Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

ToEG 2013 - Elsmore's (Blood) Angels

Post subject: Re: ToEG 2013 - Elsmore's (Blood) Angels
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

elsmore wrote:
Thanks guys, good ideas! I originally tried to make the flagstones a lighter shade of grey, but ended up highlighting them AND the rocks Wolf Grey (Vallejo). What do you think - lighter still, or a different colour?

Some kind of light beigy/browny/cream IMO. Fairly neutral and backgroundy and fading in in places with grey rubble on top. The black and white look good but is better saved and used sparingly on the interior like you have.

elsmore wrote:
Chapter marking - I tried and failed! Maybe I could do it with a new brush and a wet palete but I don't have the latter, and my patience ran out in any case ;) Does anyone have the ability to print tiny transfers?

Shame, hope you can manage it somehow.

Not currently sorry, my printer is the other side of the world. A good quality home photo printer will work, just make sure you get one that has a 1 picolitre (or smaller) drop size (>=9600x2400dpi) and set the resolution to maximum (on my 5 or so year old Canon IP5200, which I used for my epic Raven Guard, I had to lie and tell it that it wa printing on it's most fancy and expenisive canon photo paper before it would let me select the finest reolution that was needed).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Are those gargoyles on your base's from dark realm miniatures?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As they're Blood Angels a super easy squad marking for devastators is to do their traditional blue helmets.

They're looking great anyway though!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8