Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Army List: Orks

 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
So the moral of the story is: if players want to take more than 1 Weirdboy, let 'em. There's always the possibility that they'll overload the Weirdboy, and this risk increases if they have more Weirdboys to keep tabs on. They're playing with fire and may have to live with the consequences of their actions. :tut

Final score was Eldar: 69VPs, Orks 34VPs. The Orks would have lost in any event but the mob here were under no threat of breaking so this knocked the game out of the park from an Eldar point of view.

I have to say, even though it was my forces that got vapourised, it made me laugh a lot! ;D

_________________
Clickable links for more Epic goodness:

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27068
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
The Bissler wrote:
So the moral of the story is: if players want to take more than 1 Weirdboy, let 'em. There's always the possibility that they'll overload the Weirdboy, and this risk increases if they have more Weirdboys to keep tabs on. They're playing with fire and may have to live with the consequences of their actions. :tut

Final score was Eldar: 69VPs, Orks 34VPs. The Orks would have lost in any event but the mob here were under no threat of breaking so this knocked the game out of the park from an Eldar point of view.

I have to say, even though it was my forces that got vapourised, it made me laugh a lot! ;D


Hi!

There's a rule that you can't take more than one?

That's one rule that gonna disappear.... ;)

I agree the possibility of overload its its own risk. I've seen those things explode and take a whole clan with it...

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
primarch wrote:
There's a rule that you can't take more than one?


Err, yes! You were discussing this earlier on in this thread! :D

It was ruled that only one allowed per Bad Moon and/or Deathskull Clan taken.

primarch wrote:
I agree the possibility of overload its its own risk. I've seen those things explode and take a whole clan with it...


It pretty much did! 13 stands of Boyz & Nobz, a Stompa, 4 Battlewagon & 2 Skullhammas! My poor beautiful Boyz... :'(

_________________
Clickable links for more Epic goodness:

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27068
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
The Bissler wrote:
primarch wrote:
There's a rule that you can't take more than one?


Err, yes! You were discussing this earlier on in this thread! :D

It was ruled that only one allowed per Bad Moon and/or Deathskull Clan taken.

primarch wrote:
I agree the possibility of overload its its own risk. I've seen those things explode and take a whole clan with it...


It pretty much did! 13 stands of Boyz & Nobz, a Stompa, 4 Battlewagon & 2 Skullhammas! My poor beautiful Boyz... :'(


Hi!

Oh, you mean one per clan card. Ah, that's okay. I thought you meant one ONLY. More than one wierdboy tower per clan can be overpowered though.

I once saw it take out a gargant as well as the whole nearby goff clan. It was a one turn loss for the orks... :(

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
primarch wrote:
Hi!

Oh, you mean one per clan card. Ah, that's okay. I thought you meant one ONLY. More than one wierdboy tower per clan can be overpowered though.

I once saw it take out a gargant as well as the whole nearby goff clan. It was a one turn loss for the orks... :(

Primarch


Yeah, but because I didn't use the Deathskulls I broke the rules.... but paid the price! :D

_________________
Clickable links for more Epic goodness:

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27068
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
The Bissler wrote:
primarch wrote:
Hi!

Oh, you mean one per clan card. Ah, that's okay. I thought you meant one ONLY. More than one wierdboy tower per clan can be overpowered though.

I once saw it take out a gargant as well as the whole nearby goff clan. It was a one turn loss for the orks... :(

Primarch


Yeah, but because I didn't use the Deathskulls I broke the rules.... but paid the price! :D


Hi!

Ouch!

Don't break the rules.... ;)

:gah

Or you get hurt.... :P

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Rules are like a selection box at Xmas. You use the ones you like and the ones you don't you feed to the dog. >:D

_________________
Clickable links for more Epic goodness:

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27068
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
The Bissler wrote:
Rules are like a selection box at Xmas. You use the ones you like and the ones you don't you feed to the dog. >:D


Hi!

LOL! ;D

I think your feeding that dog to much. ;)

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 3155
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Allow me to correct my earlier remark:

Rules are like a selection box at Xmas. You use the ones you like and the ones you don't you feed to the dog. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even own a dog. I prefer to poison my neighbour's dogs with unpalatable rules. Best still, I don't have to clean up the mess when said rules are expelled from said dog's ruined system. >:D

Disclaimer: Whether you employ bad rules or more traditional methods, poisoning canine species is highly immoral and completely illegal. :tut

The author would like to stress that no dogs were harmed through poisoning or any other methods during the writing of this post. :spin

_________________
Clickable links for more Epic goodness:

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm
Posts: 1497
I cannot recall, and cannot find, where the earlier discussion on Gargant fire arcs was, so I'm posting here. I recall posting there that I could not locate where the fire arc descriptions for the Ork Gargants were, and thus was thinking that they were supposed to be 180 front as well as Imperial. I have found where it is described. It's in the Net Epic Gold Core Rules PDF on page 47, Special Rules: Titans, Firing. While it does make some sense for it to be there, it should probably be referenced somewhere in the Ork PDF as well.

_________________
Net Epic Coordinator


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27068
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
MagnusIlluminus wrote:
I cannot recall, and cannot find, where the earlier discussion on Gargant fire arcs was, so I'm posting here. I recall posting there that I could not locate where the fire arc descriptions for the Ork Gargants were, and thus was thinking that they were supposed to be 180 front as well as Imperial. I have found where it is described. It's in the Net Epic Gold Core Rules PDF on page 47, Special Rules: Titans, Firing. While it does make some sense for it to be there, it should probably be referenced somewhere in the Ork PDF as well.


Hi!

Agreed. It was put forth on several other topics that the current organization needs to be revamped as some information is very hard to locate and counter intuitive in its current location.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:18 pm
Posts: 1619
Location: France
Few units that could be added to orks (as models exist but don't have profile in NetEpic):

- battle fortress: the big one OTV:
Image
Here is the profile I proposed on Epic-fr:
Replace 2 battlewagons by 1 battlefortress. Recompute Break Point and Victory Points.
Move: 15cm / Armor: 1+ / Caf: +4 / Weapons: -
Notes: Triple Move on Charge, PD(4), OTV, Transport 6, Independent

It could also be bought as a single card for 100 point.

- Junka Trukk (only available to Feral Orks)
Image
I let you create the profil/cost for this one but it should be worse than battle wagons ;)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27068
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
scream wrote:
Few units that could be added to orks (as models exist but don't have profile in NetEpic):

- battle fortress: the big one OTV:
Image
Here is the profile I proposed on Epic-fr:
Replace 2 battlewagons by 1 battlefortress. Recompute Break Point and Victory Points.
Move: 15cm / Armor: 1+ / Caf: +4 / Weapons: -
Notes: Triple Move on Charge, PD(4), OTV, Transport 6, Independent

It could also be bought as a single card for 100 point.

- Junka Trukk (only available to Feral Orks)
Image
I let you create the profil/cost for this one but it should be worse than battle wagons ;)


Hi!

I agree with both of those. There are existing models that need stats to be added to them.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 am
Posts: 780
Hmm agree with the Battlefortress but I reckon just using the rules for Trukks for the Junka Trukks might work rather well.

_________________
Rightyus Indergestyun I
Stabb-Blasta II

Verum Irae II


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Army List: Orks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:16 am
Posts: 654
Location: Paris, France
primarch wrote:

I agree the braincrushas are very effective. I almost always bring them to battle.


I agree too but that's not a reason to put the prices up.
Orks haven't got a lot of long range firepower and it's in my opinion an army that needs more boost than nerfs.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net