Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Points formula values for Eldar

Post subject: Re: Points formula values for Eldar
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
shelfunit wrote:
MagnusIlluminus wrote:
If the modifier is reduced to *1.25 (half it's current value), single model cost is 657 and Formation cost is 1470. This might be more accurate and more balanced.

As primarily a Space Marine player I would look at this and think "For the cost of 2 revenant titans I can bring 3 land raider companies" and I would expect that 60 lascannon shots would take down at least one of them a turn. Now, I say this having not played for many years, so my memory might not be particularly great and I'm probably missing something fairly big here, but that example match up just seems a bit one sided.

Hi!

I'm sure Magnus can do the math better, but land raiders hit on a 5+, so approximately a 33% chance to hit. However the holofields will block at least half of those shots. .50 x .33= .165 or 16.5% per shot to hit and get through shields. This percentage is further reduced by scatter and finally the armor save. So the per hit chance or taking it out is rather small.

This has actually prompted me to do a test. All those land raiders versus the revenant with standard terrain and see what happens.

I'm willing to bet the revenant can do pretty good given a competent commander.

Primarch

Your math looks to be very good there. You've hit most of the relevant factors. Just to expand a little. (As a note, I'm using a spreadsheet file to do the actual math. I'm good at math, but I'm also lazy...)

I'm assuming here that both sides are on Advance for the first turn, and the Revenant moves first so as to be within 100cm of the Land Raiders, but not within 75cm. Not particularly smart of it, but let's see how it goes.

A Revenant does have an attack out to 100cm, so it's possible that it might destroy a couple of Land Raiders before they are in weapon range. At most, a normal barrage should only be able to hit two Land Raiders. As this weapon has a 0 TSM and a Land Raider has a 2+ save, there are two 1/6 chances to kill targets (approximately a 0.027778 or 2.78% chance). Thus if we are using three Land Raider Companies (30 models) vs one Revenant, statistically speaking there will be 29.16667 Land Raiders when they get into range (75cm).

Assuming all Land Raiders get into range at the same time (unlikely, but possible), we then have 58.333 (29.1667 * 2) shots against the Revenant to resolve. We can expect 19.444 (58.333 *0.333) to roll 5+. Since the Revenant was on Advance orders, it's Holo Field save is 3+, thus only 1/3 of those get through, or 6.48148 of them.

I'm going to assume that all of them are shooting at the Front arc and targeting the central Leg location as it is the safest shot since it has the most adjacent hit locations. Each scatter die has a 1/3 chance of scattering and thus a 2/3 chance of hitting the spot aimed at. Each scatter has a 5/8 chance to hit a location rather than missing though, thus we have to return 5/8 of 1/3 to the chance to hit. Thus (0.6333 *0.333 = 0.21, and 0.667 + 0.21 = 0.88), so each shot has a 0.88 chance to hit something per scatter die rolled. As two are rolled, this means that 4.962 shots hit something.

Most of the hits will impact a 2+ save. The only 1+ save that might be hit is on a scatter, thus 1/5 of 1/3 (0.2 * 0.333 = 0.06667). Thus 4.962 * 0.06667 = 0.33 shots hit the 1+ location and 4.63 hit 2+ locations. The Land Raider has a -2 TSM, so we have 4.63 saves at 4+ so 2.316 get through and 0.33 shots save at 3+ so 0.11 get through. Thus 2.426 hits that will destroy the titan on a 6, so 0.404 shots will destroy the Revenant the first turn.

So it's possible, just not likely.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
primarch wrote:
shelfunit wrote:
MagnusIlluminus wrote:
If the modifier is reduced to *1.25 (half it's current value), single model cost is 657 and Formation cost is 1470. This might be more accurate and more balanced.

As primarily a Space Marine player I would look at this and think "For the cost of 2 revenant titans I can bring 3 land raider companies" and I would expect that 60 lascannon shots would take down at least one of them a turn. Now, I say this having not played for many years, so my memory might not be particularly great and I'm probably missing something fairly big here, but that example match up just seems a bit one sided.

Hi!

I'm sure Magnus can do the math better, but land raiders hit on a 5+, so approximately a 33% chance to hit. However the holofields will block at least half of those shots. .50 x .33= .165 or 16.5% per shot to hit and get through shields. This percentage is further reduced by scatter and finally the armor save. So the per hit chance or taking it out is rather small.

This has actually prompted me to do a test. All those land raiders versus the revenant with standard terrain and see what happens.

I'm willing to bet the revenant can do pretty good given a competent commander.

Primarch

Your math looks to be very good there. You've hit most of the relevant factors. Just to expand a little. (As a note, I'm using a spreadsheet file to do the actual math. I'm good at math, but I'm also lazy...)

I'm assuming here that both sides are on Advance for the first turn, and the Revenant moves first so as to be within 100cm of the Land Raiders, but not within 75cm. Not particularly smart of it, but let's see how it goes.

A Revenant does have an attack out to 100cm, so it's possible that it might destroy a couple of Land Raiders before they are in weapon range. At most, a normal barrage should only be able to hit two Land Raiders. As this weapon has a 0 TSM and a Land Raider has a 2+ save, there are two 1/6 chances to kill targets (approximately a 0.027778 or 2.78% chance). Thus if we are using three Land Raider Companies (30 models) vs one Revenant, statistically speaking there will be 29.16667 Land Raiders when they get into range (75cm).

Assuming all Land Raiders get into range at the same time (unlikely, but possible), we then have 58.333 (29.1667 * 2) shots against the Revenant to resolve. We can expect 19.444 (58.333 *0.333) to roll 5+. Since the Revenant was on Advance orders, it's Holo Field save is 3+, thus only 1/3 of those get through, or 6.48148 of them.

I'm going to assume that all of them are shooting at the Front arc and targeting the central Leg location as it is the safest shot since it has the most adjacent hit locations. Each scatter die has a 1/3 chance of scattering and thus a 2/3 chance of hitting the spot aimed at. Each scatter has a 5/8 chance to hit a location rather than missing though, thus we have to return 5/8 of 1/3 to the chance to hit. Thus (0.6333 *0.333 = 0.21, and 0.667 + 0.21 = 0.88), so each shot has a 0.88 chance to hit something per scatter die rolled. As two are rolled, this means that 4.962 shots hit something.

Most of the hits will impact a 2+ save. The only 1+ save that might be hit is on a scatter, thus 1/5 of 1/3 (0.2 * 0.333 = 0.06667). Thus 4.962 * 0.06667 = 0.33 shots hit the 1+ location and 4.63 hit 2+ locations. The Land Raider has a -2 TSM, so we have 4.63 saves at 4+ so 2.316 get through and 0.33 shots save at 3+ so 0.11 get through. Thus 2.426 hits that will destroy the titan on a 6, so 0.404 shots will destroy the Revenant the first turn.

So it's possible, just not likely.

Hi!

Great analysis. I'm willing to bet that, more times than not the revenant can take most if not all of them out, particularly using speed, weapon range and terrain to its advantage.

I think sometimes players base a units vulnerability to how it would be targeted in a standard game with many units. Usually the units that take it out are far more costlier than land raiders.

Revenants and warhounds were way too cheap for their effectiveness. That is why you saw them all the time in games.

Great units need to have a high price tag. I think what happens is what I mentioned at the beginning of the process that players may compare these values to the original ones, out of habit.

The original values were legacy values from GW. I think we can conclusively state they were generated with no set formula or idea of balance or any such methodical approach. Thus the calculated values look "high".

Its more like the GW ones were low, in some cases drastically so. For many years we tweaked units to make them "worth the points". It never totally worked since what was flawed was the cost of units themselves.

I'm glad this will fix that.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
That very well may be true. Go ahead and do some testing on that if you are able to, as how Primarch said he was going to.

Also, thank you for the cross-faction comparison. While the formula is intended to make everything points-balanced in comparison to everything else (unlike the old system where each Faction was only balanced against itself), it is likely not done yet. I seriously expect that it will need significant tweaking before being done. This exact sort of comparison will be needed to figure out what needs tweaking.

On that note, if you have never played with a Revenant Titan, please do so. I haven't myself either, but what I've gathered from several battle reports is that they are very powerful and versatile.

Don't get me wrong, I am hugely supportive of this thankless quest you have undertaken to balance out the points values - please don't think I'm having a go or anything like that :) I haven't played the game for probably near on 16 years now - and am currently painting my collection up - I have the models needed for this test though, so will hopefully give it a go soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

shelfunit wrote:
MagnusIlluminus wrote:
That very well may be true. Go ahead and do some testing on that if you are able to, as how Primarch said he was going to.

Also, thank you for the cross-faction comparison. While the formula is intended to make everything points-balanced in comparison to everything else (unlike the old system where each Faction was only balanced against itself), it is likely not done yet. I seriously expect that it will need significant tweaking before being done. This exact sort of comparison will be needed to figure out what needs tweaking.

On that note, if you have never played with a Revenant Titan, please do so. I haven't myself either, but what I've gathered from several battle reports is that they are very powerful and versatile.

Don't get me wrong, I am hugely supportive of this thankless quest you have undertaken to balance out the points values - please don't think I'm having a go or anything like that :) I haven't played the game for probably near on 16 years now - and am currently painting my collection up - I have the models needed for this test though, so will hopefully give it a go soon.

Hi!

No problem. :)

If you haven't played in 16 years, net epic has changed quite a few things. Especially the turn order works with alternate movement. It makes things quite different.

That is but one of the many changes and tweaks. If you ever get a chance to play I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Hi!

If you haven't played in 16 years, net epic has changed quite a few things. Especially the turn order works with alternate movement. It makes things quite different.

That is but one of the many changes and tweaks. If you ever get a chance to play I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :)

Primarch

Oh, I'll play the game soon-ish. I've got about 3,000pts of Marines painted up now, along with similar sized Eldar and Ork forces (although I have roughly another 10-20,000+ pts of each still to paint :-) ). Honestly I am aiming for my first game of this millenium before the end of this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

shelfunit wrote:
primarch wrote:
Hi!

Primarch

Oh, I'll play the game soon-ish. I've got about 3,000pts of Marines painted up now, along with similar sized Eldar and Ork forces (although I have roughly another 10-20,000+ pts of each still to paint :-) ). Honestly I am aiming for my first game of this millenium before the end of this year.

Hi!

Sweet!

I hope you have a lot of fun!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

shelfunit wrote:

You are most welcome. It's not entirely thankless (see quoted bit above), and to be honest I've had thoughts about doing exactly this since the early days of 2nd edition Epic. I just never quite worked up the basics. Since Primarch was so kind as to supply that, I'm able to twerk, er, um, tweak this till it looks good and works well.

On another note, I'm planning to work up a way to run battles online. Most likely, I'll be using MapTools as I'm fairly familiar with that program, but that requires putting together tokens of some sort and that's just not a priority at the moment. In the meantime, any such battles in the campaign will just have to use my 'quick combat' system. I'll have to remember to send you a copy of that one of these days.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
shelfunit wrote:

You are most welcome. It's not entirely thankless (see quoted bit above), and to be honest I've had thoughts about doing exactly this since the early days of 2nd edition Epic. I just never quite worked up the basics. Since Primarch was so kind as to supply that, I'm able to twerk, er, um, tweak this till it looks good and works well.

On another note, I'm planning to work up a way to run battles online. Most likely, I'll be using MapTools as I'm fairly familiar with that program, but that requires putting together tokens of some sort and that's just not a priority at the moment. In the meantime, any such battles in the campaign will just have to use my 'quick combat' system. I'll have to remember to send you a copy of that one of these days.

Hi!

That is a very interesting idea Magnus. While I use Fantasy Grounds to run RPG games, I am familiar with Maptools. The work involved in token making is a heavy lift, no doubt. It would require a large time investment. Perhaps someday. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Back to the topic of the thread. Points values.

A few entries on the 'base' column are different from what is posted above, as I've found and fixed a couple of errors on my part.

Most of the 'Final' values are lower than the 'base' ones, but not quite all.

I've included separate entries for "Command Falcon" and "Command Peregrine" for those Special Formations that it applies to, as having a flat upgrade cost just doesn't work anymore. I've also included entries for such Special Formations when mounted on a Jet Bike when chosen along with the Jet Bike Host as per the Alternate Transports rule in Core. Note that the Jet Bike is only considered a Command vehicle if the base squad is, so two of them wind up costing less than might otherwise be expected.

_ Eldar Transports:
Falcon: 2 Infantry/LA or 1 Walker
Peregrine: 1 Infantry/LA
Wave Serpent: 2 Infantry/LA or 1 Walker
Vampyre: 1 Detachment of Infantry, LA, or Walker

_ Eldar models _______ base __ direct _ template _ weapons _CAF ___ Final
Avatar: ______________ 273.6 __ 257.4 __ 273.6 __ 257.4 __ 453.6 __ 437.4
Bonesinger: ___________ 37 _____ 35.5 ___ 37 _____ 35.5 ___ 38 _____ 36.5
Bonesinger Jet Bike: __ 59 _____ 57.5 ___ 59 _____ 57.5 ___ 65 _____ 63.5
Exarch: ______________ 170 ____ 116 ____ 170 ____ 116 ____ 218 ____ 164
Farseer: _____________ 130.33 __ 74.08 _ 130.33 __ 74.08 _ 136.33 __ 80.08
Farseer on Jet Bike: _ 173.33 _ 118.08 _ 173.33 _ 118.08 _ 197.33 _ 142.08
Forward Observer: _____ 48 _____ 46.5 ___ 48 _____ 46.5 ___ 48 _____ 46.5
Forward Observer, JB: _ 70 _____ 68.5 ___ 70 _____ 68.5 ___ 70 _____ 68.5
Harlequin: ____________ 56 _____ 54.5 ___ 56 _____ 54.5 ___ 68 _____ 66.5
Master Mime: __________ 20 _____ 20 _____ 20 _____ 20 _____ 20 _____ 20
Pathfinder: ___________ 84 _____ 79.5 ___ 84 _____ 79.5 ___ 85 _____ 80.5
Warlock: _____________ 304.2 __ 193.95 _ 246.6 __ 136.35 _ 310.2 __ 142.35
Warlock on Jet Bike: _ 340.2 __ 229.95 _ 282.6 __ 172.35 _ 364.2 __ 196.35

Guardian: ____ 10 __ 7 _ 10 __ 7 _ 10 __ 7
Wraithguard: _ 41 _ 32 _ 41 _ 32 _ 43 _ 34

Dark Reaper: _______ 74 ___ 33.5 ___ 74 ___ 33.5 __ 75.5 _ 35
Dire Avenger: ______ 30 ___ 21 _____ 30 ___ 21 ____ 33 ___ 24
Fire Dragon: _______ 31.5 _ 21.375 _ 31.5 _ 21.38 _ 34.5 _ 24.38
Howling Banshee: ___ 54.8 _ 53.3 ___ 54.8 _ 53.3 __ 66.5 _ 65
Striking Scorpion: _ 47.6 _ 46.1 ___ 47.6 _ 46.1 __ 57.5 _ 56
Swooping Hawk: _____ 71.5 _ 70 _____ 71.5 _ 70 ____ 85 ___ 83.5
Warp Spider: _______ 97 ___ 97 _____ 89.5 _ 89.5 _ 118 __ 110.5

Jet Bike: _______ 41.2 _ 40.3 _ 41.2 _ 40.3 __ 59.2 __ 58.3
Shining Spear: __ 67.2 _ 66.3 _ 67.2 _ 66.3 _ 112.2 _ 111.3
Vyper Jet Bike: _ 49.2 _ 42.3 _ 49.2 _ 42.3 __ 61.2 __ 54.3

War Walker: _ 42 _ 24 ___ 42 _ 24 ___ 45 _ 27
Wraithlord: _ 50 _ 33.5 _ 50 _ 33.5 _ 50 _ 33.5

Fire Prism: _________ 121 ____ 60.25 _ 121 ____ 60.25 _ 125 _____ 64.25
Falcon: ______________ 74 ____ 53.75 __ 74 ____ 53.75 __ 78 _____ 57.75
Falcon, Command: ____ 112.5 __ 82.13 _ 112.5 __ 82.13 _ 118.5 ___ 88.13
Firestorm: __________ 256 ____ 94 ____ 256 ____ 94 ____ 260 _____ 98
Peregrine: ___________ 95.03 _ 58.63 __ 95.03 _ 58.63 _ 103.03 __ 66.63
Peregrine, Command: _ 147.78 _ 93.94 _ 147.78 _ 93.94 _ 159.78 _ 105.94
Wave Serpent: ________ 59.6 __ 59.6 ___ 53.3 __ 53.3 ___ 63.6 ___ 57.3

Bright Lance: _ 21 _____ 0.75 _ 21 ____ 0.75 _ 18 ___ -2.25
Vibro-Cannon: _ 22.13 _ 22.13 __ 8.06 _ 8.06 _ 19.13 _ 5.06

Doomweaver: __ 42.15 _ 42.15 _ 36.08 _ 36.08 _ 45.15 _ 39.08
Unicorn: _____ 72.13 _ 72.13 _ 58.06 _ 58.06 _ 80.13 _ 66.06
Warp Hunter: _ 94 ____ 94 ____ 67 ____ 67 ____ 98 ____ 71

Fire Gale: __________ 150 _ 105 ___ 150 _ 105 ___ 168 _ 123
Fire Reaper: ________ 118 _ 100 ___ 118 _ 100 ___ 145 _ 127
Fire Storm: _________ 188 _ 186.5 _ 140 _ 138.5 _ 206 _ 156.5
Bright Stallion: ____ 159 _ 114 ___ 159 _ 114 ___ 189 _ 144
Bright Stalker: _____ 161 _ 114.5 _ 161 _ 114.5 _ 191 _ 144.5
Towering Destroyer: _ 175 _ 130 ___ 175 _ 130 ___ 225 _ 180
Towering Fury: ______ 177 _ 130.5 _ 177 _ 130.5 _ 227 _ 180.5

Cobra: _________ 160.08 _ 149.52 _ 133.08 _ 122.52 _ 195.08 _ 157.52
Scorpion: ______ 262.08 _ 170.52 _ 238.08 _ 146.52 _ 297.08 _ 181.52
Storm Serpent: _ 126.08 _ 109.52 _ 126.08 _ 109.52 _ 147.08 _ 130.52
Tempest Tank: __ 250.83 _ 137.71 _ 250.83 _ 137.71 _ 282.83 _ 169.71
Void Spinner: __ 354.08 _ 343.52 _ 226.08 _ 215.52 _ 375.08 _ 236.52

Nightwing: _ 203 _ 176.75 _ 195 _ 168.75 _ 283 _ 248.75
Phoenix: ___ 494 _ 401 ____ 366 _ 273 ____ 524 _ 303
Vampyre: ___ 238 _ 220 ____ 230 _ 212 ____ 238 _ 212

Phantom Titan hull: ________ 504 _ 504 ___ 504 _ 504 ___ 744 ___ 744
Revenant Scout Titan hull: _ 657 _ 571.5 _ 617 _ 531.5 _ 807.5 _ 682
Warlock Titan hull: ________ 571 _ 571 ___ 571 _ 571 ___ 913 ___ 913

_ Eldar Formations
_Company
Guardian Host: _____ 90 __ 60 __ 90 __ 60 ___ 90 __ 60
Falcon Host: ______ 365 _ 265 _ 365 _ 265 __ 385 _ 285
Defender Warhost: _ 435 _ 315 _ 435 _ 315 __ 455 _ 330
Jet Bike Host: ____ 345 _ 325 _ 345 _ 325 __ 475 _ 450
Spirit Host: ______ 560 _ 505 _ 490 _ 295 __ 570 _ 305
Tempest Host: _____ 995 _ 545 _ 995 _ 545 _ 1120 _ 670

_Special
Bonesinger, C.Falcon: ____ 65 __ 55 __ 65 __ 55 __ 65 __ 55
Bonesinger, C.Peregrine: _ 75 __ 60 __ 75 __ 60 __ 80 __ 60
Bonesinger, Jet Bike: ____ 50 __ 50 __ 50 __ 50 __ 55 __ 55
Exarchs: ________________ 760 _ 520 _ 760 _ 520 _ 975 _ 735
Farseer, C.Falcon: ______ 175 _ 105 _ 175 _ 105 _ 185 _ 115
Farseer, C.Peregrine: ___ 185 _ 110 _ 185 _ 110 _ 195 _ 120
Farseer, Jet Bike: ______ 195 _ 130 _ 195 _ 130 _ 220 _ 160
Forward Observer, CF: ____ 85 __ 75 __ 85 __ 75 __ 85 __ 75
Forward Observer, CP: ____ 95 __ 80 __ 95 __ 80 _ 100 __ 80
Forward Observer, JB: ____ 80 __ 75 __ 80 __ 75 __ 80 __ 75
Harlequin Troupe: _______ 215 _ 210 _ 215 _ 210 _ 260 _ 255
Master Mime: _____________ 20 __ 20 __ 20 __ 20 __ 20 __ 20
Pathfinders: ____________ 325 _ 305 _ 325 _ 305 _ 325 _ 310
Warlock, C.Falcon: ______ 370 _ 240 _ 310 _ 175 _ 380 _ 185
Warlock, C.Peregrine: ___ 380 _ 245 _ 320 _ 180 _ 390 _ 190
Warlock, Jet Bike: ______ 380 _ 260 _ 315 _ 195 _ 410 _ 220

Phantom Titan hull 2 arm 2 wing: __________ 565 __ 565 __ 565 __ 565 __ 835 __ 835
Phantom Titan Host, 3 hull 6 arm 6 wing: _ 1695 _ 1695 _ 1695 _ 1695 _ 2500 _ 2500
Revenant Titans: _________________________ 1470 _ 1280 _ 1380 _ 1190 _ 1810 _ 1530
Warlock Titan 2 arm 2 wing: _______________ 640 __ 640 __ 640 __ 640 _ 1025 _ 1025

_Support
Guardian Detachment: __ 35 __ 25 __ 35 __ 25 __ 35 __ 25
Defender Detachment: _ 170 _ 125 _ 170 _ 125 _ 180 _ 130
Wraithguard: _________ 230 _ 180 _ 230 _ 180 _ 240 _ 190

Dark Reaper: _______ 180 __ 80 _ 180 __ 80 _ 180 __ 85
Dire Avenger: _______ 70 __ 50 __ 70 __ 50 __ 80 __ 60
Fire Dragon: ________ 75 __ 50 __ 75 __ 50 __ 85 __ 60
Howling Banshee: ___ 130 _ 130 _ 130 _ 130 _ 160 _ 155
Shining Spears: ____ 160 _ 160 _ 160 _ 160 _ 270 _ 265
Striking Scorpion: _ 115 _ 110 _ 115 _ 110 _ 140 _ 135
Swooping Hawk: _____ 170 _ 170 _ 170 _ 170 _ 205 _ 200
Warp Spider: _______ 235 _ 235 _ 215 _ 215 _ 285 _ 265

Jet Bike Squadron: _ 135 _ 135 _ 135 _ 135 _ 195 _ 190
Vyper Squadron: ____ 160 _ 140 _ 160 _ 140 _ 200 _ 180

War Walker: __ 90 __ 55 __ 90 __ 55 _ 100 __ 60
Wraithlord: _ 280 _ 190 _ 280 _ 190 _ 280 _ 190

Fire Prism: ______ 135 __ 65 _ 135 __ 65 _ 140 __ 70
Falcon Squadron: _ 165 _ 120 _ 165 _ 120 _ 170 _ 125
Firestorm AA: ____ 280 _ 105 _ 280 _ 105 _ 285 _ 110
Peregrine: _______ 210 _ 130 _ 210 _ 130 _ 225 _ 145
Wave Serpent: _____ 65 __ 65 __ 60 __ 60 __ 70 __ 65

Bright Lance Battery: _ 45 __ 0* _ 45 __ 0* _ 40 __ 0**
*= rounded down from 1.65; **= rounded from -4.95
Vibro-Cannon Battery: _ 50 _ 50 __ 20 _ 20 __ 40 _ 10

Doomweaver: ______ 45 __ 45 _ 40 _ 40 __ 50 _ 45
Unicorn Battery: _ 80 __ 80 _ 65 _ 65 __ 90 _ 75
Warp Hunter: ____ 105 _ 105 _ 75 _ 75 _ 110 _ 80

Fire Knight Detachment: any 3 of
_ Fire Gale each: __________ 120 __ 85 _ 120 __ 85 _ 135 _ 100
_ Fire Reaper each: _________ 95 __ 80 __ 95 __ 80 _ 115 _ 100
_ Fire Storm each: _________ 150 _ 150 _ 110 _ 110 _ 165 _ 125
Bright Warriors: any 3 of
_ Bright Stallion each: ____ 125 __ 90 _ 125 __ 90 _ 150 _ 115
_ Bright Stalker each: _____ 130 __ 90 _ 130 __ 90 _ 155 _ 115
Towering Knights: any 3 of
_ Towering Destroyer each: _ 140 _ 105 _ 140 _ 105 _ 180 _ 145
_ Towering Fury each: ______ 140 _ 105 _ 140 _ 105 _ 180 _ 145

Vampyre troop Carrier: __ 260 _ 240 _ 255 _ 235 _ 260 _ 235
Nightwing Squadron: _____ 445 _ 390 _ 430 _ 370 _ 625 _ 545
Phoenix Fighter Bomber: _ 545 _ 440 _ 405 _ 300 _ 575 _ 335

Cobra: _________ 175 _ 165 _ 145 _ 135 _ 215 _ 175
Scorpion: ______ 290 _ 190 _ 260 _ 160 _ 325 _ 200
Storm Serpent: _ 140 _ 120 _ 140 _ 120 _ 160 _ 145
Tempest: _______ 550 _ 305 _ 550 _ 305 _ 620 _ 375
Void Spinner: __ 390 _ 380 _ 250 _ 235 _ 415 _ 260

_ Eldar Titan Weapons
Distortion Cannon: _____ 60 __ 60 __ 30 _ 30 __ 60 _ 30
Flamewind: _____________ 80 __ 20 __ 80 _ 20 __ 80 _ 20
Heat Lance: ____________ 85 __ 20 __ 85 _ 20 __ 85 _ 20
Power Fist: ____________ 55 __ 15 __ 55 _ 15 __ 55 _ 15
Psychic Lance: _________ 40 __ 40 __ 20 _ 20 __ 40 _ 20
Pulsar: _______________ 255 _ 100 _ 235 _ 75 _ 255 _ 75
Pulse Laser: ___________ 85 __ 40 __ 75 _ 30 __ 85 _ 30
Tremor Cannon: ________ 110 _ 110 __ 55 _ 55 _ 110 _ 55
Wing Lascannon: ________ 80 __ 20 __ 80 _ 20 __ 80 _ 20
Wing Missile Launcher: _ 35 __ 35 __ 20 _ 20 __ 35 _ 20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Thanks!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Can I suggest that the Warphunter is under costed? On the weekend I had a game where a pair of Warphunters popped up and destroyed (among other units) a Dominatrix in turn one, despite it's high save and hit points with regeneration. It seems that even though the scatter of the D-cannon template happens twice, there's still a pretty good chance of it destroying it's target, especially a superheavy that size. Even if i didn't destroy it there was a still great chancE i'd scatter and disable this valuable command unit for a turn anyway. I couldn't have destroyed the thing in one turn with a company of Shadowswords. I was thinking of either pumping up the cost of warphunters or not using them again. I felt so embarrassed about how overpowered they were. Unless I'm playing something wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Storm Puppy wrote:
Can I suggest that the Warphunter is under costed? On the weekend I had a game where a pair of Warphunters popped up and destroyed (among other units) a Dominatrix in turn one, despite it's high save and hit points with regeneration. It seems that even though the scatter of the D-cannon template happens twice, there's still a pretty good chance of it destroying it's target, especially a superheavy that size. Even if i didn't destroy it there was a still great chancE i'd scatter and disable this valuable command unit for a turn anyway. I couldn't have destroyed the thing in one turn with a company of Shadowswords. I was thinking of either pumping up the cost of warphunters or not using them again. I felt so embarrassed about how overpowered they were. Unless I'm playing something wrong?

Hi!

Hmm....

I think you may discovered a loophole in the rules. ;)

Units with shields lose one and get displaced. Units with no shields and hit location templates, get hit in one random location no save.

The Dominatrix has neither, yet it is clearly as powerful as units with those attributes.

I would add to this weapons description that units with more than one wound loses ONE wound and is displaced as if it had shields.

That should balance your observation. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Or perhaps the Dominatrix should be made into a Praetorian and given a Hit Location chart.

As to the Warphunter being under costed, were you actually using Points Formula values for that battle? If not, then your comment is really in the wrong thread. I'm not saying it's not relevant, just in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Or just making having wounds the equivalent of having a template. Tyranids are rather odd having "wounds". I guess it was done by GW to differentiate them from others with hit location templates. Who knows.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Warp Hunters are not under costed ;). They are extremely random and you never really can rely on them. The issue here is a rules problem regarding how its weapon affects the Dominatrix, so a rules amendment to clarify this is all that's needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next