Login |  Register |  FAQ

What are the odds of having an approved list by November?

Post subject: What are the odds of having an approved list by November?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey guys
:nooo

here in Australia we're big fans of NetEA (well, all ~30 of us that play in Melbourne, anyway) and our good man Dobbsy who participates in these forums will soon run the third (or is it fourth!?) edition of Heavy Bolter.
Three of us who have Tyranid armies are being kept from playing them because there is no Nid list approved by the NetEA community, nor is one in the 2012 tourney pack.

"Madness, I said. Of course there's a Tyranid list. Why wouldn't there be? Whatcha smoking, dude? That's crazy talk...."

Turns out, there actually isn't.

As any of you who have ever painted a Nid horde knows, they're a right pain the butt. Having finished them and unable to use them in an official form, we're pretty peeved with this.
Not a BAD sort of peeved, more of a "really....wow that bites" sort of peeved. The friendly, disappointed "I'll use Eldar/Marines/Chaos" instead sort of peeved. But still peeved an entire high profile 4ok race is wiped from the playable universe because we can't get a list approved.

So we can drag on our Epic related drunken discussions evermore, what's the reason/history/rationale - if any - that this is so?
Why is there no approved list? I'd expected there was ONE approved list no one liked and lots of experimental lists that aimed to offer different outlooks on it, perhaps, but no list at all I don't understand....

Anyone have some advice to offer on this?
With much respect and a little friendly peeveness
Steven
:wah

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: What are the odds of having an approved list by November
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Consider using the E-UK Tyranid list, which does seem to work reasonably well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually I don't mind at all which list we use.
What I DID plan on doing was getting some responses to this thread and then forwarding it to the both our beloved TO and my fellow Epic gamers as a source of info/explanations/views on what we should do about this debacle.
Heck, responses by the list designers themselves saying they'll get a list over the line before November would be the ULTIMATE result.

Because when you've painted over 50 bases of Nids and you're told there's no list for them approved by NetEA you do have to wonder what's going on....

I understand re-writing/offering experimental lists, but there being no list in the tourney pack I can't get my head around (and didn't actually believe it til I was sent a copy) when even the Dark Eldar are in it....and they're nowhere as cool as the Nids NOR is there an official GW line for them (hides as DE players prepare to make me their s** slave....)
:{[]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Seeing the NetEA 'nid list finished under its current direction of travel is... Unlikely.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the full army list compendium, there are two Tyranid lists. Why do not you give them a spin if you have armies for them. I believe the primary reason for not being sanctioned is that it is a new take with less than a year of testing. Having played Tyranids (Onachus) quite a lot, I am rather confident that the list as a whole is not over-powered. My advice would be to test a list (the one you like the most), have a talk with Dobbsy and see if he can "OK" Tyranids based on your own findings.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:13 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Punkskum, the more battle reports I get the quicker it's going to get finished. That's the best I can offer. Onachus is getting plenty of games in my group but I need a bigger pool before it can move up.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nha man, I'm not having a go. Hope that's not how it came across, it's just that I found out about this on Monday and said "bullsnot....that's impossible". Until official confirmation came today in the form of the tourney pack...still a bit shocked by the whole affair, that's all.
Had I known (I don't frequent forums much in general if not to tee up games, and lately my obsession has been with 6mm Baccus ACW figures anyway as my Epic armies are for the most part painted and done anyway to 3k) I'd have playtested a lot more with them instead of focusing on playing Eldar.
Inherently (and wrongly) I'd assumed there WAS a Tyranid list and that better/newer/modified lists were being playtested and experimented with. It never even dawned on me there is actually no list approved, even a crappy one...
;D
I have a wargames weekend focusing on 6mm Fire and Fury ACW on the 13/14th. At this point I'll suggest we turn it into an Epic weekend and field a pair of Tyranid armies instead as part of it. I'll see if I get any bites but even if I don't I'll try play more Nids from now on and report findings because I wasn't genuinely aware of this issue - last I wrote on Taccomms was a year ago and I figured it'd all be done and dusted by now.
My bad....

I'm neither expecting nor assuming there will be a list by november....I just found it deeply peculiar there is not an army list approved - as I've written, not even an old/bad one!
;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

More data always helps. The biggest areas that need testing are Harridan spam and Bio-titan spam.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
More data always helps. The biggest areas that need testing are Harridan spam and Bio-titan spam.

I was aware of Harridan spam, but what do you mean with Bio-titan spam. In 3K, you cannot field more than 2.

Or do you mean Bio-titans + Trygons/Harridans?

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think there are many more areas of concern than those two.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:55 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

fredmans wrote:
Dave wrote:

I was aware of Harridan spam, but what do you mean with Bio-titan spam. In 3K, you cannot field more than 2.

Or do you mean Bio-titans + Trygons/Harridans?

/Fredmans

Bio-titan heavy then? Between them, the other WEs and the fex there's a lot of fearless stuff, which is a concern.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17