Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Eloi Thread.

Post subject: Re: Eloi Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Deb,

The Harpy is currently being prepped for resin casting. I have no exact date on when I will see sample castings but my guess would be with luck perhaps late next month.

The resin casters always send me samples first to access before approving a production run.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful on this but vanguard is just one of many companies that use the same resin casting service so I have to wait my turn. I sent masters to them late November but the current lead time is around 4 months so it should be soon now.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I received late last week production samples of the resin Harpy kit formerly available as a 3D printed model.

A full production run has now been authorised and we should see this one back in stock in around a month maybe less.

Attachments:
P1120813H.jpg
P1120813H.jpg [ 275.62 KiB | Viewed 64876 times ]
P1120808H.jpg
P1120808H.jpg [ 260.14 KiB | Viewed 64876 times ]
P1120811H.jpg
P1120811H.jpg [ 262.08 KiB | Viewed 64876 times ]

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 10:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Re-released this morning.

HARPY IS BACK and now cast in resin.

Find it here, https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/e ... ion-harpy/

Attachments:
P1120954H.jpg
P1120954H.jpg [ 315.5 KiB | Viewed 64268 times ]

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am upset that I may have to reduce my valuable wargaming collectoin once again as my real estate will ijncreasing my rent once more, work has reduced hours due to inflatoin and thus customers ordering less, and computer malfunctions/updates meaning we had 2 day where I as a casual employee did not work wednesday of thurdsay. Even with some commission painting on the side, I am finding it hard to make ends meet. I have to find a way of saving enough for Castle Assault, including 2 nights hotel stay, plus the fuel there and back. I have been extremely drpressed at the terrible thought of selling off most of my Epic wargames armies, most of my remaining 40K collectoin which I sold off 75% of it when I moved 5 years ag, and then the 2 most dear to me valuable collections I own my Jusge Dredd and Doctor Who miniature collection including a very rare Mongoose minis Manta Prowl tank.

I had planned on buying 3 more Phantom titan proxies using one to be modified into a psyker titan, and I needed more of the prism tanks and bases to some how convert for ground based AA tanks. Perhaps when I get things sorted, or maybe never. I feel so annoyed. Mum made me promise never to commit suicide after my 4th attempt, and I promised myself to wait until she died. SOmetime I hate life almost as much as I hate myself.

Maybe thing will pick up once I sold all my most treasured miniatures it took me 40 years to collect.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am really sorry to hear about all your problems Deb, it sounds like you find yourself in most unfortunate circumstances.

I am really at a lose as to what to say that could make you feel any better sorry.

Best wishes regards John

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A couple of quick questions please! :)

I seem to remember seeing some sort of 'striking scorpion'-a-like some time ago. Was that my imagination or have they disappeared from the site?

Also, are there any plans to expand the Eloi range? Just thinking as that 'other game' is now about to arrive, is there more of a space for the alien races?

PS - Not long got my first Eloi through, they are lovely little sculpts and excellent quality cast! I got some 3D prints alongside them which are really quite poor by comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Pacific,

The old close combat figures set has been discontinued yes, plan was to replace both types in that set with new sculpts, the Sirens replaced the power sword figures but we have not got to the chainsword figures yet sorry.

I have aircraft designs but unfortunately no designers to create them, vanguards design team has for mostly real life reason drifted away so I have no one to design for me, this is why new releases have been so lean this year. Finding new designers is difficult because they don't seem to be interested in commission work these days, so realistically I guess you could say vanguard is in decline.

Thank you for your compliments on the sculpts I do try to provide a quality product if at all possible.

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am very sorry to hear that!

I would like to think, with the 'official' Legions Imperialis game arriving, it will prompt a fresh influx of new Epic scale players. Even if you just 10 or 15% of those new players start looking around for alternative miniatures and especially alien sculpts, Vanguard will be well positioned to help with that! So perhaps a larger and growing market soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20