Login |  Register |  FAQ

TOEG12 - SHunters Tyranids

Post subject: TOEG12 - SHunters Tyranids
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, in an effort to get back into epic, and on the advice of Cybershadow, I'm going to join this log.

I've neveer had or played against epic Tyranids, so I think this is a good time to start. It'll be all new models for me which will hopefully present new challenges and ideas.

I can't yet say what I am going to make as the the first lot of Tyranids are yet to arrive from Canada!!!

I also need to decide which rules pack I'm going to use, and I've got to admit I'm a bit confused which to go for. I need the rules that are most compatible with the Epic Armageddon book that was released, and which is balanced to those standard lists. As I need to get none epic players interested, and don't want them thinking I'm using some kind of cheesy made up rules.

So I guess I need to start thinking up some colour schemes. I was thinking the original old Nid scheme of red flesh with bone chitin - but I'll decide more when I physically got models in my hand.

Sooo, Any and all advice will be appreciated to an old newbie.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: TOEG12 - SHunters Tyranids
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good luck ShadowH.
Nids are certainly fun to paint in Epic scale, which is one reason why I almost switched to these for TOEG.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks, I noticed there wasn't anyone else doing Nids too, so a bit more variety. Long tine no speak too, I remember you from way back when. Good to see you and some of the others still around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Shadow Hunter wrote:
Thanks, I noticed there wasn't anyone else doing Nids too, so a bit more variety. Long tine no speak too, I remember you from way back when. Good to see you and some of the others still around.

I went missing for some time too. Nice to see you around again. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well i've had a few models arrive which I bought from ebay. Not really enough to do an actual force organisation slot, but a few to start with.

I think I will stick with the red and bone colour scheme, and have started painting a few items. I'll take some pics when they are a bit more worthy.

As a side project, while searching for Epic Tyranids, I found a guy advertising a 3000pt Tyranid 40k army, brand new, for just £180. So I also bought that.

So I'll be painting the epic and 40k versions at the same time. I am going to show both, as thought it would be fun. I'm going to try and show the epic and 40k versions together.

I'm just trying to get the shades right at the moment. I've tried one item with a scab red base and then highlight up. And one with the new Mephiston red (like blood red) colour and shade. Not sure which to go for yet.

I also have been trying the liquid green stuff and the textured paint.