I've been Thinking About House Rules

Post subject: I've been Thinking About House Rules
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:oo:

Why the hell didn't I think of that!?!

Thanks.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GENERAL HOUSE RULE

Line Of Sight Effect: (Burning Wrecks).

Some wrecks are bigger than others. Any unit with a Hit Location Template that is destroyed should not be removed from the table unless the means of destruction would leave no remains (Vortex Template, Power Core Meltdown etc). The wreck is considered to be burning and thick smoke blocks LOS to any targets traced directly through it. Artillery can fire over it but friendly units must be able to see the target as in any Indirect Fire barrage.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

TEMPLATE WEAPONS IN CLOSE COMBAT:

Years ago we, did not allowded units using a template weapon, to snap fire at CC attackers
so we thought about a special rule and here is what turns out:

If a unit on FF,  only using a template weapon, is charged.
it can either choose to fight the CC as normal
or to self destruct

e.g. a unit of basilisks is charged by a unit of jet bikes
the basilisk would loose the CC on average
so the crew decides to blow up the ammunition
to prevent the eldar grapping the arttilery pieces

center the normal 6cm template on each basilisk
since all ammuniton is blow up each template has 6BP(thenumber of BP the whole unit would produce)

Optional:

If a unit on FF ,  only using a template weapon, is charged
the defender may interrupt the attackers movement at any point within weapon range
take a number of counters eaqual to the attackers unit size (10 for a IG Tactical det.)
drop them from 20cm altitude
then the defender may lay down his barrages
remove casualties
then finish move

Its a bit time consuming but may be usefull

Post subject: Re: I've been Thinking About House Rules
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Gonna offer up a couple house rules that my gaming group (who also plays Microarmor so it influences our epic play)

Canister rounds for tanks: We created a 10, 15,and 20cm set of templates for tanks with non energy weapon main guns. Each template is a pie wedge that has 45, 75 and 90 degree marks (bands). With it you can fire off a canister round which is basically ball bearings and used against infantry. The round is an anti infantry round that can also shred coverage. Any infantry under the template is hit on a 2+(in the 45) 3+(In the 75 band) or a 4+(in the 90 band) and must pass a -1, -0, or +1 from their save roll. This is similar to the m1028 canister round used by modern forces today. The plus 1 would be that the unit gets a save of 6 if it otherwise would not have one.

The template is placed at the tip of the gun barrel and only one of these rounds can be fired by the tank in question per turn.

Yes, this is a massed infantry killer, but it's also a realistic weapon that's been used for a couple centuries already.

Cost for the round is at the groups discretion, but number of rounds per unit must be kept track of.

Last edited by Ifurita on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Eldar Specific House Rule

Have used both of these in epic games. They're more or less intended to be used by eldar almost exclusively for when they are spearheading a planetary assault.

Combined effect of multiple units.

Storm Serpent and Gate combined effects.

If multiple Storm Serpents or Way gates are combined on the field, larger than normal collections of units or larger than normal units can be transported.

While creating this larger than normal way gate the units creating it must be on first fire orders and may not move

3 Storm serpents or 3 gates (or any combination of 3 of these) working in tandem (within 10 cm of one another) can produce a warp gate capable of transporting in or out up to Titan sized units.

The mechanic is as follows. Each 3 gate units working together allow the transport of 48 cargo units.
1 Phantom or Warlock titan is 48 units.
1 Revenant is 24 units.
a knight is 9 units
A super heavy is 10 points
A standard tank is 5 points.
A vyper or other jet bike is 3 points.
any one stand of infantry is 1 point.

All troops must be disembarked from vehicles (no loaded apcs)

Presence of the Avatar at the gate adds 50% for one turn and one turn only to the total cargo units that can be brought through (representing it charging into battle and troops following through in a rush, but the avatar cannot be used again for this purposed during the game.

Units belonging to a formation that has not completely transitioned the gate must maintain coherency as if the gate or storm serpent were any missing unit in the formation, until either the gate, or the coherency of the formation of the gate generators is broken (causing the gate to collapse)

Serpent wall
Storm Serpents and wave serpents can combine their defensive fields into a single wedge. But they must maintain a wedge formation for it to remain in play in this expanded format.

The format of the wedge is always as follows, one serpent is nominated as the point of the wedge, All other serpents must follow it, maintaining a wedge pattern.

To designate the area of effect of this expanded template, take the trailing wave serpents and place their templates like normal, then unfold the "inner wing" of the template to overlap the trailing edge of the wave serpent or storm serpents' wave template by at least 1cm. In effect extending the wave wall's triangular shape.

Any unit that can see over the template can still fire on targets behind the wall as normal

If any unit in the wedge (except for the leader) fires its wave to disrupt enemy units, the combined wave effect is broken for all in the formation and standard templates are returned to normal, with one exception. If the lead serpent fires its wave, all the waves are fired in tandem in a single shot. (just extend the lead serpent's template length on the sides to match the effect of combined shields)

Other limitations: the serpents involved in this maneuver lose their "inner shields" so if the enemy can see over the edge of the shield and see the unit's side clearly, the serpent will not have cover from it's normal wave template.

The primary use for this tactic is to provide cover for massed assault over open ground where otherwise enemy emplacements would chew up vulnerable eldar troops. Examples include assaults over flat ground or while engaged in sea to shore attacks to provide cover while troops disembark to prevent opportunity fire on the troops when they hit the shore. Small units like jet bikes, vipers, and even low profile tanks will hide behind this wall as well and then provide added punch to troop attacks when the lead unit launches the wave wall. Lead units cost an extra 10% of base but lose all other weapon systems (the space for them being used for added equipment to manage the larger field.)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

AA-Units attacking Flyers:
If a Flyer survives the first attack of an AA-units
It can always finish its movement and unload troops or drop its bombs(not shoot)
work out the damage of the bombs/move out the inf.
Then it can be shoot at again, if still in range.

This should simulate that a flyer which is moving very fast
can only be shoot for a short time.

e.g. a Thunderhwak carries a detachment marines
while moving a firestorm shoot at it
unbeliveable it survives the attack
its allowded to finish its movement and unload its troops

after that every AA-unit within wepon range may choose to shoot at it again.

best regards

ule

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmm, that one is kinda cool. I rarely have multiple AA batteries but we might need to try that next time the Tau come out to play :)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I(dumb) forgot to try it during our last battles :'(

As restriction:
This rule do not count on any unit/flyer that is performing deep strike

This would exclude The Imperial Landing Craft