Login |  Register |  FAQ

Imperial Guard/Ad Mech/Renagades questions

Post subject: Imperial Guard/Ad Mech/Renagades questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Now that i've effectively 'finished' painting my core IG army, i'm left with an absolute boat load of minis. (enough to do at least another 2 respectfully sized forces!)

I'm thinking to change it up i'll do an Ad Mech/Tech Guard force and maybe a Chaos Renegade force.

a couple of rules based questions now...

Do the Ad Mech/Tech guard units follow the same Chain of Command rules as their vanilla IG counterparts? i don't see anything mentioned in the Army book.

I'm not fussed in the slightest about creating a Chaos army with daemons/daemon engines/horrors/spiky bitz or skulls, but i did notice in the sample armies section of the Army Book - 'Grayclaws Horde'. This appeals to me as it looks like a mash of Chaos, IG and Ork Renegades - and i could probably work my 30k style world eaters in there too. Anyhoo - i'm assuming the IG equivalent units here are not subject to the same Chain of Command rules again?

And finally...

There was some chat here about IG Wyverns? (or did i dream it) I can't seem to find the thread, but as i have a load of E40k style Hydras, that are a snip away from looking like Wyverns i'd be up for seeing some rules/costs for them?

Cheers,

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Imperial Guard/Ad Mech/Renagades questions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Ad mech/tech guards are supposed to be slightly better than stock IG, so I think they don't use the stock commnad IG rules.

I will have to re-check since I am unsure if there is an omission, or it was truly intended this way.

I don't remember a thread for Wyverns. we'll see if someone comes up with some stats. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

When doing the points values per the formula for the various factions, I raised the question about the Chain-of-Command rules as well. The consensus at that time was that they did not apply to Tech-Guard, thus the Points Formula values for them reflect it not applying to them.

The Chaos pdf includes what amounts to three different, but related, Army Lists.
. A. Chaos Renegades. These are somewhat Guard-like in that the basic model is the 'Cultist', but as with the Tech-Guard, the Guard Chain-of-Command rule does not apply to Chaos forces. If they have an allied Guard (or PDF) force, the CoC rules apply to the Guard/PDF forces as normal, of course.
. B. Powers of Chaos. These are entirely different as their Command rules are based on proximity and LOS to the Greater Daemons and no other factors.
. C. Chaos Marine Legions. These have the same CoC rules as normal Marines (IE none).

The details about these three lists begin on page 4 of the Chaos.pdf, under the heading "The Chaos Army".

Basically, a special rule that appears in a specific faction's document only applies to forces within that document. The Guard Chain-of-Command rules apply to Guard and PDF forces, but not to any other factions.

Likely the Wyvern is on the list of models to be added to Platinum. They do not currently have stats for Gold, not that I've seen anyway. That may be where you saw a reference to it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice one, cheers for the clarification gentlemen... let the painting commence!