Login |  Register |  FAQ

LISTS: The latest army list...

Post subject: LISTS: The latest army list...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am new to this forum, but I am not new to epic having first played it in the Space Marine 1st edition era (before the wheel was invented)

After 2-3 years out from the hobby I want to return, and most of all I want to play Epic, as it is my favorite GW game.

I the past I have used, a mixed Imperial force, Eldar, Chaos and Tyranids.
now I want to help in the development of army lists, firstly the Tyranid army.

However I have learned through incoming magazine that the list is close to being finalized. I have many ideas and thoughts on the current list (v5.40B), I just hope to post all my ideas, and discussion them  forums so that my input can be considered and acted upon if necessary before time runs out.

I apologise if any of my topics have been discussed before.

For starters
a few minor points on the army list

The Expectorator
Please do not use this word in the list, It sounds like hard hitting cough medicine.

Flying Hive Tyrants
A Hive Tyrant with the skimmer rule, surely it should loose the Tyrant guard, who cannot fly? Which also means a different points value increase, if any.

The Lictor
The Lictor should count Cliffs as Difficult terrain, not Impassable, since it can use its Fleshhooks to climb sheer vertical surfaces.

Ravener
The Ravener in the codex has the deep-strike ability, a special rule needs to be added to the raveners in the epic list, Teleport?

Synapse Control & War Engines
The synapse control range of War Engines (Dominatrix) I think should be greater, how about a range equal to the Damage Capacity, multiplied by 5cm. The Dominatrix would then have a synapse range of 40cm.

Vehicle Synapse Creatures?
How about vehicle synapse creature? so that vehicle based swarms could be better used, other wise you would have 20cm move vehicles, around a 15cm move synapse creature.

whotizname

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi WIN,

I think you have some great ideas...

The Playtesting community is still a little quiet since the move and I have high hopes that discussion will pick up again soon. I'm doing my best to be patient while things get back in order.

I recommend that you create separate topics for the coupe of your ideas that are most important to you. Large threads with too many ideas sometimes discourage response. A shorter more focussed post will probably garner more replies and attract more discussion.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have come to the same conclusions, however I get so many ideas and thoughts that I get impatient to share them with others.
The ideas above are about half of what I have written down, keep checking up regularly for more posts.

whotizname