Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

Orders Militant Adepta Sororitas V1.0

Post subject: Re: Orders Militant Adepta Sororitas V1.0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi.

I love reading this post, and I'm considering making a sisters force to ally up with my Barran Siege Masters or Guard (A True Imperialist) :-)

What about Assassins?

normally they would work solo, so how about just one stand as a unit, but make it limited to 1 stand per X points, Deep Strike, Sniper, Macro 3+ but only have a 5+ save?

That way when they enter (if timed correctly) they can assassinate their chosen target... but have little staying power (which would be true when one man / woman is facing down a whole army whose general they just sent to meet the Emperor)

You could also differentiate between the different schools by changing their stats slightly, Eversor? make their attack CC, but 2+. Vindicator? make them have a 30cm shot, but maybe not macro or only 4+ or 5+. Death Cult? 2 bases, and have scout but worse stats...

or just remove the models altogether and just get an attack that hits a target on a turn both chosen before deployment (as you cannot stop them once the hit is authorized) although I don't like this that much as it feels a bit arbitrary for your opponent...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Just be aware of the fact, that it's Epic, not 40k, so things like "solo" assassin is not the right case. It's a tactical scale game, not a skirmish!

Assassins represented here are many solo agents working together against the same extra hardcore very important target - with whole IG regiments, SM companies, etc. Different scale is the keyword.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That is one of the reasons I was suggesting Min / Maxing the Save / Attack.

The Assassin is given a mission of one target and they are trained to be the best. however against an IG regiment / SM Company / Titan that one assassin is going to die / slink off.

(Although a well placed Melta Bomb taking out a Titan / Fortress is a Hilarious image... unless your an Crimson Fist)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, it's more of a frontal battle type game, than a specops thing :)

Btw, what do you think about the one-style army comment earlier this tread?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Had a 4k game against neccrons last friday (I posted the report) stress testing the choir with teleport, they worked well and it definitely add something different to the list being able too strike behind the lines. Admittingly I was facing a low strategy army with small formations and wining the roll off turn one and two helped even though the combined engage bounced against his BTS both times. If the choir with teleport is to be included they would need a slight point increase of 25, 250 per formation I going to have another game with them for further testing (not the list I post earlier thought).

MISSION [375]
8 Battle Sister Units, Canoness, 4 Rhino
MISSION [325]
8 Battle Sister Units, Priest, 4 Rhino
EXORCISM [300]
5 Exorcist, Hunter
CHOIR [275]
6 Seraphim Sister Units, Palatine
CHOIR [225]
6 Seraphim Sister Units
CHOIR [225]
6 Seraphim Sister Units
CHOIR [225]
6 Seraphim Sister Units
COVEN [250]
4 Dominion Sister Units, 2 Repressor
COVEN [250]
4 Dominion Sister Units, 2 Repressor
CRUSADERS [250]
10 Redemptionists Units, 5 Civilian Vehicle
LIGHTNING SQUADRON [150]
2 Lightning Strike Fighters
LIGHTNING SQUADRON [150]
2 Lightning Strike Fighters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With the Choir not having access to inspiring characters I'd still be worried about using them to engage formations from teleport

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Also was the option for formations of Immolators going to make it ina release?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well technically they can take the canoness (although that would be silly) as for the formations of immorlators I don't think it adds anything to the list being more of the same thing however I will give it a go at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

At the 3k level, how are we finding this list deals with Titans? Such as Warhounds etc?

Also just another question on the addition of Teleport, I'm curious as to why we've decided to go down that route? We are giving a unit an option it has never before had in the game, why not re-add the Inquisition Gun Cutter or Inq Thunderhawk to give the formation an Air assault option. This still goves the list the ability too strike behind the lines without screwing with the fluff too much.

And my asking about the immolator option is just to find a better use for them. Currently I'm struggling to find a place for them in the formations without causing too much bloat to units - they tend to add up too much when trying to get them into formations currently. Copying the Hellhound formation would be quite usefull (Making them an up-armoured version and going for the fast moving support formation for engages) I thought and would reflect tactics used by SoB as seen in the fluff and background.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I basically see the immolator formation's role as the unit to prep an assault. The whole one two punch seen in other lists. Formation of 6 Immolators rock up, hit hard with flamers into a unit, putting blast markers on enemy, Mission retains and moves in for engage with Immolator support

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Teleport represents a lot of different things in this game, from stealth troops like mandrakes and pathfinders to aerial insertion units like swooping Hawks and scourges. As well as traditional teleports like terminators. The idea is to give the SoB some more variety in movement and entry so everything doesn't just drive (or jump) forward rhino rush style.

The seraphim are entering the field in the same way swooping Hawks do, descending from above as avenging angels with their jump packs.

Against smaller war engines they do fine but bigger ones like warlord Titans are a real headache. Attrition fire does the work mostly, get some exorcists in range and rely on their weight of AT4 fire to strip shields and roll enough dice to punch through. There's also a decent spread of macro available.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm with mard on the immolators formation. 6 strong hellhounds are amazeballz support formations and likely would here as well. However we're pretty packed as we are now so likely something would need to go.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The problem I am concerned with is there are formations that fill that role already, I don't want to bloat the list. Of coarse the immorlators provide MW firefight but the list has a far amount of MW already.
Quote:
I'm with mard on the immolators formation. 6 strong hellhounds are amazeballz support formations and likely would here as well. However we're pretty packed as we are now so likely something would need to go.

I agree ideally I would drop the warrior acolytes and replace them with stormtroopers, thus replacing the stormtrooper formation with immorlator/repressor formation. maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That I dig. I'd love to have a pure(ER) sisters list and then another mixed hereticus list in the future. You're totally doing God's work here (har har)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, I understand the rational now for the teleport, all cool.

I would drop the Inquisitorial Armoured Fist and go for the mainly full Sisters list with the 0-1 Inquisition choice.

You can always do a full Inqusition list later, but I think concentrating on just a Sisters army first would be the best.

I'm still worried about how we would deal with anything larger than a warhound though, Especially Phantom titans, reavers etc, let alone units of three shadowswaord/stormswords etc. I know we have plenty of MW, but a lot of that is tied up in CC (A nightmare to use effectively/reliably if you're playing a savvy opponent) or extreme close range FF. Matching the Hellhounds I think is a great start. We get a little bit more range and a great fast moving support formation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next