Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Vanguard Miniatures the future

Post subject: Re: Vanguard Miniatures the future
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Distressing News Jon! I'm also saving up for several long planned for purchases. Stygians, Sisters and Horus Heresy stuff, probably more. Money is too tight at the moment I'm afraid but I hope to get this all done over the next 12 months.
If there is stuff not on your site, can we ask you to do a special order?
Do I need to get the DiD stuff now before they disappear?
Will the stuff already designed continue to be produced?
Also would be after some Microworld Orcs and Boar Riders to use as Feral Orks if you can order them in.
Hope things pick up soon. Certainly happy to put a DiD order in asap if that will help.
Best wishes and keep doing your excellent stuff if you can.
Andrew

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Solitaire, hi no need to panic sir i'm not going anywhere or binning any models all the products I have will be retained in stock and anything currently under production will end up in store once ready. The main change will be that i'm focusing more on infantry sets from now on with vehicles being released at a much reduced pace but I assure you that they will not be abandoned just slowed.

I'm considering offering a microworld bespoke customer order set up, this would involve me posting news as to when i'm going to make a restock order from microworld and allow customers do make orders via email to me at that time which would be added to my own order and imported by me as part of my restock. This would allow customers to order in items i'm not currently holding in store and have me pay the import VAT for them but with the caviet that you will have to wait for your order a lot longer than normal.

Cheers John

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Working as a broker on overseas items is a smart idea.

Executed on my skinnerz earlier than anticipated.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes jimmy so I see many thanks for the order, many new skinnerz troops coming or planned in the future plus updates on a few sets to.

cheers

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stormwind wrote:
I have been hovering off a £100 purchase of Skinnerz for months. I apologise but I never got around to getting my group into Epic - perhaps when I move up north later this year I can really justify that and get others into it!

Hi, whilst such an order would be most welcome i'm not looking to pressure customers to buy here but just posting my thoughts on the current situation and how i'm going to push forward.

There does seem little point in buying an army if you have no one to play against lets hope when you move you find some like minded players to play against.

Cheers

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you have noone to play against, just make two armies and invole your friends ;)

I am really looking forward new infantey sets. Their 3D renders look great and I am waiting when they will hit your store.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

McJakub wrote:
If you have noone to play against, just make two armies and invole your friends ;)

I am really looking forward new infantey sets. Their 3D renders look great and I am waiting when they will hit your store.

The plastic sprues make great cheap starter forces there ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's a sad news indeed. Personally I have nothing against good lookin' proxies. That's why I have supported the last DiD crowdfunding campaign, made few orders from VGM (I know it wasn't much but money are tight these days) and I'm looking forward to at least two of your not yet released designs: CC Novan heavy elites (for my Deathwing company) and that Fellblade proxy. Other minis like Mauler (Spartan, Prometheus and Crusader variants), Trojan IFV, Scorpion and Gladiator are on my 'to buy' list but I have to figure out what my army need in the first place.
BTW You really should do a proper proxy for SM bikes and attack bikes. I hate those quads.

Regarding plastic sprues: I always wanted to have nice IG army but, I'm sorry to say that, those plastics are just horrible. IFVs are joke and the troops looks so flimsy. I really doubt that they will survive transport and playing. I'll wait for nice metal Cadians proxies.

From death comes hope, from desolation comes new beginnings, from the stars comes DEATHWING

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The heavy elites close combat set are currently at the casters and the SHT proxies will be done sometime this year and I do have more guard type infantry planned.

Like to do outriders for sure.

As for the plastic's well that's up to customer choice take em or leave em.

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

brother_bethor wrote:
Regarding plastic sprues: I always wanted to have nice IG army but, I'm sorry to say that, those plastics are just horrible. IFVs are joke and the troops looks so flimsy. I really doubt that they will survive transport and playing. I'll wait for nice metal Cadians proxies.

Honest opinions make me sad. :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To be honest myself the original designs and concept for the plastic models were way better than what the manufacturer provided as a finished product so from my perspective the failing on these is not ben's but the factory in china's inability to deliver on their contract.

We ended up with a lesser product than we all payed to fund. I personally put 3k into the project in the hopes of sharing in the profits from sales so consider myself well out of pocket, but then if you don't take a chance on such things and back projects you don't get any results.

Rememer it was this project that put TMG under and it's only after selling the range of metals off to me and starting from scratch that ben is now bringing us new models again with TMG's revival.

We all consider this a hard lesson well learned and will be in a better position next time if there is a next time to pursue such a project again.

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well said John on the plastic sprues, Very costly and an extremely bold move at the time for a small buisness like tmg to attempt, as you say some projects do not reap a return, if they did everybody would be doing it. You pays your money you take your chances. An expensive mistake yes, but a bold move and a lesson has been learnt by yourself and Ben, glass half full and all that ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, losing thousands of both of our personal cash wasn't awesome. Nor were the changes the factory made to the figs (humans thinner, skinners flatter).

I think they're still a good deal for the price though. YMMV. May we could drop the price to £2 for larger orders?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There's something I don't think I've seen anyone say...

The infantry models aren't just "as good" as the old GW plastics - they are BETTER, in part because they are multi pose. The multi pose Skinnerz are fantastic - the gas mask Nova forces are perfect. Vehicles are similar to things that have already had waves of releases from GW since the 80s and can appear on eBay, whereas the infantry is unique and a noticeable improvement on the originals.

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another thought on the plastics is this for the price you are getting two very cheap vehicles which is no bad thing and I have the metal add on's in store so at the very least the vehicles are an alternative cheap start to a new army and you can always bung the infantry in the bits box if you don't want them no big loss we are talking pennies here.

@ Stormwind, well said sir yes the infantry sets are DiD's strong suite and are by far the best sellers this is why i'm going to concentrate future efforts in this area with lots of new little people sets coming out over the course of the year.

We currently have the elites heavies with CC weapons in production, a rework of the skinnerz infantry set almost complete and more skinnerz planned to start soon, the first tainted set is ready to print and a tainted elites first set nears completion. Plus I have many more infantry sets in mind.

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next