Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 102  Next

Plastic Infantry & transports sprue, crowdfunding.

Post subject: Re: Plastic Infantry & transports sprue, crowdfunding.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Unless you're ordering lots of metals you probably need only pay the £3 international fee a couple of times, the in crporated £2 should cover increased weight oflarger packages. And yep we'll refund appropriately if the price paid was too high, after your sets have been sent out.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to hear. Probably best to pay as instructed, especially as it looks as if stuff will be available at different times?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's it. Very nice sprue! And thank you for all of this benevolent madness. Nice to see the goal at last. While I agree on most views on things (beef everything up a notch), I think this looks worthwhile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Love the beast, great sculpt!

Have you considered a 'box set' of two complete-ish armies, with a bit of everything?

Armyforge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good that you're showing the sprue you're aiming for but they look really rushed and you could do a lot better with the designs than that:

The heavy's gun is a good size, don't make it smaller. Could you add a tiny as possible bump at the end of the main barrel piece to hint at a primitive targetter? You haven't shown off the back but this model would look best with a large ammo container or bulky backpack filled with ammo, if you haven't already. Could you change the direction the head is looking and point the gun more horizontally so it looks like it’s actively blasting away with its gun? Then you should alter the pose of the legs so that the left leg is straight and the left foot is pointing in the direction of the firing and the right leg is bent and the right foot point forwards, the sort of pose one might stand in if pulling hard on a rope, so that the boark looks like it’s bracing against the recoil from the firing. That would look a lot better than the samey passive stance its in now.

Please don't copy and paste a metal slave that many will already have boiught! Do a new design for the plastic one! (along a similar sort of design as the existing ones). I would suggest a good design could be altering the second slave from the left on the picture of the metal sprue -switching it so that it's stepping forward with its left foot rather than its right and pointing/shooting a blunderbuss forwards rather than boark pistol.

Sorry, but I think you've done a very poor job on the leader. It doesn't look different enough (it took me a while looking at the sprue till I noticed there was a leader on there) and just increasing the size of the basic boark is a poor / lazy option. Please change the pose of the legs for a start! We're desperate for more variety on there. I'd suggest a pose that looks more like its striding forward would be good IMO. The chest would be better bulked up with a lot of thick heavy armour plating there. The arms would look better in a different position too, do they have to be in that upwards pose for casting or could you change them? The gun should be in the other hand to differentiate it for a start, plus make the gun bigger and change the design - add a second barrel I reckon. Tip snips are ok but could do with being bigger. I think I'd prefer a larger double-headed axe to them myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:17 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I quite like the infantry, the only thing that sticks out for me is the 'cab' of the alien vehicle
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=piste ... 66&bih=673 always springs to mind when I look at it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just my thoughts -

I am probably in the minority but the more you add to this IGG the more confusing it gets for me.

I would have thought it would have been simpler (possibly easier? I dunno) to sell the upgrade packs seperate from the sprues.

So this stage the standard pack gives you 3 sprues, the upgrade packs give you 2 sprues and working out how many dudes etc is just too complicated for my simple mind (especially when the sprue contents havent been finalized as yet) I would have thought it easier to have options like :

3 Sprues - $x
AA Sprue upgrade - $x (upgrades 1 sprue (or maybe 2 sprues if you wanted to sell in packs of 4 upgrades) of vehicles)
Heavy Guns upgrade - $x (as above)

Also you are punishing people (a little) who want more sprues. You have some bulk discounts for multiple box sets:
1 box $22 (3 sprues)
2 box $42 (6 sprues)
4 box $82 (12 sprues)

So if I wanted to purchase upgraded weaponry I have to downgrade my box set purchase losing my multiple box discount to then add on the AA/heavy packs.

Anyways just my thoughts, maybe the way it is currently done is the best way from an accounting and record keeping point of view, it just seems overly complicated (especially if you continue to add more add on variations) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

adam77 wrote:
Love the beast, great sculpt!

Have you considered a 'box set' of two complete-ish armies, with a bit of everything?

Yes. My ultimate goal would be a boxed game set with plastic infantry & IFV's, plastic scenery, and a few metals to spice things up. We've not unlocked all the metals I'd want to include yet, nor the scenery!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
The heavy's gun is a good size, don't make it smaller. Could you add a tiny as possible bump at the end of the main barrel piece to hint at a primitive targetter?

Can do.

Quote:
You haven't shown off the back but this model would look best with a large ammo container or bulky backpack filled with ammo, if you haven't already.

OK

Quote:
Could you change the direction the head is looking and point the gun more horizontally so it looks like it’s actively blasting away with its gun?

Only if you want the head to become a featureless flat plane. Going off the horizontal in plastics of this scale doesn't tend to work out well. I'd have to fill the space between the big teeth with a flat lump of plastic, for example.

Quote:
Please don't copy and paste a metal slave that many will already have boiught!

Fret not he's only there as a preview. There's no way he'd cast in plastic as-is.

Quote:
Sorry, but I think you've done a very poor job on the leader. It doesn't look different enough (it took me a while looking at the sprue till I noticed there was a leader on there) and just increasing the size of the basic boark is a poor / lazy option. Please change the pose of the legs for a start!

Going too far off the mould plane is kinda difficult in plastics. More expensive too. There's a reason I've kept the poses on both sides of the sprue fairly 'flat' - restraint breeds affordability in this case.

Quote:
'd suggest a pose that looks more like its striding forward would be good IMO.

You'd add a grand to the project on top of other costs by doing that I expect. One side of the entire mould tool would have to have a flat 2mm layer gouged off of it (bar the bit where he's taking a step) to allow for that leader to take a 2mm step forwards.

Quote:
The arms would look better in a different position too, do they have to be in that upwards pose for casting or could you change them?

It does make casting a little easier. Mostly it's because the Aliens are so big already, having wider poses would make them quite difficult to fit on the sprue.

Quote:
The gun should be in the other hand to differentiate it for a start, plus make the gun bigger and change the design - add a second barrel I reckon.

Can-do.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve54 wrote:
I quite like the infantry, the only thing that sticks out for me is the 'cab' of the alien vehicle
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=piste ... 66&bih=673 always springs to mind when I look at it

Could you suggest something that you think would look better?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mangomadness wrote:
Just my thoughts -

I am probably in the minority but the more you add to this IGG the more confusing it gets for me.

I would have thought it would have been simpler (possibly easier? I dunno) to sell the upgrade packs seperate from the sprues.

Long term, that will happen. For the crowdfunder I'm limited in the number of separate pledges I can have available. Thus, combined sets only.

Quote:
Also you are punishing people (a little) who want more sprues. You have some bulk discounts for multiple box sets:
1 box $22 (3 sprues)
2 box $42 (6 sprues)
4 box $82 (12 sprues)

So if I wanted to purchase upgraded weaponry I have to downgrade my box set purchase losing my multiple box discount to then add on the AA/heavy packs.

That's because unlike plastics, you don't tend to get the same kind of bulk discounts for sending metals (more weight=more expense to post). I should think I'd be able to offer small discounts for multi-buys though, get in touch via email if you've bought several of the plastic & metal combi-sets and I'll see if I can arrange a small partial refund.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ulrik wrote:
Good to hear. Probably best to pay as instructed, especially as it looks as if stuff will be available at different times?

If there are delays to some elements but not to others then I'd like to have the postage funds available to dispatch in two batches yep.

Note that the factory has given us one warning: The bases tool will be ready for the original deadline, but because we've been adding extra poses etc. to the infantry & IFV's tool, the delivery ETA on that has slipped by one month to Aug.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

cant you run an Add-On structure like most miniature kickstarters i've followed, along the lines of a list of extra prices, and people can simply pledge that much extra, at the end, send out a survey and see what people have ordered?
or is that going to make lead-time on organising things too hard?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Indiegogo is structured around pre-set pledges rather than donations. Next time I'll use kickstarter...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

when you make a pledge, you can adjust your pledge ammount as needed. Kickstarter acts as a single pledge that you can increase or decrease as the campaign progresses (and dont get charged for till completion) while Indiegogo allows for multiple pledges that are charged as you make them
but both allow you to pledge over the perk level set quite easily

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 102  Next