Login |  Register |  FAQ

Thunderhawk Gunships how they work for

Post subject: Re: Thunderhawk Gunships how they work for
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deb wrote:
From here Thunderhawk (no.2) can then fly off performing a ground attack against a target, possibly the enemy I just finished defeating, hitting them with BM and possibly destroying through BM and killing units off from failed saves, or a new target that I fly over.

It sounds like the others have mostly sorted your question out but I think you're misunderstanding this bit. If Thunderhawk 2 deploys by planetfall then it can activate later that turn, but only as an immobile ground unit, so it could with sustained fire say. It can't do a ground attack the same turn it planetfalls. In the end phase it can either remain as a ground unit on into next turn or fly off and disengage.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Thunderhawk Gunships how they work for
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I find this FAQ topic one of the most over complicated. IMO it wasn’t intentional to allow consolidation into a different aircraft that itself had already disembarked troops that turn, and pretty much hinges only on a single “the”, which makes sense in the context of the FAQ question and is perhaps given more weight than it deserves. But it’s what’s written I suppose.

Personally I think it would have been simpler just to errata it in the disengagement section as “if a war engine transport both disembarks and embarks troops in the same turn then it may not disengage”. Since the ability to do air assaults twice in a row is the power that it was intended to curtail.

Profile Send private message