Login |  Register |  FAQ

State of the Microworld 2021

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld 2021
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear about the flood, hope you can recover soon, and wish you that 2022 will be easier on you.

Gerard

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We'll be standing by !!!! Yeah 2021 kind of sucked overall !!!!

Attachments:
136959972_283484150049193_5727218658122013598_n.png
136959972_283484150049193_5727218658122013598_n.png [ 459.03 KiB | Viewed 5625 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Despot29, can you give us a quick update.

Thanks

Gerard (Templar2) ☺

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry for the delay, I usually get notifications for new posts, I must have missed this one.

Things are definitely better, I have the new workshop mostly set up, and I am caught up on orders which is great, although my fulfillment time is definitely a bit longer for certain things due to my work schedule.

I got one of the printers set back up and ran a bunch of Stahlritter tanks to restock. I have not been brave enough to try it out in the garage yet. It gets to the mid 50s sometimes at night…not sure what that does to the resin in the vat. I may experiment with heating it a bit with a hair dryer to start it off. I have a new photon mono 4k cming to test, because I like the way they sell pre-tensioned FEP for it. I almost pulled the trigger on the Sonic 8k…but managed to hold myself back.

I am finally getting to a place where I think I can realistically talk about a release schedule again. There is going to be a ridiculous avalanche of releases coming up as the release blockage begins to give way. December will see the 3mm dwarves released straight to retail. 3mm Goblins will almost certainly follow in January.

Later February will see the release of the much-delayed Bronze Age first wave…a gigantic line. Some items needed to be re-molded for that as I was not happy with the quality, and the flood delayed those being sent out.

March/April – Pretty big 6mm scifi release, bunch of tanks and infantry. Possibly the last tanks I ever release in metal, 6mm versions of National Cheese Emporium’s Team Kukri. Originally intended as a Kickstarter, again, just going straight to retail.

That is all I feel comfortable committing to at this point for hard timeframes. I would like to get back to running some Kickstarter’s, but only if time allows with the day job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post April next year? In terms of things that are either totally done sculpting or will be done within the next month or two…6mm Elves from Martin Baker, definitely (they have been sculpted for ages). A rather large Renaissance expansion, redoing all of the pikemen to have larger pikes, completing pretty much all you would need for the bulk of Renaissance battles in Western Europe. Old/Middle Kingdom Egyptians with Nubians and Libyans for enemies, which will play double-duty later as allies. Of course the massive Chinese warring states line in 6mm.
Honestly…so much stuff. Too much really.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That has to be the greatest release schedule ever, right there. More 6mm Renaissance hits me right. And of course I’ll paint as much 3mm scale fantasy as you can cast!