Login |  Register |  FAQ

Hammer of Justice

Post subject: Hammer of Justice
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: University of Essex, Colchester, UK (soon to be Brighton, Sussex, UK)
Hello there!

Well, I was playing with the armybuilder today and decided to base it around a Mars battlecruiser as my flagship. I was playing around that idea and selecting several cruiser configurations for it when I saw a combo I hadn't noticed before, the Hammer of Justice.

I have always thought that this particular Dominator ship was lame if not horrible when compared to a regular dictator (and you already know I am not big fan of the basic dominator either, heh ;)) but then I saw the combo with the Mars. If you place the mars and the hammer of justice squadroned you get a WS 45/12 and lances 45/2. The combo of the 2 nova cannons can be quite deadly to eascort squadrons as well, so they seem to complement each other quite nicely. So the result is a good medium/long range pair there. Has anyone tested that combo?

Dunno, but it seem a good combo for me and wanted to share it with the rest of you :) Hehe, in the end I will end up being a dominator supporter or something ;)

The decision to do that was because I was toying around the idea of a tourney list, even if I don't plan on getting into any BFG toruneys, but hey, boredom doing econometrics essays can do that to anyone ?:o so I was doing a fleet able to perform well under 1500, 1000, 750, 500 and 250 battles with the same basic pool of ships to select from. The final list looks like that:

Admiral, ld8, 1 extra reroll

Mars (imperious)
Dominator (hammer of justice (squadroned with dominator)

Lunar
Lunar (both squadroned)

Enforcer (to get a total of 6 launch bays so I have a god enough aircraft wing and an extra "firestorm squadron" if needed against those pesky necrons)

3 Swords
3 Firestorms
4 Cobras
4 Falchions

There we go :) Enjoy

Cheers,

Xavi

Eric Clapton- Layla

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Hammer of Justice
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: University of Essex, Colchester, UK (soon to be Brighton, Sussex, UK)
Oh, BTW, a Tyrant with a NC performs the same role with way more efficiency than a dominator, but he costs 215 points so that is 30 points more than the dominator (or 10 if we only take the 45 broadside but not the NC) so it is a mixed bag there. Ifyou ca afford it it is better (bradside of the combo comes up to 45/16 and 2 lances LFR as well as the 2 NCs) but it is not a cheap one :)

Cheers,

Xavi

Profile Send private message