Login |  Register |  FAQ

Campaign / fleet restrictions

Post subject: Campaign / fleet restrictions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My local gaming group, is organising a number of gaming events based on the new Eye of Terror event that is forthcoming over the next few months, the basic idea is to have 3 seperate gaming days over a period of about 6 weeks and link Warhammer 40000 with BFG, I am a keen collector of the Imperial fleet and was thinking of taking part and dulely contacted the person in charge...The only sticking point that came up was that the organisers have decreed, which is their right, that you may only purchase your fleet in blocks of 400 points, as they do not wish a large number of battleships to appear, I was told that battleships would only be allowed under umpire control, the concept being that the event was intended to be a bring and battle event. You will be allowed to bring as many 400 point blocks as you wish but they must all be self contained.

I thought that while the organisers heart appears to be in the right place this was a little restrictive (I like to field a battleship or Grand cruiser/battlecruiser as my flagship)

I was therefore wondering if any of you, or your gaming groups had any type of restrictions or so-on, or do you find the fleetlists to be reasonably balanced, which I had always thought was not too bad for the core Imperial Chaos fleets.

Thank you for your help

regards...

www.northernwasters.co.uk

Profile Send private message