Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

[OLD] Knight World 2.0

Post subject: Re: Knight World 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:14 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Weapons can be mixed, if there's nothing stating that you can't do it assume that you can.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
Weapons can be mixed, if there's nothing stating that you can't do it assume that you can.

Sweet! that's cool. Reason I was asking is because I have one of the old tracked wardens with a vanquisher and another with demo. cannon, but only 1 of each. If I can find another demo cannon or tracked one i'll use them as a unit of 3 :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Played my first battle with my knights this evening. 4-0 turn 3 to the knights. Was Vs. Space Marines. Interestingly, using only 3-strong knight units. I'll write up a bat-rep once I've had some sleep and found a bit of time :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:02 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks. I take it the Marines couldn't find many opportunities for crossfire?

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nope. Admittedly, the marine player is still *fairly* new to playing Epic, but he still is competent enough to know the theory and what he is supposed to be doing.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Dave!

Doing my last requiered battle report for the AMTL-list tomorrow. After that i thought i'd focus on the knight list since i really like it and would love to see it become approved this year.

Anything special you want tested?

Did the idea about making lancers have the Scout ability get scrapped or is it srtill a possibility? IMO that would be a really cool thing which could make it okay to do away with both roug riders and sentinels from the list.

Love to help out on this list so don't hesitate to ask me for it!!

cheers!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:15 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Right now my group's testing:

6 strong custodian formations to see if they're too good and should be removed/up-costed
Lancers to see if they're too weak and need bumps/down-costing

Also, when engaging take note of if you would do it with Apoc's suggestion for the shield rule (no shield for hits from support fire). Same goes for the opponent, would they engage with Apoc's suggestion (you'd get the shield when engaged, but wouldn't get it for support fire hits).

We've got 5 games to date, I believe. After 8 I'll probably do an update.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:45 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So I have three battle reports that I've been remiss in posting, I'm hoping to get to those at some point this week. Between these and the others from my group this list has seen eight games here. Has anyone else gotten any in?

Between our after game conversations and combing through this thread this is what I'm thinking for 2.1:

• Typo fixes from here: viewtopic.php?p=512364#p512364

• Try out Glyn/Apoc's Knight Shield suggestion:

Quote:
    Units with a Knight Shield may make a saving throw on a 4+ when they are hit instead of using their armour value. No modifiers ever apply to this saving throw and it is unaffected by macro-weapon, lance and titan killer hits. However, each point of damage from a titan killer hit must be saved separately. If the unit has reinforced armour as well then it is allowed to re-roll a failed save using its armour value unless the hit was a macro-weapon, lance or titan killer. Finally, none of these benefits apply to units in a crossfire or ++to hits from supporting fire++--if they are in an assault where their formation did not carry out an engage action--.

Knight already lose shock/power lances when being engaged, rather than hit them with something else we'd like to try this out.

• Drop the Mole Mortar, add the Rapier:

Code:
    Rapier  INF  10cm  -  6+  5+  Rapier  45cm  AP6+/AT4+  -

• Drop Sentinels, save them for the Knight Crusade list with the Titans.

• Custodian Household - Remove the "Add up to three" option. The formation will always be three strong then. This is from PFE's suggestion and after trying out 6 strong formations in three of our games.

• Lancers - I've got one person in our group who thinks they're overpowered, another who thinks they're all right and three who think they need something. What are people's thoughts here? From most of the posts I get the impression that they're underpowered, and I lean that way as well. I see three options:

- Give them Scout (as per fluff in SM/TL book)
    - Give them a Shock Lance in addition to the Power Lance (as per SM/TL stats)
    - Drop their points

At this point, I'm leaning towards giving them the first two and adjusting points later if needed.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes to dropping Sentinels!

Yes to limiting the Custdian Households. But how about keeping the option of buyng 1 extra just for flexibility?

Yes to giving the Lancers Scout! The other 2 doesn't seem as neccesary to me but I'm not against them.

I will try theese changes when i play the list next time (which should be this week). This will be my No 1 list for doing battle reports now, nice to see an AC working with the community.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I definitely like the idea of giving lancers scout.
But if you give them a shock lance in addition to their power lance, suddenly the Baron seems a little... less worth it than a regular lancer.
I was actually ok with their points, especially if given scout (which is how i've been using them, anyway)

Agree with Mordoten about the custodians, maybe just allow 1 extra? that way you can still have slightly larger units than the standard, but people can't run off to Powergamer land with the quake cannons.

The updated knight shield rules seem good to me, i'll try them out :)

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:56 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Mole mortar – rapier fine, though i'm not sure you really need 2 light arty options the infantry to start with. Inf are not the focus of the list and thudd guns alone would be fine. Thudd guns are also presumably lower tech and easier to maintain in a farm defence context.

Sentinels … makes sense if this is a PDF force and there will be a different crusade force as mentioned.

Custodians – Sounds good. Not sure option to add +1 is really needed (WoU above), but no strong feelings.

Lancers – My feeling is they are a bit under powered, however, i've not used them in a game! Dropping sentinels as scouts and adding it to lancers sounds like a good idea to test out.

Hopefully ill have some gaming time over the summer, not possible at present though.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
[*] Drop the Mole Mortar, add the Rapier:

Code:
Rapier  INF  10cm  -  6+  5+  Rapier  45cm  AP6+/AT4+  -

I'm okay with this, because Infantry Platoon still have an indirect firing option in the Thudd Gun.

Quote:
[*] Drop Sentinels, save them for the Knight Crusade list with the Titans.

No problem. Rough Riders are better fit thematically.

Quote:
[*] Custodian Household - Remove the "Add up to three" option. The formation will always be three strong then. This is from PFE's suggestion and after trying out 6 strong formations in three of our games.

A 6-strong formation is overpowered. However, I also would like to have a +1 option to give the possibility of fielding 4.

Quote:
[*] Lancers - I've got one person in our group who thinks they're overpowered, another who thinks they're all right and three who think they need something. What are people's thoughts here? From most of the posts I get the impression that they're underpowered, and I lean that way as well. I see three options:

- Give them Scout (as per fluff in SM/TL book)
- Give them a Shock Lance in addition to the Power Lance (as per SM/TL stats)
- Drop their points

At this point, I'm leaning towards giving them the first two and adjusting points later if needed.[/list]

Lancers feel underpowered to me. I say give them the first two to match SM/TL fluff. However, if giving them both causes a points increase, then I'd be okay with giving them only Shock Lance to keep them at 300 points.

Post subject: Re: [OLD] Knight World 2.0
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:40 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

2.1 is up:

http://taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/view ... 22&t=27454

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6