Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Craftworld Mymeara (Eldar Tank List)

Post subject: Re: Craftworld Mymeara (Eldar Tank List)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Quote:
and both lists should make the choice of transport or other upgrades.

Have done that now. I did leave it off because I couldn't actually see any sensible situation where someone would actually take Wraithlords & Wave Serpents... it's like adding Dreadnoughts to Space Marine formations that have Rhinos - you just wouldn't take the upgrades in that combination I think.

How did that "drop units at the start of the game"-discussion resolve? A formation of 2 Wraithguard, 4 guardians and 4 Wave Serpents can be a bit scary. (or 3 guardians, 1 farseer probably)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
How did that "drop units at the start of the game"-discussion resolve?

NetEA ERC said - It's permitted.
EUK Committee said - We're banning it.
FR-ERC said - Uh, bof?

Quote:
A formation of 2 Wraithguard, 4 guardians and 4 Wave Serpents can be a bit scary. (or 3 guardians, 1 farseer probably)

If you were going to drop 4 Guardian units in order to achieve that formation composition, I'd let you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Guardians have always had an either / or choice of transport or other upgrades, so you could not buy both Wave Serpents and WraithGuards. The question of 'dropping' units at the start was to use a Vampire to transport such a force.

On War Walkers, the main issue is really down to tactics. For example, have them double out of a gate to shoot something, and they suddenly have a surprising range (70cm) and firepower (12x dice). Do that as the last activation of the 1st turn against IG and sustain in the 2nd turn, and they can seriously upset a tank company or other armour. Obviously their main weakness is being LV and their abysmal armour save - so lurking in ruins or woods is a must.

They are obviously worth more than Rangers so I am not keen on 125 for 4, hence my two alternatives. At 150 for 4 they are a higher price to offset the increased activation count, and the only reason for suggesting 100 for 3x is their appauling fragility, they should probably be 125 for 3x with the upgrade as +75 for 3x.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok I'll bow to your experience and go with 3's @ your suggested costs for initial testing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I finally have time for reading this new Eldar armylist.

I've read your feeling about the Yme-Loc armylist, so I understand some options chosen (no Avatar, more expensive Aspect Warriors, ...).

About the Swords of Vaul warhost, the number of Firestorms shouldn't be limited ? Formations of 6 of them would be atrociously effective in AA while keeping a great AP firepower.

Why 2 Wraithgates ? To compensate the unavaibility of the Storm Serpent ?

For the Warp Hunter, I find its firefight capacity too powerful : FF 4+ MA ?!
I can't not compare it with the Land Speeder. Ok the D-cannon is bigger than a Multimelta, but the mobility of the cannon is not the same. Even mounted on an agile Eldar antigrav, the D-cannon is a big hull mounted weapon.

Is seems obvious, but is the extra attack of a Shadow Spectre Exarch CC or FF ?

And make more clear that an Exarch character must be place in an Aspect Warriors unit.

Why "Fixed forward arc" for the Revenant Sonic Lance additionnal titan weapon ? The Eldar titans are supposed to be swift and have no real arc of fire. Isn't it a copy/paste from the Lynx weapon ?

Hornet 2xAT3+ ? ... It looks like a mosquito armed with sledgehammer ! But eh, that's the lovely world of W40K ...
Even if the Forgeworld miniature is shown with pulse lasers, others plastic Eldar weapons are provided in the Hornet kit. So why not armed the Hornet with twin Scatter Laser ?
I don't mind if the 6mm Hornet is armed with Pulse Laser, it won't stop me to get some ! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Guess I'll have to break radio silence to answer these. :)

Flogus wrote:
About the Swords of Vaul warhost, the number of Firestorms shouldn't be limited ? Formations of 6 of them would be atrociously effective in AA while keeping a great AP firepower.

Yup. That's part of the compensation for the large raft of missing unit types & strategies - giving the Eldar a good AP biased tank (It's a tank list).

Quote:
Why 2 Wraithgates ? To compensate the unavaibility of the Storm Serpent ?

In part, yes.
Also it's because Mymeara have a notable tendency to use Wraithgates.

Quote:
For the Warp Hunter, I find its firefight capacity too powerful : FF 4+ MA ?!
I can't not compare it with the Land Speeder. Ok the D-cannon is bigger than a Multimelta, but the mobility of the cannon is not the same. Even mounted on an agile Eldar antigrav, the D-cannon is a big hull mounted weapon.

It has a wacky-powerful special rule in 40k that makes it much better at short range than other D-Cannon armed units, so that justifies to MW status.

In Epic, what we have is a short ranged vehicle that's also capable of a good firefight output. You need another formation to be the primary engaging formation due to the weak armour and low numbers, but it makes for an interesting firefight support formation/unit.

Quote:
Is seems obvious, but is the extra attack of a Shadow Spectre Exarch CC or FF ?

Should be FF.

Quote:
And make more clear that an Exarch character must be place in an Aspect Warriors unit.

Technically you're correct. :)

Quote:
Why "Fixed forward arc" for the Revenant Sonic Lance additionnal titan weapon ? The Eldar titans are supposed to be swift and have no real arc of fire. Isn't it a copy/paste from the Lynx weapon ?

copy/paste error. Should be unrestricted for the Revenant, and restricted for the Lynx.

Quote:
Hornet 2xAT3+ ? ... It looks like a mosquito armed with sledgehammer ! But eh, that's the lovely world of W40K ...
Even if the Forgeworld miniature is shown with pulse lasers, others plastic Eldar weapons are provided in the Hornet kit. So why not armed the Hornet with twin Scatter Laser ?
I don't mind if the 6mm Hornet is armed with Pulse Laser, it won't stop me to get some ! :)

I compare to a Falcon:

Falcon
Type AV
Speed 35cm
Armour 5+
CC 6+
FF4+
1x Scatter Laser AP5+ / AT5+
Pulse Laser 2x AT4+
skimmer

Hornet
Type LV (A lot worse than Falcon)
Speed 40cm (+5cm better than Falcon)
Armour 4+ (due to LV status, worse than Falcon)
CC6+
FF6+ (worse than Falcon)
Twin Pulse Laser 2x AT3+ (About the same as a Falcon - see below)
Scouts (better than Falcon)
Skimmer

Falcons are 50pts each, and Hornets are 58pts each.

In total, a Falcon generates about the same amount of AT hits as a Hornet:

Falcon Sustaining : 1.83 hits
Falcon Advancing : 1.33 hits
Falcon Doubling : 0.83 hits

Hornet Sustaining : 1.66 hits
Hornet Advancing : 1.33 hits
Hornet Doubling : 1 hit

The Falcon also has the option of Firefighting (4+ is not bad, 6+ is bad), and laying the odd AP hit.
LV status makes the Hornet much easier to kill.

So all that's really better is +5cm speed, and Scout status. I rather suspect that people are looking at the 3+ to-hit rating and panicking. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

what role is the lynx meant to fill ? for a 15 cm main gun reduction it picks up a sonic lance basically with the same range as the main gun. has 1 less DC and is faster than the scorpion by 10cm which gives it nearly the same effective move and shoot range. So why would you ever take the scorpion with this option open to you ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Scorpion is overpriced and needs an upgrade to be worthwhile in *any* list not just this one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Any reason the unit stats don't show up in the file? I'd love to see what you've done with the new units and weapons. Of course I could refer to the IA11 thread, but I can't be sure they're what you've chosen...

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The new units are on the last page.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:35 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

And the file I downloaded has a bunch of blank boxes there. I can see where things should go If I highlight the page, but it's just blank.

edit - It might be on my end. In any case I've been able to reconstruct things from the wreckage that came out of a cut and paste.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Downloaded onto a few different computers - I'd say the issue's yours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next