Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next

Biel-Tan Craftworld v4.2

Post subject: Re: Biel-Tan Craftworld v4.2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see some movement :)

You might want to check the Iyanden characters again. Now the Spiritseer is the Supreme Commander not the Wraithseer.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't know the game well enough for rules suggestions, but on the general editing front:

Is there a reason to have the Warp Hunter and Lynx capitalised on the reference sheet? It looks out of place. To be extra picky, the Howling Banshee's 'infiltrate' seems oddly spaced out.

Again in the reference sheet- is there a reason why the Titan Pulsar on the Phantom has very different stats to the Titan Pulsar of the Warlock? If the stats are going to be different the names should be too.

On with the list:
The Aspect Warrior Warhost states that it is 4 units strong- I'm pretty sure this should be 8. Also for the Aspects, it should be stated that 2 Exarchs can be taken for +25pts each. This may not be clear to any newbies, especially as many other things are costed as groups (such as the Guardian's '+4 Wave serpents for 200pts').

With the Guardians, it should also be made clear that swapping Guardians for Heavy Weapon Platforms is free (you can never have too much clarity). It's also not clear what you mean by 'Guardians, Heavy weapon platforms and Farseers only' for the Wave Serpent upgrade. I know the intention is that the upgrade can only be taken if those are the only other models in the formation, but If I came across this list with no prior knowledge I'd just be confused by that.
Out of curiosity, why can't Wraithguard be taken in Wave serpents in this list? Is it honestly too powerful, or just to help distinguish them from the Iyanden list?

That all that's popped out at me so far, hope it's more useful than annoying :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks good.
Is it intentional that the Cobra firing the BP version of its weapon doesn't have TK?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for all the work that's going on behind the scenes updating this!

Two minor typos that I noticed:

Cobra: "The Cobra D- Cannon ignores Imperial Void Shields and Power Fields." (I assume the reference to "Imperial" shields is accidental).

Void Spinners: "Add up to two of Void Spinners for..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PFE100 wrote:
uvenlord wrote:
Nice to see some movement :)

You might want to check the Iyanden characters again. Now the Spiritseer is the Supreme Commander not the Wraithseer.

Np, yes fixed in the next update.
You actually removed all the other lists by doing the new pdf. I like the idea of not having to look in the Biel Tan list for stats but I dislike the idea of having another year of uncertainty... You stated before what changes you had in plan, perhaps you could do that in the appropriate threads of each army so we can test the ideas together?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think the Cobra is actually a bit overpowered at the moment and would be more sensible to test at TK4+ (D3+1).

4+ would still get more hits than it used to:
Against 3DC targets the old 2bp version scored 0.17 hits when singling or 0.3 hits when doubling.
Versus 6DC targets the old 2bp version scored 0.5 hits when singling or 0.25 hits when doubling.
TK4+ gets 0.5 hits when singling or 0.3 hits when doubling.
TK3+ gets 0.67 hits when singling or 0.5 hits when doubling.
That's too big an improvement for the unit and 4+ would be safer to test.

Yes, I know Epic-UK gave their version of the Cobra TK3+ (D6). However your new version is more powerful in ignoring shields and having MW for it's barrage (Epic-UK dropped theirs to just a regular barrage which goes too far IMO) and so having the lower to hit would balance it in comparison.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree this is going to be hard to balance - without using the Barrage vs titan mechanic which I particularly liked, the tendency will be to make the Cobra too powerfull against small DC War engines, and too weak against Battle titans. Is there no way to retain this mechanic as a TK weapon using the IC and IS abilities?

I still think the biggest hurdle for the Cobra is its limited range, which imposes tactical constraints on how it is used. This in turn begs the question, just what are we trying to do here? Is this still intended to fill the "Titan killer" niche role?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't know that the Cobra needs to be better at killing large WE than small ones, it's not something the 40k Cobra has. If you want to kill large WE just take multiple of them, like IG players would with Shadowswords.

I didn't think the Cobra having it's TK be a bp weapon was a good idea. One advantage of it not being is that it scales better - previously 3 Cobras was oddly no more effective at killing a titan than 2 Cobras.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next