Login |  Register |  FAQ

Movement cost, infantry leaving rhino and entering building

Post subject: Movement cost, infantry leaving rhino and entering building
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was just curious what your view is on the following scenario and if it's ok or not.

If I have an infantry stand on advance orders, inside a Rhino, and lets say the Rhino is on charge orders. If I take that Rhino and drive it right up next to a building. Then the stand leaves the Rhino, meaning it costs 5cm of movement leaving it with 5cm left to use. Now it enters the building since the Rhino was right next to the building. That costs another 5cm of movement, leaving it with nothing left.

Would you say this is OK? It seems ok to me, the 10cm movement of the infantry is just enough to both leave the Rhino and enter the building.

The reason for wanting the infantry stand on advance orders and not charge (that would mean this wasn't an issue at all) is of course that on advance it would give you the possibility of a long distance movement AND fireing from a very advantageous position.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Movement cost, infantry leaving rhino and entering build
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As far as I am aware, and how I play, the scenario is legal and correct.

Your last stated bit is slightly concerning though. If the troops in the transport are on Charge, they would be unable to shoot at all. Unless they are Command, of course, in which case they don't have an order counter at all. Thus being on Advance means that the troops can get into the building and fire from an advantageous position.

Post subject: Re: Movement cost, infantry leaving rhino and entering build
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My last statement regarding the troops being on charge was just a way to say that if they had a movement of > 10cm, it wouldn't be an issue at all.
But thanks, feels like we have interpreted this correct, this is how we play it :)