Login |  Register |  FAQ

State of the Microworld 2016

Post subject: State of the Microworld 2016
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So 2015 didn't go entirely to plan, so here is hoping 2016 goes a bit better.

The main source of the delays has been the large nature of some of the releases I am trying to pull off. They are difficult both in terms of money and actual development resources (art, moldmaking, casting) which can be a challenge to schedule due to the large amount of miniature companies and kickstarters out there. Sometimes it is difficult just getting the scheduling right.

Microwasteland

The first release, consisting of 13 codes, is currently bagged and ready to go. A large chunk will be shipping to Vanguard Miniatures in the UK by the end of next week. As soon as they are close to being up in Vanguard's store, I will release them on the site. I will tentatively say maybe late May, depending on the luck of customs.

In terms of further releases for the year, I have already previewed a couple packs worth of cars and their accompanying operators in another thread. I expect these to follow the initial release some time in August.

Other definites for this year are a second wave of mutie releases as well as some superheavy vehicles, large war rigs and the like.

6mm Scifi

The main priority for 6mm scifi releases are finally pushing out the modular supertank and accompanying vehicles and infantry. These are all at the moldmakers, but I really have no idea of when they will be finished, as it is something like 25 molds worth of stuff. I'm currently struggling with how to sell the modular tank itself. I will definitely have individual parts for sale so people can mix and match, but I think I may also make a bunch of preset builds for one-click shopping. I'm really hoping these will be ready to sell by July.

Aside from the above, there is a bunch of random stuff to be released, like the scifi ratkin and the desert-themed infantry. For the latter, the only thing left to sculpt are some heavy weapon teams. These will most likely not see release until October of this year.

6mm Fantasy

The remaining Renaissance stuff is being sculpted now. This line, upon release, will have a whopping 33 codes, which is giant and absurd, but I have had bad experiences sales-wise in releasing lines in smaller parts. I expect the whole crazy line to be released in September of this year, with preorders possibly opening earlier.

Due to the fact that I probably won't have all the sculpts for the Renaissance in hand until early June, I have some other fantasy stuff almost ready for release in June, including packs for the beastmen, demons, and tangentially the dread elves.

So that is basically the roadmap:

May - Microwasteland 1
June - Mixed fantasy releases
July - Modular Supertank and friends
August - Microwasteland wave 2 (possibly muties also if they are ready by then)
September - 6mm Renaissance
October - Scifi Ratkin and Deseert Warriors

The end of the year I am currently leaving open, in case any of the above slip. I am definitely getting the fantasy rats sculpted this year, although whether or not I can squeeze them into this year's release I don't know, given the tight schedule. I have a ridiculous amount of other stuff in various stages of completion. A fantasy all-goblin army, bugbear concept art, concept art for the Dregs scifi faction which will be an entire army of scifi abhumans, 8mm tall scifi supermutant/ogres sculpted, Elf concept art, concept art for an entirely new, separate fantasy universe, dieselpunk stuff....

I have a lot riding on the Renaissance and Supertank releases, hopefully it will pay off :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld 2016
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How about some previews?

Some Bloat Beasts for the demon army:

Beastkin Brutes and Lesser Cyclops which I think I have previewed elsewhere before:

These, I am really excited about. Lesser Beastkin, with a size comparison so people can see they are indeed shorter than the standard beastmen:

A nice family shot:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Next up we have some harpies of both the feathered and bat variety.

These and the lesser Beastkin were done by a new sculptor using Zbrush, who is also my main moldmaker / caster, so he is a multi-talented guy.

Size comparison:

An finally some shots of the Desert infantry:

Size Comparison:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:22 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

great harpies, will those be in a mixed pack with both types?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Very cool!

May 2016 see your goals fulfilled!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Brilliant news, and many thanks for the timeline , Plenty of stuff in that line up i am looking forward to getting my hands on ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks guys!

@Apoc
I was thinking of molding them separately so I could sell them in separate packs. I'm just afraid one type will be more popular than the other.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Those harpies are awesome!!!

Harpies and desert troops are going straight to my want list.
Lots of cool stuff to look forward to this year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some wonderful looking sculpts as usual. Looking forward to the releases. Definitely going to have to buy some harpies although the bat winged version might just end up in my undead army. Good to Herr ratmen coming at some point too. Please keep up the wonderful work!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really looking forward to the renaissance stuff and skaven! Can you say what's in store for dread elves? Those harpies are awesome, I need to get back into 6mm fantasy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Best of luck for 2016. Really liked my first order from you, looking forward to squeezing more models into my schedule this year. I'll have to buy you lunch some time for all your hard work!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great to see the schedule, I think I'm in for just about everything to some degree or another, but the wasteland stuff, supertanks, and renaissance fantasy are right in my wheelhouse, so I'll be picking up lots.

Edit - and my annual pitch for 6mm halfing archers - no one makes them!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I do like those Desert troops !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Getting excited for this years releases!

Those harpies are gorgeous! Could happily adopt a few for both fantasy and sci-fi!

A little disappointed that the rats are so far down the year (though I understand why they are! ;) )
Mostly because I was holding out for them to place an order for the few odds n ends I wanted to finish up projects I am currently working on. This way I am going to end up buying the odds n ends as well of some of the new stuff which is going to bog me down with more new projects! Oh well, good for your bank not so good for me! :D

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I may have asked this in the past, but any hope of a restock on the Charybdis Surface-to-Orbit Laser? It's been sold out for what seems like forever, and it just stays on your site...

...mocking me...

A lot of other things seem to be going out of stock, too, namely the TEF, the Pax Arcadians... The panic-buying urge is rising, if they're just going into retirement.