Login |  Register |  FAQ

TOEG 2012 WI's Blood Angels & Deathbolts

Post subject: Re: TOEG 2012 WI's Blood Angels & Deathbolts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:48 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I got a bit distracted over last week. My local gaming club is doing an Ancients battle with Hail Caessar rules- Romans vs Greeks. I decided that I should make an effort and contribute at least one unit to the big battle. So I have started painting unit of 24 Greek Hoplites- they will eventually be allies/mercenaries in my Macedonian army. Got about half way though so far.

However I have nt forgotten my Titans and have made small progress. I took your guys advice and gave them a diluted Mechrite Red wash around the edges to reduce the amount of black showing. And also recover some of the shading that I had lost by over painting the titans. Sometimes more is not better.

Have then gone back over edges with undiluted Badab Black wash. At least I have hopefully learnt something. The first wash of diluted Badab Black was too weak and the Chaos Black was too thick. Undiluted Badab Black seems to work as good middle ground. Have taken account of this for the next batch of 3 Warlords.

Have glued down the arm mounted weapons- I will try leaving the carapace weapons unglued so I can swap them around if needed. Next this afternoon will finish the bases with adding some scenic grass. That will just leave Honour Banners to come and I don't want to rush those. I might try to do one Honour Banner before finishing some Blood Angel infantry.

Cheers

James

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking good. Nice to see you are matching the structure of a battle company! What do you think you will use for storm ravens?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hi- Initially the plan would be to get a rulebook Codex Astartes 3k army done. After that I can start adding some of the specific BA formations. I do have a couple of the old "Thunderbrick" Mk1 T-Hawks that I have seen others using as Stormravens.

But I also really fancy the Lunchbox from Berzerkmonkey:
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=20487

Cheers

James

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:00 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I'm struggling this month, partly down to health reasons. And partly down to temporarily (hopefully) having lost my drive to paint Epic. I had hoped that ToEG would help me keep going. But after painting 7,100 points of Epic Orks in 6 months, I have had enough for the moment.

My initial plan was to start TOEG in July- I might revert back to that and hope that another month's break might help me re-find my painting mojo. In which case at least come July I would have had a head start with 3 finished Warlords and the Reavers/Warhounds that I have started.

Hope the rest of you guys can keep on going and hope to be back on track come midsummer.

James