Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

DOMINION

Post subject: Re: DOMINION
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evening all, I am one half (some would say most attractive half ;)) of the team that authored the rule set for DOMINION.

To help you guys not sure with what to buy I've attached our WIP army lists. These are subject to change (but close to final) and will give you an idea of where we are going.

Army Composition – Agree with your opponent a total Power Value for the Game. Create your army by choosing your Century main and support choices.

A Century comprises of 3 of the same Elite Century - Main stands plus up to 7 further Main or Support stands.

If an army consists of 3 or more Elite Centuries an Elite Command Stand may be taken.

It can be attached to a Century as a support slot or activate on its own. When an Elite Command Stand is taken Elite Command Main and Elite Command Support are available as a further set of options. These are treated in the same manner as Elite Century Main and Support stands with the Command Main forming their own Centuries.

Both Command Main and Support are available as support options for all other Centuries. Unless agreed separately, no more than 4 activations per 100 Power Level per turn may be taken. A Unit’s Power score is indicated by the red button alongside the unit image.

Dominion places two opposing armies against each other in a matched play environment with games of 300 power (12 activations) lasting appox. 2.5 hrs when you have a handle on the rules. coming soon :) the quick play rules will come with a starter take and hold scenario with more to follow.

I have also attached a example of a Century which will contribute one activation. As you can see at 300 Power the game will involve many Centuries and is truly mass battle. I've also included a blank to help get you started

The example Century can be built by purchasing the following sets:

http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/3mm-novan-elites-affray-infantry-century-on-foot-c2/

http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/3mm-novan-elites-chq-and-support-maniples-s1/

This will leave you some spare troops to expand on your next Century

Any questions please ask away, I'll answer what I can.

Cheers

Squiggle

Attachments:
Example List.png
Example List.png [ 81.93 KiB | Viewed 90252 times ]
Company sheets.png
Company sheets.png [ 120.01 KiB | Viewed 90254 times ]
Arm List.png
Arm List.png [ 54.15 KiB | Viewed 90254 times ]

Last edited by SquiggleAmp on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To base the models we use 60x40mm for Main formations and Tanks and 40x40mm for Super Heavy and Support

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Movememt is in cm or inches (I assume cm)?
How do we know how many stands are in formation and how many support stands are taken?

It would also be nice to include some mdf bases or just have them in stock. Easier for people to get them.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

McJakub wrote:
Movememt is in cm or inches (I assume cm)?
How do we know how many stands are in formation and how many support stands are taken?

Hi there yes movement is in cm.

A Century is grouped together so in my example that is one formation. it consists of 3 Main choices and up to 7 support. the Support can come from the Support choices or Main. When you have sufficient Centuries selected you can pick up the Commander. The commander permits you to now use Command Main Maniples to create a Century. these along with Command - Support can also be chosen for your normal centuries when unlocked.

Each selection is one stand

does that answer your question bud?

Last edited by SquiggleAmp on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

McJakub wrote:
It would also be nice to include some mdf bases or just have them in stock. Easier for people to get them.

I think Moredakka is looking into that

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Slightly confused - a Century is made up of 3 centuries? Should that be 3 maniples?

Sent using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apologies, you are correct it is Maniples,

Sorry no they are grouped under the Century - Main grouping

So a Century comprises of three identical choices from the Century - Main group

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Blip I think we've developed an understanding of what we mean but that sometimes doesn't translate to people reading it for the first time.

I've changed them to Maniple Main and support

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I got confused by too many 'centuries'.
So each century (I mean everything on the card you showed, lets call it a formation) is one activation, am I right?

I think that it would be easier to name a whole unit that activates at the same time (with all support options) a formation. Then it wont be confused with stuff it consists of.
As for the commamd, when you have it in your formation you can buy additional support for that formation, is that right?

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

McJakub wrote:
I got confused by too many 'centuries'.
So each century (I mean everything on the card you showed, lets call it a formation) is one activation, am I right?

I think that it would be easier to name a whole unit that activates at the same time (with all support options) a formation. Then it wont be confused with stuff it consists of.
As for the commamd, when you have it in your formation you can buy additional support for that formation, is that right?

Yeah I know :D I've changed it, it is now Maniples - Main and Maniples - Support. so combined you have a Century. Everything on the example card is one activation.

When you have selected 3 Centuries you can then purchase the Commander. once you have the commander you can select from the Command Main and support. The Main choices can be selected to form a Century. they both can be used as support for any century.

For Example:

I start with my Main choices and select 3 Mech Maniples. Power 15

I can then choose my Support (up to 7). Im going to leave three slots for later so i buy 4 Support
Veteran Affray x 2 Power 8
Mauler IFV x 2 to Transport the Vets Power 18
Scorpion AT Power 6

For ease I'm going to duplicate that twice for my three Centuries. this will be Century 1 -3. Total Power so far 141

Now I have 3 Centuries I can purchase a Commander, Power 6.

I now have access to the Command Main
As I like big tanks I'm going to build a Century of Challengers, 3 costs 30 Power.
For these I can add up to 7 Support, not being greedy I'm only going to add 3 more for another 30 Power.

total so far 207 Power.

As I have a Commander I can add Command - Support to any Century and I have some spaces available in my first Centuries.

Century 1 gains 3 Guardian Maniples Power 24.

Century 2 gains A guardian Sniper Maniple and 2 Hailstorms Power 25.

Century 3 gains 3 Guardian Maniples Power 24.

Having 20 Power left of my 300 I'm going to grab 2 more Challengers and add them to the Challenger Century.

we have a 300 Power army with 4 Activations. Now you can increase your activations by using bare bones Centuries but that is capped at 4 per 100 Power

Hope that helps, I am making an army building guide for the rules release so hopefully it won't be as confusing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So the Century I described before I added the command support would look like this, I added a forthe Trojan to a squad to transport the command figures on the stand. This is from the Quick play rules the main lists we are working on for the main rule book are a lot more in depth with upgrades and add ons

Attachments:
0E218CC1-0DE1-4481-85DC-040919321A4F.jpeg
0E218CC1-0DE1-4481-85DC-040919321A4F.jpeg [ 656.71 KiB | Viewed 90211 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another Example force for 120 Power, the commander has been attached to one of the Centuries with the force producing 3 Activations.

Attachments:
Slide9.PNG
Slide9.PNG [ 66.15 KiB | Viewed 90199 times ]
Slide8.PNG
Slide8.PNG [ 71.82 KiB | Viewed 90199 times ]
Slide7.PNG
Slide7.PNG [ 76.73 KiB | Viewed 90199 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is it in mini form, I’m just missing the support weapons from the infantry stand

Attachments:
620E6B6D-D96B-45DE-ABD9-0206C3D11830.jpeg
620E6B6D-D96B-45DE-ABD9-0206C3D11830.jpeg [ 1023.03 KiB | Viewed 90199 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So for a 300-point game (which you're saying is the default size for a good game, right?), using your example list, what sort of buy-in cost are you looking at? Trying to follow the example and interpret it to the troops in each combo package in the store was... confusing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok sorry, not a great example as I've had early access to models so I've built my force differently to what is available. 300 Power is a big bash with a fair few companies. You can get a nice quick game at 120 Power. You can also go basic with 90 Power buy 2 Mech, 1 infantry Core boxes and Support 1. you will have 3 Centuries, 1 Cohort Commander, 2 Forefront Maniples, 1 Siege Affray, 1 Striker Maniple and 2 Scorpion Maniples. That'll be 50 GBP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next