Login |  Register |  FAQ

Space Marine flak?

Post subject: Space Marine flak?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Anybody use the Space Marine flak rules from Chambers of the Horned Rat, in Firepower 1? (I believe they were first published elsewhere.)

They make the point that the Space Marines needed some flak, and allowed an alternative version of the Whirlwind, with 2 FP instead of barrage and Flak instead of Artillery, same points. An alternative Support Weapon had 2 fp instead of AT and Flak, and reduced range (30cm).

I know they made a flak vehicle, though I don't remember what it was called. I assume it was just use the flak version of the Whirlwind for stats.

andy

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Space Marine flak?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The ADA Vehicle was called the Hunter ... Used the Rhino chassis ... http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Hunter The Epic model looked a little different ... see below ...

Attachments:
SM HUNTER EPIC .png
SM HUNTER EPIC .png [ 43.63 KiB | Viewed 2660 times ]

Post subject: Re: Space Marine flak?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah I remember this back in the day, and would be open to using it today. They used to keep a running list of approved rules in the magazines (and I can't remember if it was the later Firepower ones, or Epic 40k Magazine), but I remember that rule was eventually rejected and I don't know why. I think its silly the Marines wouldn't have their own AA, and I think the explanation that they assumed Imperial players would play both Marines and Imperial Guard in their battles seemed weak. I think most Marine players want to play pure Marine armies, so they should have an AA unit.

Profile Send private message