Login |  Register |  FAQ

E40k Links & Resources

Post subject: E40k Links & Resources
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Epic 40k has seen a huge gain in popularity in the past 12 months. Not one, but two independent facebook groups dedicated to 3rd Ed has certainly helped. But as someone that finds facebook less than reliable and for those folk that pop up on forums but don't have facebook, I thought it would be good to have a brand new resource thread, with all the links contains in the first post. Especially as a backup for E40k resources, many of which are currently only available from those facebook groups.

The original sticky thread still appears to populated with valid links, but there quite a few new resources out there now and thought it worth being collected into one single post, for ease of use.

I'll be looking at adding new downloads links & backups for all the current scans of rules books & additional materials. This safeguards the material should facebook accounts be closed, material removed or if the groups are sadly closed.

I'd also like to add links to resources outside of the rules, such as painting & terrain guides. Not only does this then help support the creators putting Epic content out, what ever edition they produce this content for.

If you have links or resources you'd want added to this index, drop them in a comment and I'll update this post going forward.

Latest Update: 07/08/2020

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Epic 40,000 Resources

Rules:

Epic 40k Compendium Online compendium for rules & expanded official material: Created by Eric Weston(MeBrainBeDrained)

Army lists, Expanded and Fan Material:

Toco's Army Book II Expanded and new army lists for both 40k armies (Also army lists for 'pocketmodel star wars' for E40k)

ArmyForge Detachment builder. In progress online tool for building detachments. Created by IJW Wartrader

Groups & Forum links:

Epic 40,000 3rd Edition Fan Page Facebook hobby group for Epic 40k
Epic 40k Remastered Facebook group for the fan remastering/updating of the Epic 40k rules.
EPIC SPACE MARINE 40K MIDDLEHAMMER All editions group, with a very slight lean towards the preference of 2nd edition.
6mm wargaming and terrainThe biggest 6mm group on facebook, any 6mm genre welcome.

Miniatures Collecting and Catalogues

Epic 40k MiniWars Fantastic resource with some amazing photo gallery and miniatures guide
SoL Epic catalogue The final E:A listing
Epic Collector Epic Miniatures Catalogue

Painting & Modelling guides:

How I Paint Things - Painting Epic-scale 6mm Miniatures From the fantastic 'Sonic Sledgehammer Studio', painting guide for Vanguards Novan Regulars Siege Infantry.

Epic Chaos Champions - Conversion and Painting From the fantastic 'Scruffy Crow' channel, painting and converting 2nd Ed chaos Army champions.
Epic: The Demonic Horde - My first epic unit and deciding my basing. From the fantastic 'Scruffy Crow' channel, painting and converting 2nd Ed chaos Army Trolls & Minotaurs
Epic: Chaos Squats, Dreadnoughts And Rhinos From the fantastic 'Scruffy Crow' channel, painting Chaos Squats, Dreadnoughts And Rhinos

6mm Sci-fi - Painting Ork Stompas from Games WorkshopStompa painting guide from 'Hero of the Table'.

MaMTu - How to paint: Death Guard 6mm [dt.]Death Guard painting guide from 'Dizzyfinger'. In German but is easy enough to follow along
MaMTu: How to paint: Questoris Knight House Makabius / Adeptus Titanicus [dt.] AT knight painting guide. In German but is easy enough to follow along

https://guildfordgamesclub.wordpress.com/2017/05/03/painting-6mm-epic-armageddon-miniatures Blog detailing quick painting methods for Epic models, showing Tzeentch daemons and silver towers.

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

Last edited by RexHavoc on Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: E40k Links & Resources
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For the purposes of keeping track of who's who, I'm Ian Wood and am the person behind the Armyforge-based Detachment builder.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
For the purposes of keeping track of who's who, I'm Ian Wood and am the person behind the Armyforge-based Detachment builder.

That's cool, I've added a credit to the army builder now. I was going to add your name this morning by could only remember your real name and not your user name here. Didn't want to add real names to the credits as some like to keep their anonymity here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice one, good idea, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I don't mind credits either, my real name is in the compendium anyway, and the compendium is in my signature here, so not hard to match up.

People may also find this handy: https://thehobby.zone/resources/useful-links/useful-links-epic/

EA Rules Revamp: https://thehobby.zone/resources/ea-rules-revamp
Epic 40,000 Compendium: https://thehobby.zone/resources/e40k-compendium

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but since I just posted the info on the miniwars thread, I'll post it here, too...

Oone helpful resource that I think you could include is the Epic Armageddon catalog over on Stuff of Legends:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2005ussc ... 046-02.htm

That is the best record available of what models were released for the very last official version of Epic.

You could also link to the other epic catalogs on that site, so people can know what items were available from GW , and when they were released.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@MeBrainBeDrained No bother, happy to get it done. Whilst your page is far more comprehensive I thought links here would be a good back up plan. We lost the Net E:A document page for a few weeks and someone was in the groups asking after lists every hour! Have credited you now for your page.

@Semajnollissor fantastic! I've added the catalogue thanks, I wasn't even aware that it was up on SoL!
I may get around to the other catalogues, once we've run 3rd Ed resources dry! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Rex, could you confirm if there's anything from dakka's existing sticky in this sub that's (still relevant, given 5 years old) but missing here? And/odd add a link in this resource page to that one?

Ideally we'd only have one resource sticky, wonder if this one could be made to include content from both?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is cool, has it really been five years since I last updated my sticky, I guess vanguard really has taken over my life ha.

Love 3rd edition great to see it still has people playing it, it really was/is a brilliant game.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apoc, at the moment there are a few links in Dakkas thread that is missing from here and still relevant/active. I've been working my way through my own archived material, facebook files and the original thread collecting up the cleanest scan/best version of each item. Some of the items from that thread are already here, I'll look to adding the rest over as soon as I can, I'll make it priority over adding more new content.

@Moredakka but without vanguard, there would be no need for a sticky thread for 3rd! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There's also this link from Warseer that lists the Epic release timeline:

https://www.warseer.com/forums/showthre ... ine-(Mk-II)

I think that this really needs to be copied and pasted to a thread here on Tactical Command somewhere, given Warseer's track record of disappearing.