Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Missing Threads

Post subject: Re: Missing Threads
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

If being naive was a crime, a lot of us (me included) would be in jail.
Better to just deal with the situation we are in now and make the best of a it.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
Steve54 wrote:
The fact that AFAIK there has been only one person targetted points to me that TC isn't involved.

As much as GWs behaviour is annoying IMO moreso is the people who have posted threads on other forums organising joint orders and even putting PDFs online. They might as well have emailed lenton themselves

Someone did that?! Ok, my nerd rage has been entirely redirected!

Yeah, at least one person did, maybe two. :tut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

why isn't this whole business conducted via a shadow company in some country that certain annoying manufacturers (Gee doublejuu) can't reach? Somewhere nice and warm maybe? Ecuador? I volunteer to set up shop there :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Or just be done using the personal email addresses, rather than PM's?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mspaetauf wrote:
Hi!

why isn't this whole business conducted via a shadow company in some country that certain annoying manufacturers (Gee doublejuu) can't reach? Somewhere nice and warm maybe? Ecuador? I volunteer to set up shop there :P

I actually looked into it while living in Vietnam, but postage was atrocious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Having the public photobucket may have been a bad idea too, as if someone saw a single image they could easily click through to see them all. If there were just a few they may have been overlooked, but the amount may have triggered the reaction.

As sad as it is I'm hoping it might just be a one-off rather than more wide-spread...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve54 wrote:
The fact that AFAIK there has been only one person targetted points to me that TC isn't involved.

Yeah in all honesty, TC isn't likely to show up on anyone's radar provided nothing completely egregious is happening. Let's be real here: We're not important enough to pay attention to. Usually stuff like this gets noticed because someone is running their mouth off and did something dumb (like playing in a GW store and talking about the proxies and wanting to be a "big man" [or woman-let's not be sexist]).

Rug wrote:
Someone did that?! Ok, my nerd rage has been entirely redirected!

Nerd rage-fear it :)

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Yeah, at least one person did, maybe two. :tut

BURN THE WITCH!!! OK all joking aside I am glad to hear (read actually) that no one has called for names and calls for retribution. No time to turn on ourselves.

BTW, someone earlier questioned if "compatible with" 3rd party add-ons are kosher. So first of all, IANAIPL and in no way providing legal advice or advocating anything (again) but in general it is legal in the US provided a slew of conditions are met (sorry I am not a subject of the Queen so have no clue about what flies in our progenitor country :)). Usually most people side step the issues by simply stating "compatible with a most 6mm figures" and making sure there's a clearly documented inspiration from either a historical or cultural source, is not a direct copy of an existing design, etc. For instance the concept of a minigun is not able to be claimed to be IP. A debigerized version of an assault cannon IS. If I made a vehicle mounted 6mm minigun inspired by the Phalanx CIWS with a round nubbin that might fit a GW whirlwind, EW range, or stuff from C&C, I'd probably have a strong leg to stand on.

In addition, since we've started armchair lawyering, Chapterhouse studios is probably going to loose not due to any add-on kits and the claim that the disclaimer text wasn't up to snuff but because they actually have produced models with direct copies of copyright work (imperial aquilas and the like). GW is a bit pissed also that they get screwed on the whole SW thunder wolves or whatever the hell those things are called and so that's probably what finally started the whole pissing contest.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I wasn't aware chapterhouse was probably going to lose, the analysis I've read seems to range from 'destroy GW for picking on chs' to 'burn chs for stealing from GW'. Seems pretty open to debate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm confused - My posts regarding my line of 6mm alien stand-ins have been deleted, though I have taken pains to make sure they are different enough from GW minis to avoid any problems....

Is this not allowed as well?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

just pm cybershadow reminding him to check through it - if there's no issues he'll replace it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What really annoying is that we even lost the Otter parts that were new and had no IP issues..

I my eyes what Otter did was close, but they were not copies, even small copies.. (in fact I enjoyed seeing just how different they was) there was many many many differences and I hope the lawyers see this... otherwise GW has IP rights over a huge range of gaming that is not even theirs...

My missile launchers got removed here too.. They was better detailed, and a different shape, yet removed here... and I was not even contacted about said removal... They was addon parts...

GW has more or less shut the interesting aspect of this forum, and its not even contacted this forum !!!

Its like banning all cars.... when just a couple of types have a fault.... this is how its appearing..
It may not be the intention, but appearances are what matter..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cybershadow took down all potential problem threads (including mine). He's also got to work his way through them (since he's legally responsible)

Give him time. I liked your add-on ideas. Do you fancy retooling them for a different IP such as World of Blighty?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I will adjust to what I understand would be a viable tactical missile launcher.., to be honest, it wont be that different, just less curvy..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:08 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Yes, my apologies for any missing threads currently. I am working through them (although I am on holiday right now) and if there is a particular thread that you want addressed just drop me a note and I will fast track it. Thanks for your patience.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next