Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

NETEPIC GOLD DOWNLOAD LINKS - FINALIZED

Post subject: NETEPIC GOLD DOWNLOAD LINKS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Im using Adobe reader 8.1.7 and I dont get the little wrenches in the orkbook for  mekcards, I only get "c"
and perhaps the optional "*" sign should have an icon too?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Woow! Hey Warmaster great work as ever!!
cheers
Bans

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

bans, kudos for your great artwork!

so much more refeshing than the stuff GW does!

Reminds me of the old Simon Bisley comics. Ahh, those were the days  :;):

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Sanjuro!

Quote: 

Reminds me of the old Simon Bisley comics. Ahh, those were the days  

well maybe I have to walk a little more if you want to compare my work with the master Bisley!! But thanks for the words!  :cool:

cheers
bans

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Malleus @ Oct. 19 2009, 12:20 )

Im using Adobe reader 8.1.7 and I dont get the little wrenches in the orkbook for  mekcards, I only get "c"
and perhaps the optional "*" sign should have an icon too?

Strange. I haven't been able to reproduce that error. I run Adobe Reader 9 as well as Adobe Acrobat. Anyone else get this problem? Try updating Adobe reader and see if the problem persists.

Also I discovered that I forgot to update the Ork Table of Contents. Some of the later page numbers are incorrect :p

edit: Ah, Now I understand what you mean. In the tables towards the end. Well. My guess is that those behind the word documents used some special font to get the small wrench (essentially it is a wingdings-type font). l Since I don't have that font on my computer it simply showed up as a "c" when I opened the document. One possible solution would be to add a small picture of a wrench instead. Gonna take a bit of tinkering but it should be doable.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zap123 @ Oct. 19 2009, 02:32 )

For the most part I think they should be relatively easy to fix.  What I have so far:

Adeptes Astartes:

1/ The description for the Drop Pods (P22) is incomplete.  It needs the following added to finish it:

"attacks and the pods have no further effect, but the models remain on the board and may be shot at and destroyed for Break Point calculations.
4) Place the Assault and Support Pods within 20 cm of the landing point and not touching any unit, and scatter them 2D6 cm. After placing them, point to each one and roll a D6. On a 3+ it opens. If it fails, try again in each Compulsory Movement Phase until it does open. Troops disembark on Advance Orders and lose the normal 5 cm of movement for leaving a transport. Support Pods that open deploy plasma gun platforms and always fire in the First Fire Phase.
Pods that land on another model (friend or foe) cause a hit with –3 TSM. The pod itself is unharmed if it lands on a Vehicle-class or smaller unit, and is destroyed by anything larger. If the target has active shields the pod knocks down one shield before being destroyed."

2/ The Desert Lions 11th company should have only 2 Robot Detachments (P32)

Orks

1/ The Steam Gargant is missing.  No description, no template, no army card, no statistics summary.
2/ The Blasta Bomma has a description, but no army card or statistic line.
3/ The Supa Stomper is the same as 2/
4/ The Following was added to the Notes section for each Gargant Template:

"Unsaved hits on Hull locations cause a fire on a 6 result.  Otherwise there is no effect."

This should probably replace the existing Note in the templates as I don't know where "must move toward closest enemy" came from.

That's it from me so far.  I'll try and fine tooth comb things once I stop going Oooo and Ahhh at the books!   :yay:

I just had one of those slap on the forehead moments. While double checking your suggestions (especially regarding the Drop Pod) with the eratta document I was sent, I just discovered that the eratta continues onto a second page  :suspect:  :_(  :angry:  I have aboslutely no idea how I was able to miss that the first time around.
My bad. I'll have to rectify that and add those last eratta right away.

Regarding the Steam Gargant: I guess that's an addition from a newer document than the ones that the Ork Gold Book was originally based on (It is one of the four books that was started 4 years ago). Not exactly sure how I managed to get eratta that included unit descriptions for stuff like the Supa Stompa and Bommer, but not stuff like the actual stats and of course the Steamgargant.
I guess that's what happens when a project like this gets put on ice for that long. Luckily it is not all that difficult to correct. The Chaos book currently in the works is made from scratch, so hopefully there won't be this type of errors.
...Though I dread to think about what kind of surprises the IG book will bring :D I suppose I could upload the temporary book for proof reading so the new errata can be implemented before I give it the graphic overhaul)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Are there any plans to print a HardCopy volume of the rules,
perhaps utilizing the precedents and  existing flow of resources
that Moscovian has implemented for E:A Raiders & Siege?
(eg the preexisting Donation to Charity & print shop networking
via 'Raiders and Crusaders, Inc.)
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/forums....scovian

I'd happily prepay for the netEpic Gold Core RuleBook,
and the Marines, Eldar & Chaos supplements...

...Heck: I'd probably buy the whole set, were they to all be printed
(not likely to be done in one go-round, nor certainly not all in one book!)!
But:
:Ikonforums:
I picture one 'GoldenBook'
{perhaps with two armies, similair to the original Epic2 releases}
every 3-6 months, starting with the Core Rulebook,
and also the most popular two armies in a sperate supplement.

I'm guessing at a release schedule of
1) Marines/Chaos, 2) Eldar/Orks, 3) Guard/Squats, 4) Necrons/Tyranid
(etc, et al).
If done once a Quarter, those would take a year to print
(within the 40 month window Moscovian has with Raiders&Crusaders, Inc).

Sound Feasible, or a Pipe Dream?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Volstagg @ Oct. 19 2009, 15:42 )

Are there any plans to print a HardCopy volume of the rules,
perhaps utilizing the precedents and  existing flow of resources
that Moscovian has implemented for E:A Raiders & Siege?
(eg the preexisting Donation to Charity & print shop networking)
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/forums....scovian

I'd happily prepay for the Basic Book,
and the Marines, Eldar & Chaos supplements.

I'd probably buy the whole set, were they to all be printed....
...not likely to be done in one go-round, nor not all in one book!!
But:

I picture one book
{perhaps with two armies, similair to the original Epic2 releases}
every 3-6 months,
starting with the Core Rulebook and the most popular two armies in supplement.

I'm guessing at a release schedule of
Marines/Chaos, Eldar/Orks, Guard/Squats, Necrons/Tyranid.
If done once a Quarter, that would take a year to print.

Sound Feasible, or a Pipe Dream?

Hmmm - probable pipe dream for legal reasons :S.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This would be Primarch's table, but an "Epic Raiders" style print run is certainly possible. It is possible that it might have to be split up into several books, as the final volume will be somewhere in the 500+ pages...if not more. It would still be somewhat off in the horizon as the individual books should be done first, and (judging from the feedback here) some more bugs need to be ironed out  :laugh:  
Right now I think the priority should be to have all books in a reasonable shape and publically available ASAP. Then we'll purge the errors that turn up. With these kinds of publications you'll usually see errors creeping in all the time, almost no matter how many times you proof read. The trick is not to get stuck in endless proofread/errata implementation runs so you lose the momentum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (netepic @ Oct. 19 2009, 15:46 )

Hmmm - probable pipe dream for legal reasons :S.

Oh, I dunno 'bout that-
Moscovian is asking for additional supplements
for Raiders and Crusaders, Inc to accomplish:
all those obstacles have (more or less)
already been negotiated over the past ten years-
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/forums....5;st=20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Update: I have corrected the errors in the Adeptus Astartes book that has been found so far (+ a few more that hasn't been discovered :p). I have no idea how these errors happened. After double checking the document it seems most of the original eratta was in fact added, but there's just a few changes that for some mysterious reason must have missed my attention.

Anyway: Please keep them coming. We better catch as many of them as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:53 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Is there a version number included in the book? If not, it might worth adding so that a player can know exactly which version they're using.

So this version might be 'Gold (pre-release)' the final final one just 'Gold' and then any subsequent releases 'Gold (update 1)', 'Gold (update 2)', etc...

Awesome work!!! Thanks to everyone involved  :grin:

Armyforge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wonderful job Warmeistro!

My hat is off to you.

:D

/Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (adam77 @ Oct. 19 2009, 21:53 )

Is there a version number included in the book? If not, it might worth adding so that a player can know exactly which version they're using.

So this version might be 'Gold (pre-release)' the final final one just 'Gold' and then any subsequent releases 'Gold (update 1)', 'Gold (update 2)', etc...

Awesome work!!! Thanks to everyone involved  :grin:

Hm. It is not a bad idea per se, but I'd rather not give people the impression that Gold will be a dynamically updated rulebook. This probably requires a bit of explaining: The plan was to have the Gold books done as a one off project, with any subsequent changes being done as an eratta file. The reason being, that once you start fiddeling with a lot of images and stuff it becomes rather difficult to add stuff like new units without making significant changes to the layout. Eg. you have a full page of unit descriptions that ends before a new spread, where you have an image that is two pages wide. If you then want to add one more unit description, you actually have to fill in two entire new pages before the spread. That's a lot of filler... :p

That's why I asked for a reasonably finished file to work from when Primarch asked me to resume the project. Minor changes like a points change is easy enough, but entire paragraphs of text or new unit additions causes alot of headaches. The main reason for the eratta posted here is because I decided to finish the 4 books that I started 4 years ago, which are based on an older version of NetEpic 5.0. As you can see quite a few things have slipped past my attention while comparing the two versions and updating the Gold book as I found changes. Admitted, this may not have been the most fool-proof method, but since both the Core rules, Marine, Ork and IG books were all about 80-90% finished, this was still alot quicker than starting from scratch. The problem should be greatly reduced once we get to the new books as they are based entirely on the most recent NetEpic files. Then I expect the errors to be stuff like table errors mainly (which is easy enough to fix).

I'll of course add all the eratta suggested here when I got time and have the files replaced, but the priority is getting new books ready. Hopefully CS won't mind replacing the files.  :p

The idea is that once all the finished books hit the EpiCentre (and possibly go into print), no changes will be made in the forseeable future, and people should consult an eratta document for any new additions and/or eratta. Thus we could call these "Gold beta" for the time being, but there probably won't be "Gold v2.0" or something like that done...at least in a LONG time.

PS: Of course the Chaos book I'm currently working on will be up for proof reading before being uploaded to TacComms. I'll temporarily upload it to my own site and then people can post eratta and report errors.  :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (sanjuro @ Oct. 19 2009, 09:49 )

in standard flyer rules:
we agreed to the following: Landing transports lose their + 25 cm bonus, since their not flying high anymore

p.34: Arc of fire box
Flyer rules state that flyers have an arc of fire of 180°, in the Arc of Fire box there is still the old value of 360°.

flamers:
a note that flamers on FF can shoot at charging enemies (as stated in NE4.0 FAQ, affirmed later for 5.0 as well)

from the NE 5.0 errata:

Page 17. Under the Floaters Special Ability #8, replace "while at high altitude" with "while in the air".

Page 17. Under the Fliers Special Ability #1, replace "other than bolters (or their equivalent)" with "other than
Point Defense".

Speaking of experience, some clarifications that were omitted in 5.0 would be nice for newbies to have again:

shooting out of close combat rules
are missing. (remember, the discussion with the pinning groups?)

Snap-Fire:
"Units cannot Snap Fire and make a pop-up attack. The unit must already have LOS in order to make use of Snap Fire."

Cumulative Damage on Titan Hit locations:
Would be nice to state that the damage roll bonus is permanent and dependent on the exact location.

That's it for now  :sleep:

Thanks. :smile: A few clairifications:

1) Any particular idea how to formulate this?

2) Is this for fliers only, or floaters and fliers alike?

3) Where should this be added? Ie. What text should be added and where in the rules?

4&5: Same: Are these for the Floater& Flier rules or the Alternate Floater & Flier rules?

6: Could you post the "Shooting out of Close Combat rules" here and a suggestion where to add them please? Also are these a regular rule or special rule?

7: Where should it be added? And is it a regular rule or special rule?

8: Add where?

The Core rules are rather tightly packed but I'll see if I can squeeze the changes in :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next