Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

AMTL

Post subject: AMTL
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I figured a company-sized infantry formation (and additional giant transport vehicle) would be better suited to that list.
you just made me weep tears of joy.  :D

seems alot of the stuff i campaigned for has got in, time to get playtesting :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great News

Now can we cram the Ordiantus in there too?

Also any hint of a seperate Knights list?

Biff

Never heard of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK. Hope you are right.

dafrca

Come fight me, if you dare...... http://dd-janks.mybrute.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:36 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I'd still like to see separate lists for:

1) AMTL
2) Tech Guard w/ Ordinatii
3)  Knights

But I probably sound like a broken record by this point...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (nealhunt @ 13 2005 July,19:36)

1) AMTL
3) ?Knights

I would prefer to see one list that combines all three, but if they have to be separate, then those three sound good to me, too.

And, no, you don't sound like a broken record. You're simply repeating yourself for emphasis!  :laugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, that just blows. I really enjoy the using the CI, ecspecially since the speed would be increasing. Off to buy some more Chimeras I guess.

I can see Nealhunt doing a sacrificial dance of destruction over a buring CI model in his basement. sigh.

Mat :O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Also Dysartes, when can we expect to see a updated version. I am going to the field for a month (again) and was wondering if I would be able to play a game using the new list before I go?

Mat:O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:46 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote (Mat @ 13 2005 July,20:56)
I can see Nealhunt doing a sacrificial dance of destruction over a buring CI model in his basement. sigh.

Whoa.  That's a bit unfair.  I really like the CI and think it has a definite place (a few places, actually) in EA.  I just happen to think that place is not in a Titan Legion.

I can also guarantee that if I had a CI model, I would most definitely NOT be sacrificing it.  :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think there is a place in the ATML for it, but only as a 0-1 option. I cannot see every Joe driving around with his company inside a CI.

Now a Tech Guard army, there will of course be a bit more. I was quite sad, as I had just finished painting it a couple weeks back. Now it will be relegated to a objective marker on the board.

Again I type sigh. :(

Mat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This whole CI thing hits at one of the basic problems the list has had from day one. Jervis said to me he wanted it to be a "generic" list that covered Titan Legions, that included Tech Guard and Knights as well as Titans. Yet the fan base has had a real problem with that. If it is not the three separate lists it is somehow not right.

There is a group that fought hard to drive out things that would allow this list to be a good generic coverage list. Did it hurt them to have a CI or Rapier Laser Destroyers for example? Why not let the list have a ?taste? of each so that we know they have been at least give some official status?

That is sad for me because I am not 100% confident that there will be all three lists and that minis will make it out for PDF magazine only list releases. We cling to a comment from Jervis that ?someday? there ?might? be a separate Knight or Tech Guard list. OK, let?s think about that. We know he has given us a three to five year lay out of lists to be done. Do we see them on that list? So now we are talking about either a quick article style list for the PDF magazine or a list not scheduled for release for at least five to six years away.

More I read the threads, the more I realize some would rather wait six to seven years for the CI to make it back into the ?official? lists. Fine, that just gives me another reason to make the shift over to Net Epic because I have zero confidence if I wait that will happen.

Just one man's opinions...

dafrca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (nealhunt @ 13 2005 July,11:36)

1) AMTL
3) ?Knights

No, not a broken record. You are just voicing the opinions of a few others as well. I would Love to see the three lists. I just do not believe that they will be done in any kind of timely manor.

Either way, I will accept what ever the new Champ does as it is his responsibility to do what is best for both the list and for EpicA.

dafrca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I emails jervis a while back and he said yes a knight world and tech guard list were possible and I could do them if I wanted to (depending on others interest of course) - once the AMTL list had sorted them out.

More recently he seemed to agree the Tech Guard had settled down and if I wanted to submit a plan for a tech guard army I could and he'd look at it, past it to dystartes etc. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get my notes together, stick an outline up here, see what people think then consider proceding.

Tech Guard incidentally are emminantly doable as the models are out there, however some are out of production. Forge world picks up some slack however and ideas from the AMTL list (preatorian conversions etc) should be able to transfere easily.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool, I like hearing that we should see another adeptus list sometime, thats great news. I always hoped the bountiful posts and larg number of people working on the AMTLs list would get Jervis atention that alot could be done with them instead of trying to squash it all in the one list we knew we were going to get.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (The_Real_Chris @ 13 2005 July,21:19)
I emails jervis a while back and he said yes a knight world and tech guard list were possible and I could do them if I wanted to (depending on others interest of course) - once the AMTL list had sorted them out.

More recently he seemed to agree the Tech Guard had settled down and if I wanted to submit a plan for a tech guard army I could and he'd look at it, past it to dystartes etc. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get my notes together, stick an outline up here, see what people think then consider proceding.

Tech Guard incidentally are emminantly doable as the models are out there, however some are out of production. Forge world picks up some slack however and ideas from the AMTL list (preatorian conversions etc) should be able to transfere easily.

TRC, I hope that your faith is rewarded. I really do.  :)

And in this case, if my worry proves to be a false worry, I will celebrate my being wrong by buying a couple more CIs.  :;):

dafrca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And they are going for a pretty penny too. I had seen one on eBay for about $56.00US.

Mat :O

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next