Login |  Register |  FAQ

Skitarii Battle Reports for Approved Status

Post subject: Skitarii Battle Reports for Approved Status
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:45 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey Folks,

I'd like to start putting the core Skitarii list forward for approval here soon. Right now I'm planning to put out a new version of the list with the updates to the demi-century. I've increased the Secutor upgrade to 150 points and removed leader from the Secutor stands which still feels good on the table and doesn't make the upgrade an instant buy on all your demi-centuries.

In the coming months I'll be putting together 6 reports myself using this version and I'd like your help to push us over and get the skitarii list finished so we can begin work on the Cataphractii list and Skitarii Defense module. To that end, I'm putting up this thread for all battle reports using the Skitarii list.

Thanks!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Skitarii Battle Reports for Approved Status
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:15 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

3,000 points
Skitarii 2.04+ vs. Scarab Conflict Necron (TP site)

Skitarii list:

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [500]
5 Secutor units, 5 Hypaspist units, Magos Character

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [525]
5 Secutor units, 5 Hypaspist units, Minorus with Corvus Assault Pod

SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [300]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Rapier Laser Destroyer Unit

CRUSADER SCOUT MANIPLE [150]
4 Crusader Robots

4 Crusader Robots

COLOSSUS ASSAULT MANIPLE [250]
4 Colossus Robots

4 Colossus Robots

AVENGER SQUADRON [225]
2 Avenger Strike Fighters

ORDINATUS MINORUS [350]
2 Ordinatus Minorus, 2 Gatling Blaster

Army Shot:

Necron List:
TOMB COMPLEX [75]

C`TAN [300]
Nightbringer

INFANTRY PHALANX [325]
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors, Immortals, Pariahs

INFANTRY PHALANX [325]
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors, Immortals, Pariahs

INFANTRY PHALANX [225]
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors

EQUES MANIPLE [350]
6 Destroyers

EQUES MANIPLE [350]
6 Heavy Destroyers

MONOLITH PHALANX [275]
3 Monoliths

MONOLITH PHALANX [275]
3 Monoliths

PYLON [200]

ARMORED PHALANX [300]
6 Obelisks

Army Shot:

Table, including partially complete forests :) :

Game Summary:
Skitarii garrisoned the low building on their half the table with Sagitarii and robots nearby. The second Sagitarii formation garrisoned the second objective near the stand of trees. Crons garrisoned the the Tomb Complex. Skitarii deployed the rest of the forces spread out around the blitz. Turn one Teleport consisted of the pylon popping in on the hill across from the bunkered Sagitarii. Not a lot happened other than a few skirmishes and breaking the pylon.

Turn two saw a bloody battle between the Sagitarii, colossus, teleporting Obelisks and monoliths that resulted in heavy losses for the Skitarii. The monoliths managed to get wiped out by my Minorus who were in turn wiped out by heavy destroyers. The avengers stood down.

Turn three again was another round of bloody battles. Crons teleported in the Nightbringer and a monolith formation near the Skitarii blitz. My remaining colossus broke an obelisk formation wich retreated toward nearby heavy destoryers waiting to phase out in the end turn. The Secutors in the minorus assaulted Cron heavy Destroyers intermingled with obelisks wiping both formations out. The crons attempted to assault through the monoliths near my blitz but got caught by my Magos Secutor formation's overwatch and were decimated. The resulting assault wiped out the Cron warriors. Crons retained and assaulted with the nightbringer. After supporting fire and the roll off the Nightbringer reduced the skitarii Magos formation to a single stand. However, the secutors did manage to whittle the Nightbringer down to a single DC. It was promptly broken by the Avengers.

We checked victory conditions but neither side had enough to win so we moved to turn 4. Both sides were starting to run low on formations that could do much. Skitarii won the SR and activated the transported Secutors who doubled over to the enemy blitz, weathered the fire from the guarding warriors and did their best to break the blitz guard. Skitarii retained and broke the pylon. Crons activated their remaining destroyers and popped over to claim crossfire on the offending Secutors. After the dice were rolled only the minorus remained and beat a hasty retreat to hide behind some ruins. Even that wasn't quite enough and the crons retained with the lone monolith popping up and just barely getting in range to BM the minorus to death and claim BTS.

Near my blitz a broken Crusader formation desperately fought and managed to knock the last DC off the nightbringer even as they got pasted. My last Sagitarii formation moved off their building and tried to shift the remaining warrior phalanx on my side leaving me two BM from breaking the crons. A last ditch strafing run on a cron warrior phalanx attempted to secure TSNP but as usual the Avenger piffed their run scoring a single hit that was immediately saved. To add insult, the warriors then regouped and jumped back to nearly full strength. That ended both our options to win on objectives.

The game didn't go to turn five so we started counting up our VP. Total score 1900 to 1888 points, Crons win a somewhat hollow victory.

Thoughts:
That was probably one of the bloodiest games I've played. Secutors were tough but at 150 points they seemed about right for what they brought even without the leader ability. Avengers again underperformed. I've yet to see them do anything worth 225 points and might like to see them dropped to 200 points. I'd also like to award the Cron pylon the "sir, not appearing in this game" award for firing all of one shot the entire game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:50 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

3,000 points
Skitarii 2.04+ vs. Scarab Conflict Necron (TP site)

I didn't set up a full camera rig for this one, so I apologize for the poor photos. This is the second game for appoval using the latest playtest changes for Skitarii.

Skitarii List:

Demi-century + Secutor upgrade + Transport Upgrade + Magos upgrade (BTS)
Sagitarii Demi-century + Rapiers
Sagitarii Demi-century + Rapiers
Crusader
Crusader
Colossus
Colossus
Cataphractii (vanq, not VMB)
Avenger Squadron
Warhound (PBG TLD)

Necron List:

INFANTRY PHALANX [325]
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors, Pariahs, Immortals

INFANTRY PHALANX [325]
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors, Pariahs, Immortals

INFANTRY PHALANX [225]
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors

EQUES MANIPLE [350]
6 Destroyers

EQUES MANIPLE [350]
6 Heavy Destroyers

MONOLITH MANIPLE [275]
2 Obelisk, 2 Monolith

MONOLITH MANIPLE [275]
2 Obelisk, 2 Monolith

MONOLITH MANIPLE [250]
3 Obelisk, Monolith

MONOLITH MANIPLE [250]
3 Obelisk, Monolith

TOMB COMPLEX [75]

C`TAN [300]
Nightbringer

Objectives Placed

Deployment before teleports
T1:
Teleport: Single monolith 01
Cron win strategy activate warrior phalanx and assault garrisoned Sagitarii.
Sagitarii fire overwatch killing 2 warrior stands
Crons win the assault by 1, both formations break.
Crusader 1 doubles to provide scout screen to Sagitarii
Demi-century doubles and shoots monolith formation. Kills 2 obelisks. Formation breaks
Warhound doubles and kills monolith formation.
Colossus 1 moves forward and shoots warrior phalanx killing one and removing one from BM. Warrior Phalanx reduced to 2 units.
Cataphractii triple forward
Crusader 2 triple forward to T&H objective
Colossus 2 doubles in front of Sagitarii 2.
Sagitarii 2 by blitz goes on overwatch.
*Forgot to activate the avenger squadron allowing the broken warrior phalanx to phase out.

End Phase:
Phalanx phases out and rallies, gains one stand
Sagitarii fail to rally.

T1 End

T2 Start (after teleports)

T2:
Teleport: Monolith 01, Monolith 02, Nightbringer (no bm)

Admech wins strategy roll.
Activates warhound in anticipation of assault, Sustains with TLD and... all hits are saved.
Retains with Colossus 2, doubles and shoots Nightbringer placing a BM.
Crons activate Destroyers, engage warhound and manage 2 DC after supporting fire for a loss of 2 destroyers. Crons win assault, warhound withdraws across table. Crons consolidate through portal.
AdMech activates Crusader 02 to engage Monolith 02. One obelisk is killed and the crusaders are wiped out. (forgot everything cron was skimmer)
Cron activate Monolith 01, move up and shoot Colossus 2, placing a BM.
AdMech activates Demi-century, advances and shoots Destroyers, killing 2 and breaking the formation.
Crons activate Heavy Destroyers and advances through Tomb complex portal and kills 3 chimedons.
Conrs retain with nightbringer and assault the Demi-century through remaining portals. Loss of 1 chimedon and 1 hypaspist. Supporting fire kills 1 Secutor with bad saves. Demi-century does 2DC on nightbringer. Assault resolution tied, assault goes on to round 2. Nightbringer makes no hits, and dies from the last FF shot of a secutor. (we were in a hurry and forgot that all the monolith 01 portals were used earlier and the assault was done by then)
AdMech activates Avengers and strafe Destroyers. One dies from BM and the remaining two fail saves. BTS to AdMech
Crons Activate Warriors by Tomb complex. Double and shoot Demi-century killing one stand.
Admech activates Cataphractii, advances and shoots heavy destroyers killing three and breaking the formation
AdMech activates Crusaders 01, doubles and shoots broken Heavy Destroyers killing one with BM.
AdMech activates Colossus 01 and sustains on monolith 01. All hits are saved.
AdMech activates Sagitarii 02 and puts them back on overwatch.

End Phase:
Heavy Destroyers phase out
All Cron and AdMech formations rally.

T2 End

T3 Start (after teleports)

T3:
Teleport: Single Monolith 02 (no bm)

AdMech wins roll, but lets Crons go first.
Crons Activate Single Monolith 02 and shoots Demi-century, killing 3 Chimedons and breaking the formation. Demi-century withdraws behind buildings by objective.
AdMech activates Warhound. Advances and shoots Single Monolith 02 killing two obelisks. Formation breaks and moves closer to broken Demi-century.
Crons fail to activate Warriors by tomb complex, gains 1bm and moves into the ruins.
AdMech fails to activate Sagitarii 01. Regroups removing all BM.
Crons Activate Monolith 02, sustain and pop up shooting Demi-century, for one kill.
AdMech activates Crusader 01, moves to Blitz and shoots monolith 02 breaking formation but killing nothing.
Crons activate Heavy Destroyers, advance and shoot Crusader 01 killing two.
AdMech actviate Colossus 02, shoot at Monolith 01 putting a BM and killing one obelisk. Formation breaks.
Crons activate Warriors and assault Colossus 02, wiping out the formation for no losses.
AdMech activates Avengers, attack warriors and kill 2 stands.
Crons activate Warriors and shoot at broken Demi-century killing one unit.
AdMech fails to activate colossus 01. The shoot at broken Monolith 01. Does nothing.
AdMech fails to activate Sagitarii 02. They regroup and remove BM.
AdMech activates Cataphractii, advances and shoot heavy destroyers wiping them out.
Crons phase out, all formations rally.

AdMech holds Blitz and BTS. Game called for AdMech 2-0

Game End

Thoughts:
The massive demi-century actually performed worse than I expected despite the huge amounts of firepower it had. I'd like to do another round or two with it to make sure but it didn't seem OP or UP. I can't say I felt anything seemed out of order or seemed suspect. The win was mostly due to crons not killing off the crusaders on their blitz and having the bad fortune of the monolith formation phasing out and leaving the objective in my hands giving me the extra point to win.

Crons though is still something my friend is working through to figure out how to build a good army for it. We purposefully removed the pylon this game because the thing literally broke every turn the first game and he felt it best just to risk no AA than to waste points on a formation that broke so easily and then didn't even perform the intended function.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:50 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Don't know how I missed these. Some interesting battles! The Necrons take a bit of getting use to for both the player and their opponent. Haven't seen may lists that use destroyers that much, many Necron players feel they aren't worth the points costed at 350. I've found the non-heavy version to be more useful since warriors can rip apart most AV units in an assault. 2xAP 4+ is great for prepping/breaking larger assault focused infantry formations (jetbikes, Guard, marines) then being there for support when the warriors go in for the assault.

Pylons tend to be kinda situational, bad against lists with good range (Guard, AM, Squats) good against assault/air heavy lists. (marines, Orks). They are really all about placement and threat more than actual killing power. Good to sit on a blitz objective and make your oppontent fear for their aircraft. I find that opponents dedicate a lot of points into killing/breaking them and pay less attention to the monoliths and warriors which is where the real power of the list is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Battle report......

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=32023

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Battle report..

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=32212

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:18 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Finally had a minute to write this up.

3,000 points
Skitarii 2.05 vs. Codex Marines

Marine army:
STRIKE CRUISER [200] 

LANDING CRAFT [350] 
1 Landing Craft

DEVASTATOR [300] 
4 Devastators, Drop Pods, Librarian

DEVASTATOR [300] 
4 Devastators, Drop Pods, Librarian

DEVASTATOR [300] 
4 Devastators, Chaplain

TACTICAL [375] 
6 Tacticals, Supreme Commander

LAND RAIDER [325] 
4 Land Raiders

PREDATOR [250] 
4 Annihilator

PREDATOR [250] 
4 Annihilator

THUNDERBOLT SQUADRON [175] 
2 Thunderbolt Fighters

2 Thunderbolt Fighters

Skitarii Army:
SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [350] 
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units, Magos Character

SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [475] 
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Rapier Laser Destroyer Unit, Minorus with Laser Blaster

SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [450] 
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Rapier Laser Destroyer Unit, Minorus with Gatling Blaster

4 Colossus Robots

4 Colossus Robots

4 Crusader Robots

4 Crusader Robots

CATAPHRACTI SUPPORT [350] 
2 Macharius, Macharius Command Tank (vanquisher)

2 Macharius, Macharius Command Tank (VMB)

AVENGER SQUADRON [225] 

We decided to try a bit different list for us and went with a marine drop list. The thought was it could be a cool match and a different tactical challenge for the Skitarii. What actually happened was our best attempt to recreate the dropsite massacre on Istvaan V.

Marines won the roll off and picked sides. We ended with a cluster of objectives forming a triangle anchored by my blitz. I garrisoned a Crusader and Colossus detachment on the center objective. With the Strike Cruiser slated to arrive turn two, turn 1 was rather uneventful:

Marines won and forced me to go first.
Skitarii activate top Crusaders and double toward the T&H objective.
Marines activate pred 01 and move up behind the trees near their objective.
Skitarii activates top Macharius and triples to the crusaders.
Marines activate Thunderbolts and strafe crusaders killing two.
Skitarii activate the top colossus and double forward to provide support
Marines retain and activate secont Thunderbolts and strafe the Macharius for one BM.
Skitarii activates the avengers to intercept the Thunderbolts and actually manages to kill one.
Marines move up pred 02 behind the trees with pred 01.
Marines are now out of activations.

Skitarii doubles the top sagitarii to provide additional AA.
Center Crusaders move into the trees in anticipation of orbital bombardment.
Center Colossus stay on overwatch.
Demi-century thinks about moving and then decides to stay put and weather the possible bombardment.
Bottom Macharius double and manage to catch two of the preds out of cover and turn them into scrap.
Bottom Sagitarii move up to support.

End Phase:
Marine Thunderbolts fly off table but take some fire though no hits are scored.
No skitarii units rally
Pred 02 rallies

Turn 2 Start:
Marines win the roll off and Skitarii to go first.
Skitarii activates bottom Macharius and sustain on Pred 02. Bad rolls and good saves mean only one dies.
Pred 02 breaks and retreats behind the hill.
Marines activate the Strike Cruiser.
Orbital bombardment clips Demi-century killing three stands.
Drop pods land near my blitz and Deathwinds add a BM.
I activate Overwatch and plink the devs closest to my blitz killing a Droppod and one stand.
Landing craft planetfalls behind the droppods and disembarks Land Raiders, Tactical, and Dev 03.
Marines retain and assault Demi-century.
First round is a tie, and the second ends with the Demi-century being wiped out but the Dev's break.
Skitarii activate the top Sagitarii and fire on the tactical detachment killing 4 stands and breaking the unit which flees toward my blitz.
Marines activate the land raiders and swing up behind the hill to shoot the top minorus, killing it.
Skitarii activates colossus and shoots the middle Devastator unit killing the drop pod and two stands.
The devs break.
Marines activate the landing craft and shoot at the middle colossus causing a BM.
Skitarii activates Crusaders and assault the Devs in base contact with the Landing craft and claim intermingled.
Crusaders flub rolls, assault is a tie and goes into round two. Crusaders flub rolls again and get wiped out but manage to do enough damage to break the Devs.
Skitarii retains with lower Sagitarii who back up and shoot the Landing craft doing two DC and breaking it.

At this point we called the game as there was no viable way for the marines to win.

Game thoughts:
This was just extremely bad luck for the Marines. Their drop site ended up being squarely in the middle of the skitarii forces with clear lines of fire to them and nothing to capitalize on with the planetfall. Talking with the other player afterwards, we both agreed that it probably would have been better to spread out the drop pods and air assault the landing craft rather than planetfall.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Vaaish,

Links to my games for the approval…

1) Biel-Tan Craftworld (v4.2) and Skitarii 2.05
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/b ... world.html

2) Biel-Tan Craftworld (v4.2) and Skitarii 2.05 take 2
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/b ... tarii.html

3) Steel Legion (NetEA Army Compendium v2014) Vs Gryphonne IV Skitarii Legion (NetEA v2.05)
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/s ... ndium.html

4) Skitarii 2.05 Vs Knights
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/s ... ights.html

5) SKITARII 2.05 Vs Legio Gryphonicus (NetEA v3.24 *APPROVED*)
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/s ... netea.html

6) Gryphonne IV Skitarii Legion (NetEA v2.05) Vs Red Corsairs (3.5 - Approved)
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/g ... -v205.html

7) Gryphonne IV Skitarii Legion (NetEA v2.05)Vs Scions of Iron (NetEA Tournament Pack 2016)
http://pfe100.blogspot.com.au/2018/02/g ... netea.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:41 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Skitarii vs Knight World
Knight World (NetEA v2.2.2 *APPROVED*)
==================================================
KNIGHT HOUSEHOLD [500]
Baron, 3 Knight Paladin
KNIGHT HOUSEHOLD [415]
4 Knight Paladin, Seneschal
KNIGHT HOUSEHOLD [455]
4 Knight Errant, Seneschal
LANCER HOUSEHOLD [415]
Seneschal, 4 Knight Lancer
LANCER HOUSEHOLD [415]
4 Knight Lancer, Seneschal
CUSTODIAN HOUSEHOLD [400]
Knight Castellan, 2 Knight Crusader, Seneschal
AA GUN BATTERY [125]
3 AA Guns, 3 Gun Transporters
AA GUN BATTERY [125]
3 AA Guns, 3 Gun Transporters
2 Thunderbolt Fighters

Gryphonne IV Skitarii Legion (NetEA v2.04 *EXPERIMENTAL*)
==================================================

2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units, Magos Character, Minorus with Support Missile

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [250]
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [250]
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units

ORDINATUS MINORUS [375]
2 Ordinatus Minorus, Gatling Blaster, Laser Blaster

ORDINATUS MINORUS [375]
2 Ordinatus Minorus, Gatling Blaster, Laser Blaster

4 Crusader Robots

4 Colossus Robots

4 Colossus Robots

PRAETORIAN SERVITOR MANIPLE [375]
5 Praetorian Combat Servitor units, Minorus with Corvus Assault Pod

ORBITAL SUPPORT [200]
One Ark Mechanicus Battleship

Turn 1
KW – Lancers advance and shoot skitarii on overwatch
KW - retain and march lancers into cover
Skitarii – Spaceship comes on for pin points on Baron for no DC
KW – Errants double forward
Skitarii – Skitarii march towards the AA guns
KW – Paladins advance and shoot skitarii on overwatch
Skitarii – BTS skitarii on overwatch
KW – fail to activate Baron formation move and take blast
Skitarii march robots into forrest
KW – Double Castalans and shoot robots
Skitarii – Patorians double
KW- AA guns sustain on skitarii for nothing
Skitarii – Fail to activate centre skitarii and regroup
KW – Bring on Tbolts and shoot skitarii for a blast
Skitarii double Minorus and shoot paladins for a blast
Skitarii – Marshal Collossus robots
Skitarii – Place Minorus on overwatch
Everything Rallies

Turn 2
KW – Paladins Advance and shoot skitarii for 2 kills
KW – Lancers retain and sustain on minorus taking down 2 shields
Skitarii Overwatch colossus
Skitarii – retain and marshal Minorus and shoot lancers
KW – Castalans double and shoot robots
Skitarii – Skitarii single and shoot AA guns
KW – Errants move and shoot skitarii
Skitarii – Collossus double forward
KW – AA guns sustain on skitarii
Skitarii – Marshal robots
KW – Baron formation doubles and shoots Minours
Skitarii – Patorians double forward
KW – Fail to activate Lancers and shoot skitarii

Turn 3
KW – Lancers engage patorians in minorus, lancers lose and are wiped out
KW – retain and single paladins and break praetorians
Skitarii – Minorus double and shoot baron formation
Skitarii – retain and engage baron formation with skitarii breaking the baron formation
KW – Errants double and shoot crusader robots
Skitarii – Marshal crusader robots
KW – single castalans and wipe out colossus robots
Skitarii – fail to activate skitarii and put blast on paladin
KW – AA guns sustain on skitarii
Skitarii – Double Collossus and shoot AA guns
KW – Tbolts wipe out crusader robots
Skitarii – Minorus on overwatch
KW – Lances single and shoot skitarii

Turn 4
Skitarii Sustain support missile on lancers and palandins for a few blasts
KW – Baron Shot Minorus of a blast
Skitarii – double centre skitarii shoot paladins
Skitarii retain and double colossus for crossfire
KW – Errants move and shoot patorians breaking them
KW – Lancers retain and engage colossus wiping them out
Skitarii – fail to activate skitarii and regroup
KW- Paladins engage skitarii breaking them
Skitarii – Minorus double to contest obejective
KW – Castalans double and shoot minorus
Skitarii Marshal minorus
KW – Tbolts wipe out broken skitarii

Knight World win on points I think they were around 800 points up

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33160

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33156

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33153

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33149

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33146

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33141

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

3,000 points
Skitarii 2.05 vs. Knightworld (TP site)

Skitarii:
Magos Character, 2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units, Minorus with Support Missile (barrage)
PRAETORIAN SERVITOR MANIPLE [375] 
5 Praetorian Combat Servitor units, Minorus with Corvus Assault Pod
4 Colossus Robots
4 Colossus Robots
4 Crusader Robots
AVENGER SQUADRON [225] 
REAVER TITAN [625] 
Plasma Cannon, Gatling Blaster, Apocalypse Missile Launcher

Knightworld
KNIGHT HOUSEHOLD [500]
Baron, 3 Knight Paladin
KNIGHT HOUSEHOLD [415]
4 Knight Paladin, Seneschal
KNIGHT HOUSEHOLD [455]
4 Knight Errant, Seneschal
LANCER HOUSEHOLD [415]
Seneschal, 4 Knight Lancer
LANCER HOUSEHOLD [415]
4 Knight Lancer, Seneschal
CUSTODIAN HOUSEHOLD [400]
Knight Castellan, 2 Knight Crusader, Seneschal
AA GUN BATTERY [125]
3 AA Guns, Emplacements
AA GUN BATTERY [125]
3 AA Guns, Emplacements
2 Thunderbolt Fighters

Skitarii won the roll for deployment and chose long edges of the table. After objective placement, Knightworld garrisoned the blitz and the objective in the forest.

Turn One:
Skitarii won Initiative and set the Demi-century on Overwatch
Knights move Paladins up toward the center T&H objective
Skitarii set the Avengers to CAP
Knights advanced the Lancers to the ruins
Skitarii advanced the Crusaders on the top DTF objective.
Knights moved the Baron formation into the woods
Skitarii doubled the center Sagitarii
Knights advanced the Errants into the woods.
Skitarii doubled the center colossus
Knights stall and put the AA on overwatch again
Skitarii double lower sagitarii into the ruins
Knights stall and put second AA on overwatch again
Skitarii advance the Praetorians between the sagitarii
Knights set T-bolts on cap
Skitarii move lower colossus to block Lancers
Knights activate upper Lancers and move slightly forward and pepper the center Sagitarii killing 2 units.
Skitarii finally activate Reaver moving forward and unloading on the paladins killing one.
Knights activate Custodians and pepper the Reaver dropping three shields.

End Turn:
All formations rally.

Turn 2:
Skitarii win Initiative
Skitarii activate Reaver which advances and targets the center paladins, killing one and breaking the formation which retreats to the Knight Blitz
Knights activate Lancers advancing them further into the ruins and stripping shields from Reaver
Skitarii activate the Crusaders and set them on Overwatch
Knights fail to activate the lower AA and gets a BM but gives one to the Reaver.
Skitarii advance the center Sagitarii toward the center DTF.
Knights put Tbolts on CAP
Skitarii double the lower colossus and place a BM on the Lancers
Knights activate upper AA and put them on overwatch
Skitarii put Avengers on CAP
Knights activate Upper Lancers and shoot the Reaver which strips the remaining shield. Reaver breaks toward the hill.
Skitarii advance the lower Sagitarii toward center of board
Knights activate Baron and sustain on the Reaver
Knights retain with the Errants who move to the edge of the woods but are only partially in range of the Reaver, but combined fire from the Baron and Errants still reduce the Reaver to 2DC
Skitarii activate the Praetorians and double forward to screen the Reaver from assault.
Knights activate Custodians leaving the Reaver with a single DC.
Skitarii activate the demi-century and put them back on overwatch.
Skitarii activate the Colossus and advance past the centerline and give the Errants a BM for their trouble.
Skitarii activate the demi-century and put them back on overwatch.

End turn:
All skitarii formations rally, all Knight formations fail to rally.

Turn 3:
Skitaii win Initiative
Skitarii Activate Reaver and Marshal. Three shields raised and two BM removed. Fire at the Errants causing 1 DC
Skitarii Retain with Praetorians and engage the Errants. Praetorians win combat and wipe out the Errants but lose the minorus.
Knights activate the upper lancer and advance, firing on the Reaver and stripping three shields
Skitarii activate the Crusaders putting them back on overwatch
Knights activate the Custodians, double and fire on the Reaver destroying the titan and gaining BTS.
Skitarii Sustain on the Custodians with the Colossus and cause 1DC?
Knights activate the lower Lancers and move back toward the Praetorians and shoot at them for 1 bm.
Skitarii activate lower colossus and move up targeting the Lancers for a BM.
Knights Activate the baron and move into the ruins.
Skitarii activate the upper Sagitarii and target the Custodians doing 3dc and breaking the formation.
Custodians retreat behind the hill toward the crusaders.
Knights activate the Thunderbolts and strafe the Praetorians killing one and breaking the formation
Skitarii sustain with the demi-century and fire the barrage missile at the broken knight formation by the knight’s blitz objective destroying it and two AA guns.
Skitarii activate the lower Sagitarii and fire at the lower AA guns killing one.
Skitarii Avengers stand down.

End Turn:
All formations rally except for the upper AA guns and the Praetorians.

Turn 4:
Knights use the scheneshal to activate the baron and lancer to attack both the lower Sagitarii and broken Praetorians. The Lancers take 3dc damage, wipe out the praetorians and assault resolution reduces the Sagitarii to 2 rapiers.

We called the game since my only hope of winning was to kill his BTS and I just didn’t have enough firepower to pull it off.

Knights win with BTS and DTF to Skitarii’s DTF

Thoughts - Skitarii:
This was a very weird game for me. I took a very slow, mostly unmounted Skitarii force to see how it would go using the Reaver as support. Objective placement almost split my two objectives to the far sides of the map but there was JUST enough space to get things in. However, no cover at all on the first DTF objective and the second being way outside the main area meant my intention to garrison the sagitarii wasn't viable and I had to march them up which kept them from being used as buffers against knight engagements. I had generally abysmal rolls on the Reaver for armor saves (it failed 3 RA saves in one turn) so it ended up getting killed off much earlier than I anticipated which left me on the defensive. Had my opponent played knights more aggressively I think the results would have been quite different.

Thoughts - Knights:
Objective placement favored Knights but the Knights failed to fully capitalize on their advantage due to cautious play. Even so, although Skitarii still managed to kill more points worth of models, low mobility coupled with the necessity to guard backfield objectives in order to deny knights easy points meant Skitarii were unable shut down the Knight’s objective game once the Reaver, Praetorians, and Sagitarii were neutralized in the center.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

3,000 points
Skitarii 2.05 vs. Scarab Conflict Necrons (TP site)

Skitarii:
SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [425]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Gun Servitor Unit, Minorus with Gatling Blaster
SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [425]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Gun Servitor Unit, Minorus with Gatling Blaster
SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [500]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Rapier Laser Destroyer Unit, Minorus with Plasma Destructor
SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [500]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Rapier Laser Destroyer Unit, Minorus with Plasma Destructor
4 Crusader Robots
4 Crusader Robots
4 Colossus Robots
4 Colossus Robots
Macharius Command Tank (vulcan), 2 Macharius

Necron:
TOMB COMPLEX [75] 
INFANTRY PHALANX [225] 
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors
INFANTRY PHALANX [225] 
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors
INFANTRY PHALANX [225] 
Necron Lord, 6 Warriors
EQUES MANIPLE [350] 
6 Destroyers
EQUES MANIPLE [350] 
6 Heavy Destroyers
MONOLITH PHALANX [375] 
3 Monoliths, 2 Obelisk
MONOLITH PHALANX [375] 
3 Monoliths, 2 Obelisk
WARBARQUE [300] 
WARBARQUE [300] 
PYLON [200] 

Game Start:

T1 - Skitarii Initiative
Sagitarii 1 activates and doubles toward table center cron obj. Shoot warbarque 1 for 1 dc.
Skitarii retain and put macharius on overwatch
Pylon activates and shoots Sagitarii 1 minorus for 3 hits and 1 dc.
Sagitarii 2 activate and doubles to table center
Cron activate destroyers and double to north obj. Colossus 1 activate overwatch and do no damage. Destroyers return favor. BM's for everyone.
Crusader 2 moves up toward Eastern Cron objective.
Warbarque 1 Fails to activate, breaks and moves toward crusader 1
Macharius overwatch activates and shoots Warbarque 1 for 1 dc.
Colossus 2 fails to activate, moves up.
Warrior 1 fails to activate and regroups
Sagitarii 4 activates and doubles toward south objective
Warrior 2 activates and assauts crusader 1 from portal wiping out the formation for no losses. Retreats through second warbarque portal.

End: All rally except broken Warbarque 1.
Turn 1 End:

T2 - Crons win initiative. Teleports: Monolith 1 and 2
Turn 2 Start:

Cron fail to activate warrior 3
Sagitarii 1 fails to activate, retreats from the impending assaults.
Pylon targets Sagitarii 1, missies.
Macharius single and fire on monolith 2, giving them it a BM.
Skitarii Retains with Sagitarii 2, targets Monolith 1, kills 2 obelisks (basically saved all of the plasma hits)
Warbarque 2 singles and fires on Sagitarii 1 Minorus, destroying it.
Crons retain with Destroyers and double to Cron blitz.
Sagitarii 4 singles and shoots Monolith 1, destroying the formation
Fails to retain with colossus 1 and holds. They shot broken WB for no damage.
Warrior 2 assaults Colossus 1 destroying the formation for a loss of 2 stands.
Crons attempt to retain with Heavy Destroyers, fail and hold shooting at the Macharius for one BM
Crusader 2 moves into the woods near the south eastern skitarii Take and Hold objective.
Warrior 1 activates and assaults Sagitarii 1, They win by one and the remaining stands of Sagitarii 1 retreats to the skitarii blitz.

End Phase: all rally except Sagitarii 3, Warbarque 1, and Warriors 3.

T3 - Skitarii win initiative.
Turn 3 Start:

Macharius activate and sustain on warbarque 1 and finally put it out of it's misery.
Retain with Sagitarii 2, fail activation and shoot monolith 2. Kill two obelisks and formation breaks.
Heavy Destroyers fail to activate and shoot macharius doing 1 DC.
Sagitarii 3 activates and moves toward monoliths.
Necron activate Warbarque 2 and shoot @ Sagitarii 2 knocking a DC off the minorus.
Necrons retain with Warrior 1, assault Sagitarii 2, lose the assault by three and break with one stand left.
Game called.

End: Game called middle of turn three. Skitarii had BTS, but necrons had no way to take down Sagitarii 2 before the game went to turn 4. Monolith 2 was about to phase out so there was a high probability that it wouldn't rally leaving the necrons with one portal and sagitarii 3-4 were in position to wipe out the remaining portals Turn 4 even if the monoliths rallied.

Game end:

Thoughts:
I think we might have missed a couple of activations on the Skitarii side at the end there, but it wouldn't have changed anything since it was on the far side of the table. The skitarii list was pretty different than what I've tried before and the loss of the SC really was felt this game on both sides. I really felt the slowness of the force here but in some ways it was mitigated by the range on the minorus. Very defensive game for me blunting cron assaults and sacrificing the robots to burn activations.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/view ... 50#p628550
http://taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/view ... 44#p627644

these may be of use in gathering additional tests

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This one's with the old list, getting ready for comparison of changes on next test:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33718

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

V2.1 batrep here:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33777