Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

NETEPIC GOLD DOWNLOAD LINKS - FINALIZED

Post subject: NETEPIC GOLD DOWNLOAD LINKS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (sanjuro @ Oct. 19 2009, 08:49 )

shooting out of close combat rules
are missing. (remember, the discussion with the pinning groups?)

They are there.  See Firing Ranged Weapons (P33)

As for the Flyers stuff, the only change should be to the Alternate Flyers rules.  We should change the "Shoot the Thin Part" rule in both Floaters and Flyers section to:

4) Shoot the Thin Part: Flyer and Floater attacks come from above and always get an additional –1 TSM 'side armor' bonus when they are at High Altitude. While gaining the benefit of Shoot the Thin Part they do not get a 'rear armor' bonus, and this bonus only applies against things that suffer from a side or rear-armor penalty in the first place. Flyers and Floaters at low altitude or on the ground ignore this rule.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

WMN, I think its a good idea to make available the text file your going to use for a book before insertion, so as to pick up as many omissions as possible.

Of course, I'd like to stress, its for omissions and errata, NOT rules discussion.  :laugh:

On a side note, I'm discussing with Moscovian the possibility of a raiders style book. For now, we don't need to worry about the particulars. I will decide on this when its all done and discuss with everyone on the forums the options.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is a wonderful achievement. I wondered how Ork army book could be such a huge file until I opened it... Sweet!

I didn't bother reading the details - other rule-savvy members will find minor errors better than me.

I'd just like to know if you plan to do some hardback version of it. Perhaps after a round of corrections I guess. But as an European player, I'd certainly prefer have it printed in the US and sent to me, so I'd avoid all those page format issues.

Keep up the good work, I can't imagine having the entire collection on my shelves! At least, something to show in conventions!!
- What is NetEpic?
- It's THAT, have a look!  :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (primarch @ Oct. 20 2009, 11:04 )

On a side note, I'm discussing with Moscovian the possibility of a raiders style book.

Please, please, please, please.  :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm not saying anything... Just hypothetically, however, what kind of binding do you NetEpic players ideally see on your books?  If you were to have a book (and I am not saying you are).  Just a whimsical question on my part, really.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like ring binding, it is sturdy.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Perfect Binding:

It is much easier to ring-bind a perfect bind
than to de-ring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool: i hadn't realised that those were Bans' drawings; they're ace :-)

I'm trying to get my head around some of this NetEpic stuff but plan on having a game or two soon for comparison sakes...will post a batrep with how i get on but don't hold your breath too long; bit busy this end!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yup, Zap is right. It was not my intend to sneak in my point of view, I just completely forgot we discussed the alternative flier rules  :oops:

So here is the revised version of my errata, cleared from my own errors  :grinning:
I have included suggestions of how to formulate some points as being requested by WMN. Keep in mind, I am not a native speaker of ze Inglisch, hence a revision of my humble efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Rulebook:

1) p.28: Description "Forest":
discard the following relict from NE4: "(or use artillery)"  
it is not possible to shoot troops in woods with artillery anymore, sentence is misleading.

2)  p.34: Anti-Aircraft Box:
Last sentence: "are consi_t_ered aerial targets."

3) in alternative flyer rules, p25, text in box to the right, add: "Landing flyers do not receive this range bonus." Insert after last sentence before Close Combat

4) P.19, Paragraph 3.2, Firing at a charging unit, add: "Template weapons with no range, like Flamethrowers, may be used as well to fire at a charging unit."

The next two points are valid for both, the standard and the alternative flyer rules. The stuff in parentheses references to the alt rules.

5)  Page 24,(p.26): Under the Floaters Special Ability #8(#7), replace "while at high altitude" with "while in the air".

6)  P.24, (p.26) Under the Fliers Special Ability #1(#1), replace "other than bolters (or their equivalent)" with "other than
Point Defense".

The following is, as far as I understand, a standard rule. Although apparent from the text in Gold(targets of opportunity must be seen in order to snap fire at them), the explicit explanation for pop-up attacks was removed for NE 5. Woud be nice for newbies to put it back in

7) p.19, Snap Fire Box, insert after 2nd sentence: "This means that you cannot make a pop-up attack in order to Snap Fire."
p.22, Pop-Up Attack Box: Add after last sentence:" A Pop-Up Attack may not be used to Snap Fire."

8) p.46, paragraph 3, add before last sentence:"The damage bonus is permanent and relates to the exact hit-location that has been hit."

Adeptus Astartes:

9) p.16, Long Fangs paragraph. add: "Long Fangs are incredibly stalwart fighters, and can only be broken by destroying all Long Fang stands."

10) p.33: change BP of 3 to: "4(stands)"

Land Raider Company
11) p.30: chance cost to 700

cheers sanjuro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks Man of ken!
I'm wanted to draw more illustrations but I didn't have enought time, maybe with the next books ( if we do them) like Necrons or Tau I can help a little more.

If primarch wants I can draw something for tau, necrons and sisters of battle, but first we must leave WMN and Primarch to finish the corebook, astartes, orks, IG, chaos and eldar.

Primarch again : I know that I'm pending to send the sister's drawings if you need them send me a mail. I will resend to WMN as soon as the illustrations has been finished.  

thanks again
Bans

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It’s not a rules system I choose to play myself but I’ve been having a browse through the three the last few days and I have to say the painted models are of exceptional quality and the army scenes are absolutely stunning! The art and backgrounds are cool and the cover is just drop dead awesome and the single best epic battle shot ever (don't suppose the original photo is about about anywhere? I'd love to have that as my desktop wallpaper), that's what like an entire marine chapter in battle with multiple Emperor class titans in support? A truly epic battle that beats the pants off anything from any of the official GW epic rulebooks! :sign1:

Fantastic work all who contributed to this :agree: :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Glyn. :)
Well since the pic is in the rulebook I also happen to have it on my computer. What size would you like it in?

On a different note: I've incorporated the changes to the Core and Marine books (gave me a chance to reshuffle a couple of images in the Marine book too, after I got permission from Stugmeister to use some of his wonderfull pictures.

I'll temporarily upload the new documents to my own site and change the links here untill Cybershadow has a chance to reupload the new files to TacComms.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (sanjuro @ Oct. 21 2009, 10:39 )

5)  Page 24,(p.26): Under the Floaters Special Ability #8(#7), replace "while at high altitude" with "while in the air".

This change should not be made.  It was agreed that the Shoot the Thin Part should not apply at low altitude.  Rationale being that a flyer at low altitude is at the equivalent height of a unit popping up (or lower - low flyers can get cover from buildings!) and units do not get this advantage popping up.  

One that should be made:

Astartes book.

P36 - Wolf Guard Terminator - should have Command added to Notes column (Command, Elite, HQ, Inspirational)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (bans @ Oct. 21 2009, 09:43 )

thanks Man of ken!
I'm wanted to draw more illustrations but I didn't have enought time, maybe with the next books ( if we do them) like Necrons or Tau I can help a little more.

If primarch wants I can draw something for tau, necrons and sisters of battle, but first we must leave WMN and Primarch to finish the corebook, astartes, orks, IG, chaos and eldar.

Primarch again : I know that I'm pending to send the sister's drawings if you need them send me a mail. I will resend to WMN as soon as the illustrations has been finished.  

thanks again
Bans

Hi!

Bans we could use LOTS of illustrations for the necron/slann and the Tau. Since those books are towards the end, you got time to whip some up.  :)

Send the SOB ones to WMN when ready, that book should be close on the "to do list".

Thanks Bans!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zap123 @ Oct. 21 2009, 19:42 )

Quote: (sanjuro @ Oct. 21 2009, 10:39 )

This change should not be made.  It was agreed that the Shoot the Thin Part should not apply at low altitude.  Rationale being that a flyer at low altitude is at the equivalent height of a unit popping up (or lower - low flyers can get cover from buildings!) and units do not get this advantage popping up.  

One that should be made:

Astartes book.

P36 - Wolf Guard Terminator - should have Command added to Notes column (Command, Elite, HQ, Inspirational)

Hi!

Just for the record, Zap, as our editor in chief (yeah, yeah, I just promoted you!  :laugh: ), has the final say on errata going to WMN. Remember no more rules discussions, only errata at this point.

As an aside, I'm making a new thread regarding some points I discussed with Moscovian regarding a print version. I would like your thoughts and input.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next