Login |  Register |  FAQ

Day 2 Battle 5, final battle day 2 of campaign

Post subject: Day 2 Battle 5, final battle day 2 of campaign
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well this was giving me some concern after the last battle where my 2 imperators were utterly smashed and this army was the same. Considering this was a fight for the bridage which would give my opponent access to my north eastern sector. So was hoping not to run into another titan army, luckily i didn't and was even better in that there was not a single titan in my opponents army.

My army 6,000 points

2 x imperator titans 4500
2 x tech gaurd titan defence companies 800
2 x tech gaurd heavy detachments 500
1 x knight errant detachment 200

My opponents army 6,000 points

1 x devestator company 1000
2 x veteran companies 1700
2 x tactical companies 1500
2 x knight households 1100
1 x landraider company 600
2 x chaplains 100

The left flank of my opponents deployment

His right flank

he had pretty evenly spread his deployment with a larger portion on the right flank as 4 objectives pretty close to that bridge (2 bridges's both objectives). the other objective other side of the second bridge.

My left flank consisting of my knight errant detachment. on reflection i should of kept them around my warlords as too exposed and far from support.

what a wonderful site my right flank from the enemies view :) i put a det of tg defence troops in the ork building to hold the objective (at back left side road) and another across the bridge in the building to delay/distract the enemy.

Turn 1

He went for the objective and generally advanced so could shoot at imperators. The tg defence det did its job and distracted the enemy. the imperators had 4 and 10 plasma and were able to shoot up the troops on the objective and pick some others off. the imperators weapons not all a great range unless you power up the main gun.

My knights died, to put it simply it was a bad deployment choice. my oponent just rolled up and slapped them, although he did have to start manouvering alot of troops to move to other side of board.

End of turn 1, 22 vs 19 to my opponent

Turn 2

My imperators held and mainly just moved slightly to try and get the enemies devestators and landraiders that were closing and ready to fire. as my red imperator had taken fire and had only 8 shields the devestators, landraiders and knights posed a real problem of possibly losing an imperator so they were prime target and did they feel the burn.

on the other side of the map my opponent was loading back up and dashing to cover ground but staying out of possible plasma fire.

The slope facing my imperators that had several devestator detachments and landraiders was being cleansed by my imperators.

The marines were tacticly hiding in their rhino's and had stormed the other objective.

End turn 2 36 vs 17 to me

Turn 3

After the cleansing of nearly all the marines heavy weapons it was mutaully agreed that he could withdraw of the field at end of turn 3. Reasons being it would of gone on for ages me trying to chase down units with my imperators and it was impossible to storm them with my troops on board and its firepower too much

My few troops left on objective from my det ig titan defence company

The cleansed hill, with the few survivors seeking cover

End turn 3, 48 vs 22 to me

Although with what i had left from my causulties i would be unable to deploy both imperators as only left with one company card. On the plus side i had reduced my opponents army from 7 companies to just 2 with 2 detachments.

The question now is do i withdraw this army and replace it with a more versatile one as the imperator is proving to be just a giant anti-infantry platform with no real anti - titan ability especially against wargroups. I do have several armies nearby but it may mean loosing the bridge square as i swap armies if i loose iniative. S far my plan is to delay for as long as possible the enemy advance into that sector as i flank. But more on this a week friday when the next campaign map move will happen and all indications are that the northeastern sector is going to heat up more than what it is now.

My Campaign Rules

My TOEG

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Battle 5, final battle day 2 of campaign
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A bit more luck with the Imperators this time then! Their paint job is looking good too.

Profile Send private message