Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Epic Podcast

Post subject: Re: Epic Podcast
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fangface wrote:
Hmm, yeah, when I look at the break points. Wow, I mean, just looking at Gold rules, am I missing something?
It says bp is 17 + model for the Iron Breaker C. If I count the number of infantry that is (1 warlord + 9 combat stands + 2 HG + berserker detachment (5 stands) -> 1+9+2+5 = 17).
So....that means you have to wipe them all out? I must be missing something? If not, then yeah, I can see why that company card is valuable.
I mean, no other company card containing infantry is that strong (except the IB Helbore company)?

Is it the same in 2nd edition? Sounds almost to good to be true :)

There's a little typo in your calculation - it should be 1+9+2+10 = 23 (2 squads of 5 Berserkers).

In 2nd the break point is a straight 18 for the Iron Breakers so it meant that the Leviathan being destroyed is equivalent to taking out a single infantry stand!

Even though you don't have to completely wipe them out, when you face them, it definitely feels like it! It's that Stubborn rule where the Break Points are 75% rather than the usual 50% that really makes a difference and means that they can take terrible punishment without handing over VPs to the opponent. Again, when you go out of your way to ram your forces full of companies as I do, the frustration factor for an opponent can be pretty demoralising!

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To be honest, it was not a typo. It says in netepic gold:
Quote:
Warlord & 9 Combat stands
2x Hearthguard stand & Berserker Detachment
Leviathan

And I read it as 2 Hearth Guards and a berserker detachment. So I honestly thought it was 2 HGs and 1 berserker detachment. A bit odd I thought with those 2 HGs, but well well :)
But now when you point it out it's of course 2x (hearthguard+berserker detachment).

That actually makes my whole calculation in my initial post completely wrong, the Ironbreaker company doesn't look as "bad" anomore :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fangface wrote:
To be honest, it was not a typo. It says in netepic gold:
Quote:
Warlord & 9 Combat stands
2x Hearthguard stand & Berserker Detachment
Leviathan

And I read it as 2 Hearth Guards and a berserker detachment. So I honestly thought it was 2 HGs and 1 berserker detachment. A bit odd I thought with those 2 HGs, but well well :)
But now when you point it out it's of course 2x (hearthguard+berserker detachment).

That actually makes my whole calculation in my initial post completely wrong, the Ironbreaker company doesn't look as "bad" anomore :)

Excellent point! I was so familiar with the Squats before Net Epic - and continued to use the 2nd Edition cards for gameplay (which had the silhouettes showing which elements make up the unit) even though the costings can be slightly different - I'd never have picked up on that. I agree, it should read:

Warlord & 9 Combat Stands
2 x Hearthguard stands
2 x Berserker Detachments
Leviathan

Apologies also for thinking it was a typo on your post, my misktake!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No need to apologize, I just thought it was fun I didn't realise it myself, so obvious when you pointed it out :) But hey, I said it was to good to be true ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Bissler, long time no see :).

Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into all of this. I will catch up with listening to all these podcasts, I promise. I started listening to the Eldar one, but work keeps interrupting me, so I will have to finish listening another time.

I noticed one thing at the start of the Eldar podcast. You referred to the podcast as Epic 40,000. Surely you meant to just say Space Marine or Net Epic ;)?

I'lll also contribute list ideas as and when I can for Eldar and Chaos. I am feeling nostalgic now and I wish that I could play some games.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hoping the new podcast is out soon - looking forward to your thoughts on the Tyranids

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Irisado wrote:
Hi Bissler, long time no see :).

Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into all of this. I will catch up with listening to all these podcasts, I promise. I started listening to the Eldar one, but work keeps interrupting me, so I will have to finish listening another time.

I noticed one thing at the start of the Eldar podcast. You referred to the podcast as Epic 40,000. Surely you meant to just say Space Marine or Net Epic ;)?

I'lll also contribute list ideas as and when I can for Eldar and Chaos. I am feeling nostalgic now and I wish that I could play some games.

Apologies, I haven't been on here for a good while! Good to hear from you again!

Yeah, I don't think I meant to say that, but I often refer to it as that because a lot of people don't know what Space Marine or Net Epic are unless they're already in the know. I totally appreciate that is a different game. All of these are long since locked down and the audio (and Youtube videos) deleted off my computer so unfortunately they're that way forever, sorry! And yes, I'd be keen to see those army lists!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sam0096 wrote:
Hoping the new podcast is out soon - looking forward to your thoughts on the Tyranids

Apologies to you too, Sam! Yes, Craig is hunting me about the Tyranids podcast because we recorded it ages ago. It's half-edited, but that's no use to anyone! Another one (of several) items on my radar! I'll make a point of sharing it here when it's done!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Apologies, I haven't been on here for a good while! Good to hear from you again!

Yeah, I don't think I meant to say that, but I often refer to it as that because a lot of people don't know what Space Marine or Net Epic are unless they're already in the know. I totally appreciate that is a different game. All of these are long since locked down and the audio (and Youtube videos) deleted off my computer so unfortunately they're that way forever, sorry! And yes, I'd be keen to see those army lists!

I only log in from time to time myself, so no worries on that front.

I am currently at my parent's house and I have access to all my cards. I hope to put together an army list at some point while I am here. I will post it in this topic once I have sorted it out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantastic, I'll watch out for that!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any update on the next podcast? Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Tyranids.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sam0096 wrote:
Any update on the next podcast? Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Tyranids.

Hi Sam, yes I'm 10 months overdue with it so apologies that it's taken so long! It's all my fault, I've been a disgrace when it comes to editing podcasts of late. The good news is that I finalised it all the other day and it will be live on my Youtube channel on Thursday at 5pm GMT. I'll try to remember to drop the link here as soon as it's live! Thanks for being patient way beyond anything that was reasonable!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No need to apologise, life has a habit of getting in the way! Really glad to hear it'll be out soon. I had my first game of Epic in over 10 years last weekend with armies based largely on ones you had described in your Podcasts - thank you for re-energising my love for Epic!

Attachments:
Game 2.jpg
Game 2.jpg [ 910.17 KiB | Viewed 2453 times ]
Game 3.jpg
Game 3.jpg [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 2453 times ]
Game 1.jpg
Game 1.jpg [ 854.19 KiB | Viewed 2453 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, that's fantastic, Sam! If we've played any part, however minor, in rekindling your love for Epic, then I'm absolutely delighted about that! Your armies look great and I'm loving the exotic forests, they've got a real alien environment feel about them! My earth-like trees look very dull by comparison!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The wait is finally over - the Tyranids have landed! Thanks to everyone who kept the faith that this would happen!

https://youtu.be/Ik3Eg93UTGo

We'll be recording one more podcast episode to tie up the whole series so if you have any questions or things you'd like to hear us discuss about 2nd Edition or Net Epic, please drop them below!

Cheers!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next