Login |  Register |  FAQ

Wartorn Beta v1.3

Post subject: Wartorn Beta v1.3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello my fellow taccomers, Wartorn is still in the works and the newest edition is posted on the microworld website.

http://www.microworldgames.com/collecti ... tasy/Rules

I'm hoping people will download the new rules and tell me what you all think, good and bad. Even if your not interested in fantasy gaming but you consider yourself a kind of rules lawyer take a look and let me know what you think.

I have completed 11 army lists so far.
Undead
Beastmen
Orcs and Goblins
Dread Elves
Dark Alliance
Dwarves
Wood Elves
Lizardmen
Demon
Firmament
Hobgoblin

I really tried to make each army feel different but follow a classic fantasy feel for the race's. I hope you like what you see and can see the subtle difference's in each army as well as the differences in the spells. I am currently working on creating 6 different schools of magic that each army will have atleast access to 1 of the schools in most cases 2 schools. This way you can differentiate your armies even more from the basic template.

The layout is basic on the format of the file because i had to send over a file that was rather bland to Rastman as he is helping me create this into a killer pdf that will hopefully be bound into a full color rulebook.

Thanks,
Steven-

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Wartorn Beta v1.3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Anyone take a look? Any comments? Good/Bad, anyone try it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:28 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looks very interesting, combines elements from EA and Warmaster. Will certainly give this a try.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd really appreciate that, if you actually get a game going a small batrep would be awesome! 750 points is a good standard sized battle. 500 is a small battle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:43 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Sure thing, going to proxy with my 10mm warmaster stuff as the factions over lap and base sizes match up. I'm sure I can swing a 500 point match in the near future and post a BatRap up for you with some more useful comments.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've been thinking about the basing for this game some. I was wondering what peoples thoughts where if i removed the ranks completely from the game and did a standard base size like, 8cm front 4cm's deep for each unit. 4cmx4cm for giant monsters and cannon which usually can be upgrade to contain 2 sets of guns for a base size of 8cmX4cm. I would also add a morale stat to each base, when they take that many wounds they take a break test and then lose a leadership(leadership is lost if they break or not?). So some formation will have higher morale and be a lot harder to break others will have low morale(goblins) and break easy. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Blind-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That basing would be good for me, all of my artillery, infantry and cavalry are on 40mmx20mm, with giant models on 40x40 and characters on 25mm round. Just my two cents worth, but it may be better all around to not tie the rules to any specific base size. It'll open it up to allow people to use what they have and not need to rebase or build sabot bases. Take that with a grain of salt though. I have yet to get enough stuff painted to even play.

regards, Bill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

BillBartlett45 wrote:
Just my two cents worth, but it may be better all around to not tie the rules to any specific base size. It'll open it up to allow people to use what they have and not need to rebase or build sabot bases.

That's something I'd support, too. With fantasy stuff based up for one/two other games anyway, I wouldn't want to have to rebase or build spacers for everything to get people to try this too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So I'm thinking about setting a standard if you want to follow for my game, but you can use any size as long as it's uniform. It's really hard to predict all the base sizes. But besides the base sizes do you think the rank removal will impact the game negatively.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I prefer larger base sizes and use 8cm x 5cm. This partly because I think a unit that size looks impressive and partly to save moving a large number of smaller more fiddly bases. The extra depth allows room for 6mm dice containers to be glued to the base. The dice themselves can be used to denote wounds etc. If you use number base six instead of decimal two dice side by side can represent any number from zero to forty five. Or forty six if you cheat slightly with six and six.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The core rules are pretty solid, but I feel that the army lists, more specifically formation upgrades, are a bit boring.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LeCacty wrote:
The core rules are pretty solid, but I feel that the army lists, more specifically formation upgrades, are a bit boring.

The idea was to get the core rules to quote you a "solid" state. Then work on addsing in items to add to units to make them better and different. One of the things I wanted to do was make it so each army could do a couple different types of magic so armies could customize the feel and play style of each army. The upgrades are boring as they haven't been flushed out. Any ideas you have for me? And what worked really well in the rules and what should be loooked at?

Thanks for your comments,
Blind-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You need a pure human faction, I think. Like 'the Empire' or something.