists they do not need to be unique to Saim-Hann so at least i won't need to investigate on the others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains has kindly merged the pull request already so this is now be fixed in the live version:
https://adam77.github.io/snapfire/war/c ... ~15x1~10x9

Thanks for the report. Please feel free to contribute updates to track any list changes or fixes you come across.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

NetEA Steel legion fails to open for me. Blind guess would be that data JSON is not a JSON. I'm not a JS guy. Please check.
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/pull/221

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a different kind of question. Is there documentation for the different types of formation constraint when writing an army list? I know about forEach, perPoints, perArmy, and maxPercent. Are there other types?

In particular, can you check for the presence of formation X and then allow any number of formation Y? Beyond some weird hacking around by setting forEach very high.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

No docs I'm afraid. You can try deciphering this...
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/blob ... rmyList.js

Armyforge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Adam.

Looks like I'll have to do a bodge job with forEach to do an 'unlocks X unit' effect.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just spotted the Epic UK Black Templars list has the Land Raider formation costing 0 points rather than the expected 350 for UK marine lists.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Can anyone help me figure out whom to contact/how to add a play test list for custodes please. I would like to add them in!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

castro wrote:
Can anyone help me figure out whom to contact/how to add a play test list for custodes please. I would like to add them in!

The lists are submitted via github pull requests. But for experimental lists that change frequently it would get tiresome to approve so they tend to be stable lists. You can check out your own copy and just do it locally though:
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/blob ... HOW-TO.txt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

castro wrote:

Also I'd see what you can glean from the 30k custodes list as well
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/blob ... todes.json

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
castro wrote:

Also I'd see what you can glean from the 30k custodes list as well
https://github.com/adam77/snapfire/blob ... todes.json

Bwhahahahaha - but I already did ;D

I used 90% of what the 30k list contained, transferred it to 40K and added some stuff.

But thank you for the link that will help me IMMENSELY :spin

Here is my stuff:

https://tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/vie ... 86&t=34671

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the NetEA builder, for the AdMech Explorator list, the Scorpius Disintigrator unit, is not letting you add any extras to the unit. It starts with 5, and it must think that already meets the cap of "Add up to three Skorpius Disintegrators to a formation". Im relatively new here, didnt know where to drop this info. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next