Login |  Register |  FAQ

ADEPTUS TITANICUS! Help. . .

Post subject: ADEPTUS TITANICUS! Help. . .
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi guys! Long time no chat. I just got a new job! It's pretty much a Server Admin position, and it is paying more than what I am getting as a Programmer Analyst, so yahoo!

Anyway, even though I packed up most of my gaming stuff, I have been working on a little project for none other than, Adeptus Titanicus. One of my friends is willing to play once a month or so if we have time (it is last on our list of things to do, and is only really going to happen if we stay in to save money for a night. ???).

Anyway, I didn't want to unleash a huge game, just something that can be easy to pick up and resolved with the fewest amount of minis. I decided on AT/SM1. I made up an Loyalist and Traitor force to compliment the two Warlords each side would be getting. These aren't the top of the line Warlords, as you might remember some Warlords could come very cheap back in the day. Anyway, each force comes in at 3000 points and that's not too shabby to use in an evening.

So I thought, "Hey, why use existing minis with old paint jobs when you can just make new ones?"  :L  

So I have some questions if anyone can answer. . .

1) Remember the first SM Medic from Rogue Trader? The beakie one? The paint scheme was a black body with white helmet and shoulder pads. I can't remember the rest. Were the arms and legs white too? If anyone has a pic they can post it would be appreciated. I don't know if it was actually posted in the Rogue Trader rulebook, or if it was shown in White Dwarf. A description would be fine. YEah, I am adding a few of these to the stands I am making.

2) Sons of Horus or Emperor's Children? I thought about going with Horus, since he's my favorite, and I am thinking about sticking him in the hatch of a Land Raider like I did over ten years ago. The problem is, solid black is pretty boring (and I am going with the schemes that were released with SM1). The Loyalists are the Ultramarines, but I can't decide on the baddies. If I go with the Sons, do how would you think the medics and so forth would look? As colorful as the other Chapters? Maybe not? How would you tweak the SOns to make them look more interesting? The Emperor's Children from then look great, but I wanted to get as evil as I could get.

If you need a reference, check out the pics I have on my site. . .

See ya.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sold my old RT book years ago to pay for Epic(!), sorry, no help there...

And SoH - black works for me! ??? ?

However, painting helmets and S/Pads with stripes, circles, etc. are always a good option, IMO. :;):

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just posted a photo of an old RT medic in the "What are you working on?" thread... here

-I don't think its the exact one you mentioned Gandalf, but hope it helps anyway... ?:cool:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Being that black is my favorite color, you can guess who my vote goes for...  :;):

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mazel Tov (Congrats) on the new job, Gandalf!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/