Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Skitarii 2.04.2 (in development)

Post subject: Re: Skitarii 2.04.1 (in development)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hi all,

question: has anyone managed to use praetorians to get an assault in? i have played them twice and both times they have been blasted before getting into combat. with a minoris transport - can they assault directly from the transport? or do they have to dismount then assault in the next turn?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

they can assaqult out of the transport.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

johnboyire wrote:
hi all,

question: has anyone managed to use praetorians to get an assault in? i have played them twice and both times they have been blasted before getting into combat. with a minoris transport - can they assault directly from the transport? or do they have to dismount then assault in the next turn?

With my praetorians, ive had good days (where they have eaten everything on their plate) and bad days (where they have been a colossal points sink)...

ie;
Good day. about half way down this page on the bat rep - They had a tasty meal of a half dozen fisters vindicators.
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29502

Bad day. Not on the site, but other day had game against gargants where they were broken in opening turn whilst still sitting on my base line having not even activated yet, and they never rallied again. (but since they were one of the only 2 formations of my army to last to the end of the game, I guess its not all that bad - silver lining and all). I was thrashed and smashed six ways from sunday! None of our little group plays orks - and I had no idea what a "gargant" was until I found a big one stomping on my head.... good times.

Main thing I always have to remind myself is if you take the minorus with assault pod as a troop transport for the praetorians, its movement gets upgraded to 25cm instead of the usual 15cm. I forget it all the time. And regardless of their performance, Ive always got them on the field, even if it is only for sentimental fluffy reasons.

My Epic Army threads;
* Ad Mech (Skitarii, Cataphractii, Titan, IG Cadian)
* Marine (Xth Legion Iron Hands) TBA - soon!
* Necron (Scarab Conflict)
Batrep thread;
* Batreps (My armies being slaughtered by whomever & other battles.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Whilst im lurking around the Skitarii forum, another couple Q for you guys.

1. Why do we pay 350 for the 3x Macharius heavy tanks in Ad Mech list, when they are 325 in IG (Krieg) and they (IG) also have the option of purchasing additional Macharius at 75pt each - so 400pt for 4!

2. Can we try having Leman Russ's - ie normal tanks - brought back into the list as an option? even if its included in the cataphractii support points restriction to prevent spamming.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:27 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

1. Because they were 350 points when the Macharius was put in the Skitarii list and I was unaware the price had changed. They work pretty well at 350 in Skitarii though so I'm not sure a change is warranted.

2. Yes and no. The plan is to replace the Macharius with a Cataphractii Support option that lets you select one core or heavy from the Cataphractii list which would let Skitarii field Vanquishers, Executioners, Valdors, Macharius, Baneblades, Stormblade, and Shadowswords. However, that list isn't far enough along for me to be comfortable putting those options in the Skitarii list.

(though, on the subject of Skitarii, I'm fairly happy with the list balance right now and I've been going over the list to start making a push for approval.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cant blame a guy for asking - especially since this list appeared to go quiet for a while once the AMTL was completed. Would have been nice to be able to expand the Macharius or at least add a hydra or something to them - considering at the moment its your only armour option.

I like the idea of the three list eventually complimenting and supporting each other - its a good end goal. Just be a little while yet, but will make them a very unique set and well worth the wait.

I don't understand the different points for same item though - Your the AC and its your list to champion - but also its a forum and we are allowed to question. I thought the whole idea of epic was that if it walked, talked, looked and quaked like a duck - then you paid the same price for the duck - no matter what colour it was. I guess I was wrong. I understand 25pts here and there for balance reasons, but 3 WE for 350 compared to 4 of the same WE for 400 is a noticeable difference.

I know what you mean about the cataphractii list being in need of dev - I had a run of it the other month, and it was not an enjoyable experience - for me or my opponent.
After we got through the first 30min session of the "Cheese choir" singing their opinion of the list, the rest of the game was spent with either me wondering why I had to waste so so so many points on units that were horrendously expensive and that I didn't actually want for so little lead in return (like a titan list... only without titans), whilst my opponent was wondering how so much firepower came out of such little amounts of miniatures. You can have any unit you want.... as long as its just tanks! Don't get me wrong - I like tanks... a lot! but I like to be able to take other stuff with them.

My Epic Army threads;
Batrep thread;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

some extra anti tank would be nice, I find the list suffers v Orc tank hordes. 4 strong macarius would make the unit more survivable or a price drop /match with other lists would give some badly needed extra points to bulk up other units.

not 100% on adding "mainstream" tanks it takes the ad mech flavour and makes it more imperial guard, maybe a compromise would be a third robot option? with some decent ranged anti tank? robots are all the hotness in the books/fluff atm.

just throwing it out there have played a couple of games now, have another one v orcs with infantry/tank hordes and gargant this month,

will be using the list below

42nd Binaric Legion, 3000 POINTS
Gryphonne IV Skitarii Legion (NetEA v2.04 *EXPERIMENTAL*)
==================================================

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY [600]
2 Secutor units, 8 Hypaspist units, Hydra, 10 Chimedons, Magos Character

SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [275]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Gun Servitor Unit

SAGITARII DEMI-CENTURY [500]
5 Sagitarii units, 5 Rapier Laser Destroyer Unit, Minorus with Quake Cannon

ORDINATUS MINORUS [375]
2 Ordinatus Minorus, Gatling Blaster, Laser Blaster

ORDINATUS MAJORUS [550]
1 Ordinatus Majorus, Ordinatus Armageddon (Nova Cannon)

ORBITAL SUPPORT [200]
One Ark Mechanicus Battleship

CATAPHRACTI SUPPORT [350]
2 Macharius, Macharius Command Tank (vanquisher)

CRUSADER SCOUT MANIPLE [150]
4 Crusader Robots

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
I don't understand the different points for same item though - Your the AC and its your list to champion - but also its a forum and we are allowed to question. I thought the whole idea of epic was that if it walked, talked, looked and quaked like a duck - then you paid the same price for the duck - no matter what colour it was. I guess I was wrong. I understand 25pts here and there for balance reasons, but 3 WE for 350 compared to 4 of the same WE for 400 is a noticeable difference.

Sometimes it's still a chicken :) In this case the Macharius is an allied formation in the Skitarii list and dropping the formation to 325 is the difference in being able to take two Macharius formations or three in a 3k game. I feel that's a bit more emphasis on tanks than I'd like so I'm keen to leave the cost at 350 here for the skitarii.

Quote:
After we got through the first 30min session of the "Cheese choir" singing their opinion of the list, the rest of the game was spent with either me wondering why I had to waste so so so many points on units that were horrendously expensive and that I didn't actually want for so little lead in return (like a titan list... only without titans), whilst my opponent was wondering how so much firepower came out of such little amounts of miniatures. You can have any unit you want.... as long as its just tanks! Don't get me wrong - I like tanks... a lot! but I like to be able to take other stuff with them.

hehe... yeah that list is basically at the stage of here's a bunch of cool ideas lets see what happens... WTF....
However, since the Cataphractii are the Admech armor division, the list is basically all tanks. You can still bring in Skitarii Core formations and AMTL titans though which should make for some interesting list combinations.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:53 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

@john: What do you consider decent anti-tank? There's a lot of flexibility with Minorus for anti-tank stuff and a lot of the units you have should be putting out a fair amount of AT.

Also: Any particular reason for the Quake cannon on the rapier Sagitarii instead of a plasma destructor or a cheaper option like a laser blaster?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
@john: What do you consider decent anti-tank? There's a lot of flexibility with Minorus for anti-tank stuff and a lot of the units you have should be putting out a fair amount of AT.

Also: Any particular reason for the Quake cannon on the rapier Sagitarii instead of a plasma destructor or a cheaper option like a laser blaster?

decent anti tank? id say at 4+

the quake cannon? its just to test out tbh, v orc infantry/tanks and to take pot shots at gargants at range

going for a cheaper weapon id probably just add in an extra hydra or something

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hmm. I think there's quite a few options for at least 4+ at without adding another robot. I see the cataphractii support as more flavor and for folks who built collections back when russes and superheavies were part of the base skitarii list. We definitely won't be having regular russes in there at any point though and the formation sizes are much smaller than IG so it shouldn't make the list feel too much like Red Guard :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

sounds good, its a great list roll on game number 3!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
I really like how this list is formatted and presented!

Just noticed the Avenger stats aren't on the reference sheet.

think they are on there somewhere? listed separatley though?

the avengers are a great plane good mix of stats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:09 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yeah, they are listed in the datasheets at the back of the PDF. They were experimental for a while and I haven't had a chance to figure out how to fit them on the reference sheet without pushing it to a third page.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next