Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Orders Militant Adepta Sororitas V1.0

Post subject: Re: Orders Militant Adepta Sororitas V1.0
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That would be one support company formation for one company formation, so for every company formation you take you may take a support formation if you so wish.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
There's a little bloat in the list, is this a SoB list, Inquisition list, or a Ecclesiarchy list?

This is a SoB list that falls under Orders Militant arm which comprises of two convents Convent Prioris and Convent Sanctorum that are made by of various sister of battle orders. The Prioris are based on Terra and the Sanctorum is based on Ophelia VII, though the various sister of battle orders are spread around the galaxy. These two convents have the same organization and command structure which are controlled by a single Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas. The Orders Militant are controlled by the Ecclesiarchy who prosecute Wars of Faith, but the sister of battle orders are left to their own agenda, however elements of the Ecclesiarchy are feed down into the sister of battle orders with the Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors (are you with me). So this list represents the sister of battle orders that undergo Wars of Faith (often called Crusades).

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What happens if you engage and defeat a unti that has both fearless and scout?

I.e.: Dominions go Faithful, you engage them and defeat them, as Fearless models they choose to remain in place, normally you only have a 5cm consolidate move which won't take you out of the 10cm zone of control. I assume you simply remain in their ZoC? Do you have to move the 5cm in an attempt to get out of the ZoC and leave it on your next activation?

Basically I am wondering if there is some way of exploiting Fearless and Scout on Dominions to make it impossible for someone to contest an objective - e.g.: it's the start of turn 3, a formation of Dominions marches and goes Faithful to get on an objective (in their own half primarily as even broken they could stop someone else from controlling it by using their ZoC) and they set themselves up in such a way that you can't get within 15cm of the objective without also entering their 10cm ZoC, you can only get rid of that blocking ZoC by killing every member of the formation (there could be up to 9 models in that formation to contend with).

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Occasionally a formation can break with their starting number (an daft engage) but usually they are greatly reduced in number by the time they break, so yes you would have to kill them in order to get that all import objective as with all fearless stuff. The scout rule only applies the the dominion units not the transports which is 4-6 if you upgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How goes the SoB list?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Now the euros are over I'm going to do some testing and Rug mentioned he and co will be up for some too.

The list I'm going for is,
Mission+Rhinos+SC-325
Mission+Rhinos+Ch-275
Mission+Rhinos+Ch-275
Exorcist+Hunter-325
Exorcist+Hunter-325
Dominion+Repressors+Immorlator-250
Dominion+Repressors+Immorlator-250
Inquisitor+Chimeras-325
(2 Servitor, 1 Penitent, 1 Sage, 1 Chirurgeon)
Emperors Chapels-350 BTS
Lightnings-150
Lightnings-150

I'll post a report at the end of the week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll be proxying that together with some marines at some point Rug.

My current thinking goes more like

(175*9 = 1575 + 150 = 1725)
Dominions + Palatine
Dominions + Palatine
Dominions + Palatine
Dominions
Dominions
Dominions
Dominions
Dominions
Dominions

(225*3 = 675 + 100 = 775)
Mission + Cannoness
Mission
Mission

=> Uncertain about Rhinos here, without them the entire army can garrison forwards

(150*3 = 450)
Lightnings
Lightnings
Lightnings

1725+775+450 = 2950...so add in two immolators somewhere

15 activations.

The Dominions cluster together in 3s early, with a palatine with each set of 3 to allow for a combined engage with 12 MW4+ attacks, averaging 6 kills on anything without Reinforced/etc., add in the 18 models (12 dominions + 6 rhinos) and that's likely outnumber and the palatine inspiring for about 8 points in combat resolution.

The Missions group together as well, for another major combined engage or they spread out and control objectives going fearless overwatch on them if possible.

Lightnings CAP or ground attack as needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Posted battle report will give so opinion later.

http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... 84&t=29734

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My thoughts on the game I had yesterday, well the chapels and also BTS got eaten by a greater daemon before I could use them. However if I had won the roll off turn 2 it would have been a different game, the risk didn't pay off (BL had plus 1 to strategy rating but I would of won on a draw). Apart from some bad dice on my part and good dice on T-T the sisters performed well, the 1+ initiative helped me rally throughout the game and faithful rule help survive the engagements. The missions and dominions are very good and very spamable they may be to cheap, I would rather increase their points than do what Rug suggested in having to take a support formation for every company formation this removes choice I feel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, yes opening the whole lot would make sense and clean up things, however I think the list needs a lot more testing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So Rug and I played using the 3k list he posted above (with 8 missions, 3 dominions and two lightnings).

I deployed poorly, keeping all 8 missions together right at the start - they weren't going to be engaging turn 1 so they didn't need to be intermingled like they were so it was a mistake that the artillery punished me for.

Attachment:
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG [ 33.8 KiB | Viewed 3497 times ]

First thing that happened though was the garrisoned, intermingled Dominions all surged forward to engage some sentinels, leaving the formation fearless, on the side of a forest hidden from the Imperial Guard, and within striking distance of practically his entire deployment zone on turn 2.

The manticores fired, damaging three formations of Missions but failing to break any of them.

I then moved the damaged missions forward - burning activations basically to try and draw out his Leman Russ and Mech Inf companies. Despite the pounding from the Manticores the Missions were - while filled with BMs and down a few rhinos and sisters - still meaningful threats in turn 2 if they were able to clear their BMs. The entire center of the board was filled with sisters in varying states of morale.

His sentinels got in the way, aircraft flew around a bit and tried to clear them, his Leman Russ came forward and fired into some of the unactivated missions. A Mech Inf Company decided to have a go at clearing away the intermignled Dominions and failed fairly spectacularly (though one of the dominions formations was broken and left with one fearless stand).

By the end of turn 1 the Guard were down 2 sentinel formations, a mech inf company was broken and down to about half strength and trying to flank the sisters. Otherwise his formations had no BMs. Manticores were on cooldown. The center of the board was packed with damaged (but largely reduced BMs) missions and three unscathed, intermingled missions with a palatine and a cannonness standing opposite his intermingled mech hq and leman russ.

Turn 2 starts with the Dominions combined engaging fearlessly into the leman russ company, killing a few and breaking, they swept behind trying to encircle the massed clump in the middle. Retaining and engaging again the three unscathed missions barrel into the mech hq and leman russ. The dice betray me here but I win by a single point due to outnumber. The guard are down to some Manticores that can't fire, some thunderbolts, some hydras and two warhound titans while I have two lightnings and 5 unactivated missions all close together and all within engage range of something worthwhile.

We don't do turn 3 because of time and the more or less inevitable conclusion.

=====

Overall thoughts
1. the stats, weapons, etc. on the formations feels right, I don't think the statlines or weapon load outs need to change for these units
2. faithful...it's powerful but using it is always a choice with meaningful pros and cons, early on in the turn you want to use it but once the BMs start coming down and you start retaining and prepping targets etc. the risk increases.
3. Why would you choose Repentia when you could take Dominions?
4. These formations are too cheap which makes them too spammable, perhaps bump their price by 25 points so Missions are 250+transport and Dominioms are 200+transport (this army would be losing 275 points which would be a mission and two immolators to help reduce the activation advantage).
5. The other formations in the list don't feel as competitive - the Chapels, the Cathedral, the Inquisition stuff especially - to reduce the spamming of the core sisters I'd up their price but also make the other formations more attractive to take so that the default response to a list building problem is not 'when in doubt, take more missions'. Someone taking Chapels means they aren't taking another mission. Plus they'd have a reason to put some cool centerpiece and unique models on the board!
6. Celestians don't feel all that useful, I don't know what I'd do with them in the list, perhaps find some way of making them a more attractive option, making the BTS more points but also more potent.

Rug had some interesting ideas about how to change the way you buy Celestians and Retributors, he may want to share those ideas here?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next