NetE40k

Post subject: Re: NetE40k
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ravensburg wrote:
Hey Albertorius,

Nice to get some back up here.

Regarding "third wave" and "vehicles variants", watch out, those rules are not official.

You can find the list of what is official and what is not at the following link: http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... hp?id=6808

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks! :)
As I said, I have access to the 4 Firepower issues but not the Epic magazines. OTOH, it looks like there's not many official stuff not related to AT2 except the new allocation rules from issue 5 and Warmonger Titans from issue 7... do you have perchance access to those rules?

Quote:
Also, rules in third wave are brokens. For example, trukks counting as buggy with transport (2) cost 9 points. Now guess the cost of a buggy without transport (2)... 11 points... lol

Finally I've tested the rules for mobbing up orks in pack of 3, I've found it heavily overpowered.

I'm not completely sure about those two, tbh. The variant russes looked interesting enough, but I don't know how balanced they are, seeing as they didn't cost differently. As to the trukks, I think the idea was that you were forced to also take 1-2 ork units along with it, but I don't know.

The mobbing rules certainly seemed powerful, but IIRC they also looked like prime targets for barrages, and I've been told that orks in general were kinda underpowered. I haven't tested anything, though, so I can't speak from experience.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just to stick in my two pence, long time lurker, but when I saw this thread thought it was time to join up and say yes please. I love Epic 40k and would love to see a fan made version.

i am self employed so can't offer too much time re writing but am very happy to proof read, playtest and cheerlead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow I seemed to miss this thread, and I have been one of the more vocal supporters of Epic 40k over the years on this site. How did that happen?

First I want to say, wow there was a lot to read. Which is better than not having anything at all.

The second thing is, I recommend if you make any rule changes, try to keep them limited to a single page or two. As in all the changes fitting on just a page or two (not each). The reason is, regardless of Epic 40k's short sale life, there was actually a lot of effort put into its development, and even though it might not have been a core GW game for long, it was still supported on the side by Andy and Jervis for sometime after, as the Firepower and some of the Epic 40k mags can attest to. There are a few things I don't like about the game, such as short weapon ranges and firefights, but I would hate to see a whole version 1.1 rulebook done when I don't think it was add that much excitement to the game. If anything needs to be developed, honestly, I think it would be new rules for armies that don't exist in the Armies or Firepower books, like Dark Eldar, etc. Or just new units and detachments for existing armies. And then just add it as an append to the core three books we have.

Honestly, the three core Epic 40k books are really nice, and if I just had a slip of paper I could stick in one of the covers that includes a new rule or changes to one, it would keep the awesome book as it is, yet still give me the new changes. Just like a sheet of amendments.

So between the Armies Book and Firepower, and Epic 40k mag:

Space Marines
Imperial Guard
Eldar
Orks
Chaos
Tyranids
Squats
Adeptus-whatever with the Knights
Tau (which were never really playtested - Gav made them up over lunch one day)

So of these, I think Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks are pretty solid, just could use rules for new units that have come out since the game was released. The others could use new units and maybe some changes to their detachment structure.

But really try to keep the changes minimal. Or you will lose interest I think.