Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Army List: Chaos

Post subject: Re: Army List: Chaos
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Napalm wrote:
I've read all and I totally agree to the 3 daemon engines for 250 points.
Same thing for the cannons of khorne (well, since I play netepic I always put them in first fire and did not count them as daemon engines anyway).
Fleshounds are good and I like them as they are, you lack speed with khorne and really need them.

The banelord & lord of battle are taking dust because they're not competitive at all, for their price, regular titans are far better. Don't know what to do to make them better and keeping the khorne feeling though.

The Hell Talon alone for 350 points is just bad. At first I thought it followed the forgeworld packaging so I took 2 for 350 points and it was already crappy and never played it again. I use mine for dreadclaw proxy now.

Hi!

We are overhauling the points system, as well as a lot of rules for the "platinum" version of net epic.

The thread on the points formula should make costs reasonable, in relation to power.

I will give more thought to the lord of battle, but either a points decrease of increase power is due. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's great, I'll clean up the dust on it !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Napalm wrote:
I've read all and I totally agree to the 3 daemon engines for 250 points.
Same thing for the cannons of khorne (well, since I play netepic I always put them in first fire and did not count them as daemon engines anyway).

The core NetEpic Gold rules list Cannons of Khorne as having the daemon rule, so if you were using the standard rules, you couldn't put them on first fire. The only way you could put them on first fire was if you were using the SM2 rules, or perhaps some earlier version of NetEpic that I haven't read.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Irisado wrote:
The core NetEpic Gold rules list Cannons of Khorne as having the daemon rule, so if you were using the standard rules, you couldn't put them on first fire. The only way you could put them on first fire was if you were using the SM2 rules, or perhaps some earlier version of NetEpic that I haven't read.

I just didn't saw that they get the daemon rule, and played it "as before" SM2 style, that was a mistake.
But I think it's more appropriate and will do it on purpose in the future (and with my catastrophic luck on the artillery dice, they don't stay long on the battlefileld anyway :wah ).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

The cannon of khorne will definitely get that restriction removed. Its too onerous for artillery in net epic. All the others will get revised, most likely a points adjustment.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Would adding Furies to the Chaos list be an option? Personally I think using them as the same stats and price as Cultist Fanatics but put them int he Standard Chaos list as a support option would work. Maybe allowing them to deep strike to represent them being summoned?

Verum Irae II

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Llamahead wrote:
Would adding Furies to the Chaos list be an option? Personally I think using them as the same stats and price as Cultist Fanatics but put them int he Standard Chaos list as a support option would work. Maybe allowing them to deep strike to represent them being summoned?

Hi!

The Platinum version, as a philosophy wants too add ALL more recent units from 40k to epic with stats.

So yes. ;D

I will however need everyone's help in these new units, since I don't play 40k and have no clue on the changes/additions made.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Napalm wrote:
I just didn't saw that they get the daemon rule, and played it "as before" SM2 style, that was a mistake. But I think it's more appropriate and will do it on purpose in the future (and with my catastrophic luck on the artillery dice, they don't stay long on the battlefileld anyway :wah ).

As Primarch says, the rule will be removed from the Cannons of Khorne in any case, so just play them as you have been (i.e. they can use first fire orders), because that's what they're going to revert to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Irisado wrote:
Napalm wrote:
I just didn't saw that they get the daemon rule, and played it "as before" SM2 style, that was a mistake. But I think it's more appropriate and will do it on purpose in the future (and with my catastrophic luck on the artillery dice, they don't stay long on the battlefileld anyway :wah ).

As Primarch says, the rule will be removed from the Cannons of Khorne in any case, so just play them as you have been (i.e. they can use first fire orders), because that's what they're going to revert to.

Hi!

Yep! :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A small addition:

- It could be interesting to obtain a Chaos Reward card when picking a standard CSM infantry company. At the moment, there's no interest in playing a standard CSM comp (except the terminator company) as others comp grants a better bonus card.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

scream wrote:
A small addition:

- It could be interesting to obtain a Chaos Reward card when picking a standard CSM infantry company. At the moment, there's no interest in playing a standard CSM comp (except the terminator company) as others comp grants a better bonus card.

Sounds like a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I prefer the rewards as they are. The Chaos gods don't favour those who are too vanilla. It's the price that you pay for your lack of devotion :D!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Good idea for platinum, I'll leave it as is for Gold. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If the titan weapon cost are modified in the TL book, it will be needed to update the chaos titan weapon cost too in the Chaos Codex.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

scream wrote:
If the titan weapon cost are modified in the TL book, it will be needed to update the chaos titan weapon cost too in the Chaos Codex.

Hi!

Good call, I agree. ;D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next