Login |  Register |  FAQ

[Lists] Tyranid list comments...

Post subject: [Lists] Tyranid list comments...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:35 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote (Hena @ 02 Nov. 2005 (12:17))
But the point was that eg. Warlord can go over these impassable to WE terrains as long as they are only to knee joint and 2cm wide. So that would mean that warlord would be better than bio-titan, when moving over terrain.

That is why we need the height (leg length) and width 2-4cm perhaps.

Right you are with that observation Hena... but seeing as a couple of other people like the idea I actually bothered checking the Epic40k rules, and found I didn't have it quite right:

Fluff and rule:
'The unique anatomy of the Hierodule and Hierophant bio-titans allows them to clamber over buildings, wade through rivers and trample across forests with ease. This means they may ignore terrain types while moving and can cross dangerous and impassable terrain with no chance of getting stuck.'

From their datasheets:
'Note: Bio-Titans are super mobile and may cross dangerous and impassable terrain with no chance of an adverse effect.'

So why not use that, or to modify my original proposal slightly:

'Due to their multiple legs and tendrils, Hierophants can move unimpeded over any terrain even if it is impassable or dangerous to war engines.'

Note that this rule does not apply to dominatrix's and I don't think it should either. I don't know about hydraphants but I would think probably not if they are based on a dom 'chasis'

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:32 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote (Hena @ 02 Nov. 2005 (20:15))
Btw. What about dropping Raveners save to 5+ and cost to 25? Thus making it slightly less better than rest of the broods. IMHO its too good for a brood creature.

Yes in principle I am in favour of dropping the save and points. Curently they seem like a meat shiled for the gaunst which doesn't seem right. I'm still thinking aobut raveners though.

I agree with your dom stepping over things too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Back on another point that Lord I has raised the Carnies do have too many limbs.  Scything talons and two venom cannons plus legs = 8 limbs.  Also under 40K rules the two venom cannos should be a single twinlinked one (Not that I think any of us care about that).

However what about giving them a venom casnnon and a barb strangler
with the BSs stats as

range 30cm, AP3+ pulse OR AT5+
or
range 30cm, 2xAP3+/AT5+

The first one gives it pulse in memory of when it first came out and how it use to sit on the battlefeild eating anyone who came near.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd vote for one Barbed Strangler and Talons, or two Barbed Stranglers.

The Venom cannon is much more of a Tyrant-typical weapon.

What's pulse again? I'd say AP3+/AT6+ would be fine.

I have to say I think it might be better off being a 15cm range weapon.

After all, a Venom cannon is pretty pathetic with 30cm AP5+/AT6+. Actually, on that subject, is that really appropriate? - a venom cannon is pretty nifty, and I'd say it is nastier than a short-ranged missile launcher...

Lord =I=

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pulse is the eldar weapon  rule that lets you shoot again if you hit, with a maximum of three shots.

As for the Vcannon, true it is nift, nice high strength.  However it has few shots and can't cause penertrating hits on a tank in 40K.  You also see them alot on carnies.  The so called venomfex being a standard variant.

Finally reason for screama killers have FF values because they can have spine banks or grow spore mines :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Na, the Nid list shouldn't borrow special rules from other lists. D3x would do fine if that's the effect you want. Actually, add D3 to the current statline and that's a much more respectable weapon.

Yeah, I know the Carnis can have Venoms, and Hive Tyrants can have Barbed Stranglers, but somehow the Venom "feels" like a Tyrant weapon and the Strangler for the Fex. That may just be me, though.

The long-lost days of 2nd ed are long behind me, but couldn't bio-plasma be fired across the board? That was what I assumed represented the FF... But I think you might as well make it a FF- and be done with it.

Lord =I=

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

aye back in ye good olde days bioplasma was a ranged weapon for the fex.  Also I believe the genestealers could hypnotize opponents from 24" away. I miss the good olde days.  True better minitures nowadays, but back then rules were fun.