Login |  Register |  FAQ

Wartorn 4 rules question (heavy armor)

Post subject: Wartorn 4 rules question (heavy armor)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Question Heavy Armor.

"Invulnerable save – Invulnerable saves can come from many things such as, divine protection, or a magical trinket. An invulnerable save always lets a unit or character have a 6+ to save from damage."

and

"Heavy Armor – Units with heavy armor such as mounted knights, get a 6+ invulnerable save on any failed armor save, or get a 6+ armor save when none is allowed."

yet under a combat example.......... "but if you look at Teds Hirdmen they have the special rule Heavy-armor. Heavy-armor gives you a 5+ invulnerable save allowing you to re-roll any failed armor save at 5+. Ted re-rolls and gets 3,6, "

I assume that it was a typo on the combat example ?

And what if exotic weapon (-1 to armor class) is used against someone with a 6+ save ?
Can I assume that model doesn't get a save ?

U.D.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Wartorn 4 rules question (heavy armor)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good catch!

So the rules have gone through some refinements and i havent pulled that part out with Ted's Hirdmen(rules are being updated as we are typing this). Heavy armor used to allow a 5+ invulnerable save, i reduced it to 6+ and anything that has an invulnerable save gets a 6+ save unless otherwise stated, in rare circumstances that have yet to come up yet a figure may be allowed a greater then 6+ invulnerable save.

A formations armor value is their standard save. I know your interested in Undead so lets take a look at them from the download you have. We will be looking at the Wight Cavalry formation.

Wight Cavalry: 204 points per formation, 4 stands.
Movement: 25cm
Health: 3
Attacks/to hit:4/4+
Command: 7
Armor: 4+
Special rules: Fear, Shamble, Mindless, Exotic Weapons, Heavy Armor, Trample.

So if we look at this stand it has an armor save of 4+, so any damage the stand takes can roll a d6 for each wound and try and save on a 4+. Exotic weapons reduce this to a save of 5+ and crushing allows no armor save. How heavy armor works is it allows an extra chance to save that can not be modified at all. For example, i shoot with my bows from my woodelf bowmen and hit you 3 times, i give a -1 save for piercing ranged weapon. you would roll 3 d6 and try and get a 5+ to save. lets say you failed two of your saves, heavy armor would allow you to roll an additional save for the 2 that failed at 6+. It makes some formations a ton more durable. Also if those 3 attacks would have had crushing on them (no armor saves), you would not get to roll an armor save but you would still get your normal 6+ invulnerable save.

Hope this clears up some confusions,
Blind-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks.

How about a skeleton (6+ save) getting hit by an exotic weapon?

He doesn't get an armor save?

U.D.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes sir, the skeleton would just die.