Login |  Register |  FAQ

So how does it compare to FWC please?

Post subject: So how does it compare to FWC please?
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've not played Epic but play a lot of FWC so the comparisons to Epic are lost on me somewhat. The reviews of the rules sound interesting and the idea of bolting on the options sounds good. What I like about FWC is the command and control where not all elements will get to act and some may even get a blunder result. I also like the ability to creat your own units and that it has a widerange of lists from different settings.

So how does it compare?

Ta :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: So how does it compare to FWC please?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I havent played FWC but I own it and have read it many times.

I know that the command system of FWC and Warmaster appeals to a lot of people. I havent played because it doesnt appeal to me much...but I am sure my friends who love Warmaster will drag me into it soon.

Strike Legion doesnt have a Command Structure, that I recall. It does have cohesion, etc (you know, standard rule stuff), so that may bother you.

However, the amount of weapons and special effect abilities able to be given to each unit is staggering. Yes, you build your own units. I think the creation process is as complicated as the original Heavy Gear creation process. I have started a unit creation spreadsheet in Excel but have stalled because of the complexity of the formulas required to automate it, as well as a substantial lack of free time.

SL continues to be high on my "To-Do" list. It looks very complete, but maybe on a slightly smaller level (ie I cannot see as many units on the board in SL as I would field in Epic). Give the demo rules a try - they are free on Strike Legion's webpage!

Post subject: Re: So how does it compare to FWC please?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ta Kealios.