Login |  Register |  FAQ

Welcome to the New SUB-AC for the Fir Iolarion Titan Clan.

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the New SUB-AC for the Fir Iolarion Titan Cla
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

awesome news and congrats to you fudd

Looking forward to getting the play test on next week for you

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A big congratulations Fudd! I am happy to help out and can do some Batreps as required.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Congratulationa mate! Good luck with the list!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:27 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

looking forward to what you can do with this list.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

good on ya!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you Greg,

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm certainly looking forward to having this list change for the better. Looking forward to getting some games in with all these titans I've had sitting around for 12 months.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:14 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Good onya Fudd!
Australia represents.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great, this list could be fab but is currently stupidly overpowered, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

StevekCole wrote:
Great, this list could be fab but is currently stupidly overpowered, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Care to elaborate on that?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tim_nz wrote:
StevekCole wrote:

Sure, in a nutshell, too many cheap activations and Revenants are far too strong. The caveat is that this is based on maybe 3-4 games we played with them (every single one of which was one by titan legion).

325 points is way to cheap for a single revenant, I have some doubts about whether they're really viable as a unit at all but I can see why you would use them so 375 would seem to be the least you should pay. Furthermore, I'd actually add a rule saying you cannot have more single revenants than revenant packs to limit spamming.

Then there's the sonic lances disrupt and ignore cover maybe but lance as well, with 4bp! Too much. I see the need for the army to have a barrage attack to take down infantry (which the warlock/phantom load outs address well) but this also makes them incredible against tanks (to the extent that a single revenant is pretty likely to cripple a tank co with this). These need looking at again. Put it this way, you can take a phantom with double tremor cannons (8bp lance, disrupt, IC) which is amazing, in fact almost certainly OP but you never would as for 150 less points you can get 2 single revenants with virtually the same firepower (just 15 cm less range but you move 10cm faster)!

Multiple units with holofields is also a really tricky one, there needs to be a lot of play testing to work out how hard these are to take down as usually you never see more than one set per army. With power/void fields they still have clear weaknessed (close assault or simply strip them with cheap fire before a tk) that doesn't really work with holofields where crossfires are your best options (but very hard if someone has 2-3 scouts and half a dozen revenants)

Activations, for my mind a titan army should comprise of titans and have highly limited activations (which are compensated for by crazy firepower). Imitating the Epic UK list and mandating the number of larger titans which are required would be a good step. At the moment this list is basically how many revenants can you spam.

There's also too many infantry and scout options which allow you to field armies with 10+ activations. These include 10 stand infantry units with 5bp and indirect fire for only 200 points. Personally, I'd lose scouts and infantry from the list but allow war walkers (seems more thematic). The army could be fantastic to play with and against if it focused on a rolling assault from 2-3 large titans supported by revenants, aircraft and war walkers. As it currently stands it's a list without any real flaws, good number of activations, great shooting, good in assaults, fast, mobile, good aa etc.

What, for me, would be good was if rather than folk taking say 7 revenants + 3-4 rangers/guardians they were taking a warlock, a phantom, a revenant pack and then some scouts aircraft/single revenant. That's a really strong army but at least has some major weaknesses.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

StevekCole wrote:
Tim_nz wrote:
StevekCole wrote:

Sure, in a nutshell, too many cheap activations and Revenants are far too strong. The caveat is that this is based on maybe 3-4 games we played with them (every single one of which was one by titan legion).

325 points is way to cheap for a single revenant, I have some doubts about whether they're really viable as a unit at all but I can see why you would use them so 375 would seem to be the least you should pay. Furthermore, I'd actually add a rule saying you cannot have more single revenants than revenant packs to limit spamming.

Then there's the sonic lances disrupt and ignore cover maybe but lance as well, with 4bp! Too much. I see the need for the army to have a barrage attack to take down infantry (which the warlock/phantom load outs address well) but this also makes them incredible against tanks (to the extent that a single revenant is pretty likely to cripple a tank co with this). These need looking at again. Put it this way, you can take a phantom with double tremor cannons (8bp lance, disrupt, IC) which is amazing, in fact almost certainly OP but you never would as for 150 less points you can get 2 single revenants with virtually the same firepower (just 15 cm less range but you move 10cm faster)!

Multiple units with holofields is also a really tricky one, there needs to be a lot of play testing to work out how hard these are to take down as usually you never see more than one set per army. With power/void fields they still have clear weaknessed (close assault or simply strip them with cheap fire before a tk) that doesn't really work with holofields where crossfires are your best options (but very hard if someone has 2-3 scouts and half a dozen revenants)

Activations, for my mind a titan army should comprise of titans and have highly limited activations (which are compensated for by crazy firepower). Imitating the Epic UK list and mandating the number of larger titans which are required would be a good step. At the moment this list is basically how many revenants can you spam.

There's also too many infantry and scout options which allow you to field armies with 10+ activations. These include 10 stand infantry units with 5bp and indirect fire for only 200 points. Personally, I'd lose scouts and infantry from the list but allow war walkers (seems more thematic). The army could be fantastic to play with and against if it focused on a rolling assault from 2-3 large titans supported by revenants, aircraft and war walkers. As it currently stands it's a list without any real flaws, good number of activations, great shooting, good in assaults, fast, mobile, good aa etc.

What, for me, would be good was if rather than folk taking say 7 revenants + 3-4 rangers/guardians they were taking a warlock, a phantom, a revenant pack and then some scouts aircraft/single revenant. That's a really strong army but at least has some major weaknesses.

Hey mate, you'll be pleased to know that the new list will look nothing like the old list and pretty well all of your concerns have already been looked at / addressed. i'm looking forward to submitting my first draft to Greg in the coming days for approval before it's posted and hopefully i'll get some test games this coming weekend.

Thanks again for the support guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Splendid