Login |  Register |  FAQ

Praetorian/Titan Reactor Crippled vs. repair roll

Post subject: Praetorian/Titan Reactor Crippled vs. repair roll
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm trying to understand the repair rule versus a Praetorian reactor being crippled.
On p.46 under the Titan/Praetorians "Damage Results" section it says that a damaged reactor needs to be repaired in the end phase or the Praetorian is immobilized. I interpret this as the Praetorian isn't desotryed, it keeps on being immobilized round after round until reactor is repaired.
A crippled reactor on the other hand, has the same rules as a damaged reactor except that it needs to be repaired in the end phase. If not (repair roll fails I guess) then the reactor explodes and rules for that apply.

So far so good , but now what I don't get, on the same page 46 under the section "Repair Rolls" it says that in the end phase players can repair damaged locations and void shields, but specifically NOT crippled or destroyed ones. One row down it again indicated that crippled and desotroyed locations can NOT be repaired.

To me the damage results section for reactor and repair rolls section contradict each other in the case of "crippled" locations? Or am I missing something?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Praetorian/Titan Reactor Crippled vs. repair roll
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In this case, the guidelines for specific overriding general rules come into play. In this case, the rules under "Repair Rolls" are the general rules that apply to all damage locations unless specified otherwise. The entry for "Reactor Crippled" is an exception to the general rule, intended to replicate the effects of earlier Titan Legions rules wording without using that wording.

In other words, a "Reactor Crippled" result *can* attempt a repair roll - once - and if the roll fails it has a meltdown. A Weapon Crippled result cannot be repaired, unless that titan has some other effect (mutation, experience, etc) that says it can.

Post subject: Re: Praetorian/Titan Reactor Crippled vs. repair roll
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks, that's how we have played it :)